“Quiet and Clean”

Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill
Ranked #118 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott on Cumberland for two nights, December 13, and 14, 2013. Service desk was cordial. Building was neat and clean. Room was also very clean, wifi and all accessories worked. Saturday morning it was raining, however, hotel provided free transportation to Cumberland Mall. Hotel was called and transportation returned to bring us back to hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed easily accessible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Angela C, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Windy Hill. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are committed to providing our guest with exceptional service and I am glad we were able to give you the service you deserve. We will share your comments with the staff. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill

Reviewed October 13, 2013

For my 2 night stay, this hotel was perfectly adequate. Clean bed linens, nice bathroom and I got a good night sleep. My room could use new carpet as the carpet had some stains. Front desk people were very nice and gave me 2 extra towels when I requested them. I plan to stay here again next month when I return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Angela C, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Hello,

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here as a result of using Priceline.com. Very disappointed. Lucky for me it was only for one night. This hotel needs MAJOR updating done. Ceiling in rooom had water leakage stains and room had old smell. Water pressure in shower was nonexistent. Hotel only has two levels but no elevator. Front desk receptionist was very nice and lobby was decently decorated. Too bad they haven't renovated the rooms. Don't think I will ever stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dreskee
Angela C, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Hotel. We value your feedback as it enables us to continue to improve and provide better service for our guests.
I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered and address your concerns, Although we have a very thorough preventative maintenance program, we clearly fell short in providing you a quality room that you have come to expect from our hotel. We will begin our renovations in October 2013 which will address the majority of your concerns during your stay with us.

I do hope that despite these inconveniences, you will be willing to give us a chance to welcome you back to our hotel and make your next experience more enjoyable. We look forward to serving you again.
Sincerely

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The carpet was green and ghastly dated; the view was an assault on my tender eyes. The room was rather nice; there was a mini fridge and a balcony. The sliding door to the balcony refused to open but an engineer showed up an sprayed that sucker down with WD-40 or something and it would grudgingly open after his professional application of copious lubricant. The smell of that lubricant remained in the room for the balance of my stay. The pillows on the bed were something I had never seen before. They had some kind of advanced insta-flat technology built into them; it was almost as if they anticipated my head hitting them and they instantly went flat as soon as I nestled my head into them. There was a work out room in the hotel but I didn't need it as the only working ice machine was one floor down and the furthest possible location in the property from my room so I did a lot of walking. There were plenty of fried chicken restaurants very close to the hotel and the smell wafted it's way intro the parking lot. Needless to say I ate a few fried chickens while I was there. On Monday nights they pop up some popcorn for football night. They had a person at the popcorn machine to make you up a bag; good thing because making up a bag of popcorn was obviously above my pay grade. They did have a breakfast; for around $12.00 you could eat some eggs and have some coffee; I elected to eat at the Chick-Fil-A; remember the fried chicken smell. They told me that the hotel was up for a update so I'll wait about a year or so before I book again.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the lobby or you get to walk a looooong way in and out.
1  Thank ICClearly

I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered and address your concerns, Although we have a very thorough preventative maintenance program, we clearly fell short in providing you a quality room that you have come to expect from our hotel. We are beginning our renovation in October 2013 which will address the majority of your concerns.

Sincerely

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Got an upgrade to a suite which was spacious and comfortable. Air conditioning units are, however, blunt instruments--the room tends to be too warm or too cold. Towels are variable in quality.

I understand that the lobby is getting an entire remodeling, which can't come too soon. For instance, there is no elevator. Granted there are only two floors, but this still means one has to lug heavy luggage up the stairs. Sounds as if an elevator is coming, so hope may be just around the corner. Breakfast is good, and the servers are very efficient and solicitous.

All in all, I would probably not return if I had other good options.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

First and foremost I would like to address all these negative reviews. Is this your typical Marriott? No; however, it IS a nice hotel especially for the budget conscious traveler. I am always in search of the best deal when I travel. This being Labor Day weekend I did not have many choices that were still available. The opening of football season was upon us here in Atlanta and EVERYTHING was booked solid. When I booked here I was informed I had gotten the last room. Then I read reviews and was a little worried. Sure enough we were given a room on the bottom floor. The room appeared freshly updated with new carpet and new furniture. The bed was comfortable and offered a freshly cleaned duvet cover which pleased me greatly. The bathroom also was newly updated and spotless. Trust me I examined every inch of this room because for the life of me I could not tell where the moldy smell was coming from that permeated the entire room. It was so strong that after one night I woke up in a coughing fit. We went outside and sat by the very lovely pool. ( There is no spa tub as advertised.) I went to the front desk in the off chance they could move us. Nicole was amazing. She was kind and understanding and put us in another room on main level which was clean, fresh and comfortable. I was so grateful. The very friendly and helpful staff here are older and appear to be veterans of the hospitality industry. The AARP price we got of $89/night was a bargain. My husband and I are very devout Hilton patrons but we will book here again when here next month,

Room Tip: VERY IMPORTANT: When booking here make sure to request room on main level.
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I has been in the hotel for work.the staff weren't nice.the room was smely.in the holway guests left piza leftovers...the price that our company paid for the room was expensive for what we get.the free wifi and parking (ITS NOT A PROBLEM IN MARIETTA)is the only light in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank ofirtal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood
Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/I-75 North
Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill? Share your experiences!