“An Okay Marriott Courtyard”

Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory
Ranked #102 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I recently stayed in this property for four nights in April to visit friends in the area. While the hotel appears to have been recently renovated, the grounds looked like they needed more attention. Entrances and exits looked tired and in need of new doors. The main problem that I experienced with the hotel was the noise from both a student group staying in the hotel for one of the nights as well as the noise from the interstate. The property sits right on the side of I-85 and you hear the traffic 24-hours a day. My room was on the side of the hotel, I can't imagine the noise if you were in a room at the back of the hotel. The property is also tucked into an executive park and not close to any restaurants. My GPS had a hard time finding the hotel at all. Thankfully I had a general idea of the location and was able to find. The bathroom sink was also very slow to drain.

Room Tip: Request a room near the front of the hotel and not facing toward the interstate...this should help w...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
702Caridad, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Greetings Capitolman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory.

Your concerns are valuable to us as our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I told you I'd stay there again and I did. Another visit with friendly staff (Tracy) greeting us on our arrival, a clean room, and a comfortable stay. Thanks guys. The food bar is decent and staff is friendly there as well

Room Tip: I've stayed on all floors with how many times I've stayed. I was able to get a courtyard vie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
702Caridad, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Cavedog117,

We are pleased to here you have stayed here in the past and had a pleasant stay. We looking forward to seeing you again. We appreciate the comments left for the staff and will be sure to pass that on to them.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I felt the hotel for 239 per night was very overpriced. I think that as a Marriott Platinum I should have been offered complimentary breakfast to make up for the lack of an executive lounge, the hotel has a great location with friendly staff, the rooms could use some updating.

Stayed: May 2014

Greetings Carlos F,

My apologies for the lack amentities while you were here. I hope in the near future we can provide you with more than expected.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

The hotel was clean, beautiful grounds. The staff was very friendly but not very helpful with directions, thank God for GPS. There are plenty of food places within walking distances and easy access to the interstate. It took us less than 15 minutes to get to downtown Atlanta. My room was clean and my bed was very comfortable. We did not get the breakfast package, however there is a McDonalds across the street. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

4msalice,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear your stay with us was enjoyable and we will work to make sure directions are provided more thorough for yor next visit. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Having stayed in hotels from CT to Miami in the last 6 months.. when I find a good one I come back over and over.. yes the traffic noise outside the hotel is lil loud.. inside unless you have better hearing than I do is not even noticeable.. I have stayed here for last 4 weeks, going home weekends.. traffic is a nightmare in ATL .. but access to Piedmont Rd, and Norcross without having to hit interstate traffic is a large plus for me.. The staff here has been top notch except the grumpy cafe bartender evenings.. she could use a attitude check.. but the other staff is the best.. The only thing I would change here is wired connection for net in rooms not just wireless.
Keep up the good work ..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear nrgeek,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay. I'm glad to hear the hotel is able to accomodate your needs. I apologize that every one of our staff members hasn't been stellar. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Please feel free to contact us while you are here if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

See you Soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel is nice - beautiful grounds. The reception staff friendly and helpful. My room was clean and quiet and nicely appointed. A single cup coffee maker was quite adequate to make a cup of tea with the tea bags I brought (anticipating only coffee was in the room which was true). The bed was VERY comfortable. The breakfast which was free with my government rate was excellent - I had the "Healthy Start Sandwich" which was egg whites that were NOT rubbery and smoked turkey with a few greens and tomatoes with Gouda cheese melted on each English muffin. I intended to eat just half, but ate the whole thing! Saved calories later on lunch. I will stay again on future trips to Emory.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
702Caridad, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Patricia C,

Thank you for your comments. I'm pleased to know your enjoy your stay with us and our breakfast, staff and service met your travel needs! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thanks again!

Caridad Rojas

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Clean and comfortable, albeit the bedrooms were a bit small. Right by the freeway and one can hear the noise so bring ear plugs. Comfortable bed and flat screen tv. Absolutely the best desk chair, if you have to work and free internet is included. Free parking but no free breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank toomuchfunnow

Dear Peruvianmermaid,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I apologize we didn't exceed your expectations and hope in the future we can accommodate your needs to your liking.

Hope to see you soon!
Caridad Rojas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills
Hampton Inn Atlanta - North Druid Hills
La Quinta Inn Atlanta Midtown/Buckhead
Emory Conference Center Hotel
Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area
Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory? Share your experiences!