Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech
Ranked #104 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 4, 2008

We stay in alot of Courtyards. This was the worst hotel experience we have ever had. It was a very cold night and the room had no heat. We reported this when we checked in at 4:00 PM,staff came to the room and said it would be fixed by the time we returned that evening. It was not fixed when we returned at 1:00 AM. We had to call 3 more times to get someone to the room. Each time we were given excuses like they forgot which room it was, there was nobody there but the desk clerk and bartender. It was finally fixed after 2:00 AM and only needed a fuse. We were never offered another room or extra blankets, and it took 2 discussions at the desk to get the bill reduced by $60.00. There was not enough parking. We were told to park on the street and remove everything from our car. The room size and cleanliness were fine.

Stayed: December 2007

Reviewed May 28, 2007

Good hotel in a good location. Nice outdoor pool, great indoor spa. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms spacious and clean.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2007

I stayed at this Courtyard for one night between Christmas and New Year's. I got a great rate and the room is exactly what I expected when booking with Courtyard - clean and well sized with courteous staff.

I stayed at this hotel because it was within walking distance of the High Museam of Art...took about 15 minutes to walk there.

I also was in town to visit the Aquarium, the Olympic Park and the CNN Center, etc...That area is about a 10 minute drive from this Courtyard if you know what you are doing. If you are unfamiliar with Atlanta and are visiting the Olympic Park/Aquarium area, you might want to stay in that area instead of at this hotel. Driving in the city is a bit confusing and what should have been a 10 minute drive from the hotel took me about 45 minutes.

But, the hotel was nice, as usual with Courtyard's by Marriott. It's a good value and the free parking is hard to beat. I plan to stay there again next year when I go back to the High.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank maacker
Reviewed December 14, 2006

Stayed here while attending a class at GT November 13-16 2006. Super convenient to the campus and free parking (hard to find in Atlanta). Staff was freindly and greeted me everytime I entered the lobby. Hotel is in great shape, room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was good, a little pricey, but to be expected in metro area. Room was a little warm, air conditioning would only come on for a few minutes and then cut off. I did not complain, just opened the window for cool fresh air. I stayed in a room next to the interstate and could hear traffic noise, which didn't bother me too much. If this is a problem, request something away from the interstate.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2006

Excellent value. The hotel staff was the most courteous peopel I have ever dealt with.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2006

This hotel is great for people who are driving to Atlanta. It is right off of I75/85 and it has free parking. I thought the parking lot felt very secure and I saw no suspicious characters as mentioned in other reviews. Check-in was fast and courteous. Room was spacious and quiet with a very comfortable king bed. Vanity area is a bit small and one must move away from the sink if someone else is trying to enter or exit the bathroom. We felt comfortable walking the few blocks to the more happening areas of midtown, but a cab ride would be cheap. All and all a great deal for the $50 priceline rate I got.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank timer13
A TripAdvisor Member
South Carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2006

My church group was in Atlanta for a Braves game in April and we chose to stay at the Courtyard. It was very close to the Turner Field and within our budget. I had read reviews about this hotel that was not too good, but decided to stay anyway. When we arrived, the front desk clerks were very friendly and very helpful. Her name was Ebonique and she was a darling. We were running late and she gave us some pointers on where to eat and how to get to the stadium. Now be aware - if you do not know how to get to the stadium and you ask for directions - pray you get the correct ones. People in
Atlanta don't seem to know where Turner Field is - go figure! When we finally figured to take the train to five points, go through the Underground to the Shuttle stop, take the shuttle to the field, we were okay. One other thing, they charge $2.25 to go to the Stadium and $4.50 to come back. That seems like stealing to me. They know you have to get back so they jack the prices up! Anyway... When we finally retuned to the rooms, they were wonderful. Very clean, very pretty, clean linens, the whole works. We got up to check out the next morning and they had a buffet breakfast. It was $9.95 per person, but I promise you it was WELL worth it. The waiter was very friendly, very helpful. If there was a certain way you wanted your eggs, they would cook it for you. This hotel was top notch. The morning clerk was Ebonique again and she gave me information on returning trips. I plan to return very soon.

• Stayed: April 2006