“A Second Try”

Ranked #159 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Honolulu, Hawaii
“A Second Try”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had to check in thru the bulletproof window in the vending and ice machine room late at night. Plus their computers were down to do the paperwork right then. For some reason, I didn't think it was that clean and could hear the airplanes landing all night. I left Atlanta to go to Fort Benning and needed a place again for an early flight upon return a few days later. Management did response with a future discount after my survey response wasn't that great. The second try was better then but the computers were still not working for check in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
BrieredelaPlante
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stay away. Forget about the lack of cleanliness about this property. The staff (1) and manager are wastoids and rude. I have travelled for over 50 years and this is the worst by far, including a place where I got bedbugs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BrieredelaPlante
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

I can't claim that this review is for a recent stay, but it's one I will never forget. I got stranded in ATL and needed a place and made the mistake of picking this horrible place. I was so tired and fell asleep immediately after putting my bags down. After a bit the phone rang and someone asked if I wanted anything to drink. Being groggy, young and inexperienced in the ways of the world, I thought traveloge must have room service. After she listed several alcoholic drinks, I asked for an orange soda.

After I hung up, I started to think and realized something was wrong. I didn't think this hotel had room service and even if it did, room service doesn't call you! After a few minutes there was a knock at the door and looking through the peephole I saw a large prostitute with sores on her face.

Needless to say, I never came out of my room until it was time to catch my flight home. That place was scary, dirty and, well.... awful.

• Stayed February 2011
7 Thank SchulzeM
Chipley, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

To be honest, I knew this would be a slum but I was traveling with teenaged boys going to a concert. This place does have a gate around it but the folks inside the gate aren't any better than outside in the terrible neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Geewhiz1349
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

I went and ALL of the reviews save for one are correct. No need to describe, it was mediocre and nasty. I had to get a staff member to clean a bug out and everything looked like one reviewer said....a SAW movie bahahahaa.....honest though. One guyt working for them riding in a golf cart was nice but the wait staff was rude and just heartless. I reserved my "room" with a credit card but with the understanding that I wouldn't be charged until check out. Well, this was partly my fault but I did call ahead and told them not to charge my card and I would be paying cash instead. So they took it, gave me a receipt and after my stay I noticed on my card statement they charged it again anyways!!!! I told them at the hotel too and they promised me not to charge it. I did this at another hotel and had no issues. Oh well....they are under investigation so they say. I've contaced my card company and they said if you didn't sign a form or authorize it in the end they have to refund the money. It was simply a reservation. I understand they charge you but they promised me not to do this. I should have just let them charge the card. They pocketed almost 50 bucks......I don't see how in the hell they are still in the biz.
Monnica

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank monnicamarie
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

After being stranded in Atlanta, Delta booked us a room here. Thinking it was a popular chain we weren't worried. After we checked in and found our room we were absolutely disgusted. The floors were filthy and the room stunk like cigarettes. Our bed sheets had crusty stains (your guess) and we found hair on the pillows. While my wife started calling to find another hotel I kept inspecting the room. The bathroom was straight out of a Saw movie, rusting tub, stained towels and a dirty shower curtain. The microwave was plastered with old food and the floor behind the bed had white powder behind it. (Insecticide?) All the while, there was a group of people hanging outside our room who seemed far too interested in our luggage.

When we finally booked another hotel and canceled our reservation here, the Manager promptly kicked us out, telling us that he needed to "clean" the room in 15 minutes for other guests.

While waiting for a cab to arrive, we waited in the lobby where we witnessed a local "character" bargain a room for $16. I stayed in Haiti for a week after the earthquake and the conditions here at Travelodge were still the worst I've ever seen!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank palliandrutty
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

Stayed 1 night when stuck in Atlanta,reception would not let us in left in the cold foyer,vending machine outside!!! given a room and toilet did not work,staff did not want us to move to another room,2cnd room was so disgusting,dirty paintwork,room smelt,dirty,bedding and pillows gross we slept in our clothes,bathroom so bad refused to bathe in it,room was damp and felt cold.Coffee in coffee maker was rank!!!! not even basic facilities,nowhere to get anything to eat,surrounded by security fencing taxis refused to pick up and take to airport as neighbourhood was not good thanks to good samaritans who gave us a lift,staff totally disinterested and refused to help!!!no refund on room once booked through Hotels.com,never ever stayed in a hell hole like this wish we had stayed in airport where it was warm and clean and could get food and drink,did not even get offered a drink in am so no idea what horror breakfast was stay away would not ever go near if they paid me $500

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Lynda064
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atlanta Airport-East
Quality Inn Northeast
Quality Inn Northeast
#138 of 172 in Atlanta
Red Roof Inn Atlanta -Six Flags

Been to Travel Inn Atlanta? Share your experiences!