“Nice price for location but has a parking fee”

Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech
Ranked #102 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Detroit, Michigan
“Nice price for location but has a parking fee”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were passing through the Atlanta area on the way to visit family in Florida and choose this location because its close to I75 and Georgia Tech. The hotel was great for the stay over and meeting the sister-in-law and her professor boyfriend who attended a near by football game.
The rooms are a bit smaller than Courtyards I have stayed at in the past but it did have adequate space, a mini fridge, couch, and a flat screen TV. Our room 314 had a nice but small balcony and a city view to the right (see picture).
The staff was pleasant and was able to accommodate our arriving early - even on a football Saturday. However, like many centrally located properties this one charges $20.00 for parking.
Overall the rooms were clean and this was a pleasant experience. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2013
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown family. I’m glad you enjoyed our location that is very accessible to downtown Atlanta, Georgia Tech, local restaurants and shopping, easy interstate access and within walking distance to Atlantic Station. All hotels in Atlanta Midtown/Downtown area charge for parking, Courtyard has the lowest parking rate. I happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and will return to Courtyard Atlanta Midtown. Thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Lori

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times for work being that I have business in Midtown and the check in has been quick, room choices and upgrades available for Marriott members. My last stay the customer service upon check out was slow but that has been the only unpleasant experience.
Positive: Tim the shuttle driver in evenings, he is always friendly and willing to take you to dinner or CVS or wherever. He is great at picking you up as well to bring you back to the hotel at night until 10pm. This allows me to enjoy some dinner and know that I will make it back safe and without the hassle of driving.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown and commenting on your experience. I apologize for the slow check-in and will share your comment with my staff for future improvement. As well as share your positive comment with Tim the shuttle driver. Thank you for choosing Courtyard Atlanta Midtown and hope you will visit hotel again in the near future,

Ocoee, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here one night for a wedding. Hotel was great, room was great, got a good nights sleep. Central to most everything we needed. Parking is average, $20 for the night, but that is what everybody charges. Will definitely stay again when/if I go back to ATL.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a positive comment regarding your stay at the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown hotel. I’m happy you enjoyed the hotel room and was able to get a good night sleep as well as enjoyed the location of hotel that is accessible to downtown Atlanta, local restaurants and shopping. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs and hope you will visit hotel again.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed September 24, 2013

this hotel is strategically located in he GA tech Campus in midtown. overseeing the highway.a
I chose this hotel during my visit to GA Tech. The room was clean and good with all amenities in place. the staff was courteous and my check in was done quite fast.
the bed was comfortable for a good night sleep. the hotel has a star bucks which is a big plus.
the rooms pricing was good for the facilities provided.

Very convenient and good recommendation for anyone visiting GA tech or some of close by office complexes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking time to recommend the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown. Our location is very accessible to downtown Atlanta, Georgia Tech, local restaurants and shopping, easy interstate access and within walking distance to Atlantic Station. It’s always a pleasure to hear positive comments regarding staff as well as experiencing a quick check-in. I will share your comments with the hotel associates. The Bistro with Starbucks is a big plus for hotel where guests can enjoy Starbucks, breakfast or relax at night with dinner/drinks.
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs and hope you will visit again!
Best regards,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Courtyards normally get a 3 or 4, but this one falls a bit short for various reasons. First though, customer service has been good here and the rooms are ok. Marriott is charging 20-30 dollars a night for parking and you pretty much need a car here because it is about .7 miles to the Marta... However there are no access to the side walks on the property. The coffee in the rooms of a Courtyard has always been pretty basic since they only have 2 packs of powdered creamer and a choice of the old pink diet sweeteners or Sugar.. No modern sweeteners that might have a less chemical taste. Thus the best you can manage is maybe 6 ounces of bad coffee. That would be OK at a lot of Courtyards because of the free coffee in the lobby has been good,,, But what... No free coffee in the lobby here. There is a 15 minute wait in line to get a crappy cup of Starbucks (Because they can charge for it) . I don't mind the cost, but I do mind the coffee and I can not wait that long for a coffee. I will be cancelling my future stays here and finding another hotel. On top of that restocking the room was spotty. Sometimes the coffee accessories get replaced, sometimes not. Same with the shampoo. Finally, the carpet in the room could have used a good shampooing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. All hotels in Atlanta Midtown/Downtown area charge for parking, however, Courtyard has the lowest parking rate and offers a great, accessible location near downtown, Georgia Tech and Atlantic Station. Please accept my apology for the slow service you experienced at the Bistro. I will share your comment with my management team to ensure staffing is appropriate for future business needs. Also thank you for your comment regarding the coffee and condiment options found in guestrooms, I will share your comment with corporate for a possible future change. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs and please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Lori

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The front desk was entirely unprofessional and impersonal. They forgot to give me a parking pass upon check in and when I came to pick it up the next morning I received no apology and an attitude. The front desk is not knowledgable at all about the location that they are employed at. They had no idea which side my room was facing and did not inform me about the hotel's amenities at all. I had to figure it out myself. Every time I walked passed the desk they were either chatting away and ignoring guests or being rude to guests.

The hotel is a very nice hotel and the rooms were excellent and very clean. The location was perfect for all the bistros and restaurants we went to and the Georgia Aquarium. i would love to come back and stay at this location but am seriously reconsidering because of the poor service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and feedback on your stay at our hotel. Thank you for informing me about the parking pass incident as well as the associate not knowing Midtown area and hotel room knowledge. I sincerely apologize for the lack of service that was provided. I will utilize this information to retrain my associates so they recognize the importance of knowing area, room location and issuing a parking pass to all guests. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs and please let me know if I can be of assistance in future.

South Carolina
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Newer property. The rooms are a little small. Ours had a king with a small sofa ( pulled into a single bed - not a double). Breakfast was actually tasty and a good portion. $20 to park. Lots of parking. Convenient to Tech and hotel rus a shuttle. The Hampton Inn is much closer to campus - so consider that if it is important to you. The interstate noise is quite noticeable from all rooms.

Stayed September 2013
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and feedback on your stay with us at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown. I apologize if the room size was a little small for your stay, I will share your comment regarding rooms size with the Owners for consideration during the next hotel renovation. I’m happy you enjoyed breakfast in the Bistro and will share your comment with the associates. I apologize for the noises you experienced. Our location is very accessible to downtown Atlanta, Georgia Tech, local restaurants and shopping. However, the downside of having easy access to these great locations is that we are located directly off the Interstate which can lead to outside noises.
Again, thank you for your feedback and hope you will visit again soon!