“Good site for business”

Ranked #103 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Good site for business”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is located right near the main downtown connector road, but you do not get the road noise in the hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful, Rooms are functional & are kept nice and clean,

The bar area is more akin to a small cafe/diner with a limited array of foods on the menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner, good if you cannot be bothered going out,

Walk over the bridge and up into town past the Midtown Marriot for the bars and restaurants. The Silver Skillet is just around the corner if you cut across the grass, if you want that American south breakfast (was on Diners, drive ins & dives program).

They have a snack section near the reception where you can get your fill of late night food stuffs when the munchies strike.

My only qualm was that the AC unit. It is down by the floor near the window & happens to be right next to the desk so its blowing on you if you are trying to do some late night email work. It works very well though so room was cool / cold (was unseasonally wet when I stayed).

Has a large car park which is chargeable though I did not need to use it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown. Our location is very accessible to downtown Atlanta, Georgia Tech, and within walking distance to Atlantic Station with shopping and restaurant options, I’m glad the road noise wasn’t an obstacle during your stay. It’s always great to hear positive comments regarding hotel staff; I will share your comments with associates. I will also discuss the HVAC comment with the owner for consideration during the next hotel renovation. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs and hope you will visit again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed to attend my Nephew's DCI performance at the Georgia Dome. Location was Awesome for everywhere i went. Room was very comfy. Timothy at the Front Desk recommended an Amazing little breakfast spot that we enjoyed the Best Chicken n Waffles I hav ever had!!! We will now go there when we visit again!! :-)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank mica530
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Mica530,
Thank you for your recent review and feedback on your stay with Courtyard Atlanta Midtown. I’m glad you enjoyed the hotels location as well as Tim’s breakfast recommendation. It’s always great to hear positive comments regarding Hotel associates; I will pass on your comment to Tim. Again thank you for your feedback and hope you will visit hotel again very soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was able to get a great rate on this hotel so that I could get to the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th. The location was not bad, I mean it was a few blocks away from the Marta Station. However, there were not any food places that I liked within walking distance and the traffic was horrible. The hotel does have a food court but I wanted pasta that they did not have so I ended up settling for a sandwich which was not bad. The internet was free which is a huge plus, the bed was comfortable and the hotel was clean. Also, I would like to commend the staff as they were friendly and helpful. My main issue is that the walls were a little thin so i could tell that my neighbor slept with the TV on. But for the price in comparison to similar hotels nearby, I could not complain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your review about our hotel. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the staff was friendly and helpful. I will pass on your comments to my team. I apologize you were able to hear your neighbor through the walls and will raise this concern during our next renovation.
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown and we look forward to your return.
Valrico, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights for work.

Room was a typical Marriott room. It was clean and had the typical stuff. Good location in midtown. The also have a shuttle to take you around the area. Quite a few restaurants and some shopping within walking distance. The staff were all very friendly. There is a Starbucks and bistro in the lobby.

Biggest complaint is the noise. I could here the tv and people in the rooms next to me. I could here traffic all night because it is adjacent to the highway. In addition the air conditioning was really noisy.

Other than the noise not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I’m pleased the hotel met your needs and you enjoyed the hotel location, shuttle and the staff was friendly . My team is always excited to hear great comments from our guests. I apologize for the noises you experienced. Our location is very accessible to downtown Atlanta, Georgia Tech, local restaurants and shopping. However, the downside of having easy access to these great locations is that we are located directly off of the Interstate which can lead to outside noises. Thank you for choosing Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs!
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for an event adjacent to the Courtyard this weekend. Staff attentive, but poor sound insulation in the room, and bed needs updating (get with the upgrade program!). New lobby update is nice...hope the rooms are next.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a good hotel for your stay in Atlanta. Staff is helpful, location is great for downtown activities and everything has been recently renovated. It is however a typical Courtyard which consistency is good when you need a hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding. The staff were very friendly to both myself and family members during our stay. The grounds are well kept and enjoyed sitting outside in the courtyard.
The rooms were quiet and clean. They have a nice shuttle service but it was not available over the weekend and there is only 1 restaurant (other than the hotel) within walking distance so I would recommend having a car if you plan to stay on the weekend.
Parking is very adequate but a bit pricy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family