“Good value and just 15mins North of downtown Atlanta” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #109 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good value and just 15mins North of downtown Atlanta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

North of Downtown. Right off of the I-285 W bypass in Sandy Springs just north of the Buckhead area which is 10mins from downtown...The thing i liked was you can avoid all the nightmare traffic of all the Interstates by just driving south on Roswell Ave (hwy 19) to downtown...

Alittle older hotel but well maintained with some nice upgrades too though the room was alittle small but plenty of room for me and bed was fine!!! Micro and refrig too...

If you wanted to stay on the north end of Atlanta this is fine and would recommend it...Just remember to stay OUT of rush hour...

Room Tip: Ask what size is the room in general. Even though I was right there by the elevator i heard no noise...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ralphpacejr1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
BLOOMINGTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I would not stay here again. The front desk was rude at checkin and did not acknowledge that I was a Diamond Member. The room was so small I'd have to say it was the smallest I've ever stayed in. I asked for an upgrade and Mark told me no, he was not autherized to do that. I bumped my elbow on the soap dish in shower when I turned around in the shower. I bumped my knee on the bathroom door when sitting on the toilet. My feet extended a foot past the end of the queen bed and I am only 5'11" tall. I felt like I was staying in a doll house.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank James W
Canton, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I actually live in the North Atlanta area but had to take a course down here. I checked and this was the closest hotel to the training center. It is in a very good location for Atlanta and Buckhead, however I was very surprised at how negelected the building is. This is an upstanding area of Atlanta and I expected the hotel to be up to the standards of this location. I also had problems with my entrance keys. This was extremely aggravating!! The staff are away from the front desk alot and I had to hunt them down to get into my room on two occasions. If you are only needing a place to stay for convience and do not plan to stay more that a night or two, this is alright. If you are particular about nice decor, stay away. I don't think the decor has been updated in ten years!! Not up to the standards of other Comfort Inns that I have stayed at in other areas!!

Room Tip: If you can sleep in a queen, instead of king, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel away from...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mysamdog
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I am sorry, but the only thing good that I can say about this hotel is that everyone of the staff that we dealt with were exceptionally nice. Everyone had a smile on their faces and were so friendly. They were a pleasure to do business with. But....

Unless this is the only hotel that you can find a room at, don't go there. It needs some major renewing. The carpets in the hallway on the 3rd floor had several bear spots and several "patches". Besides being fairly dirty. All the carpets need replacing. Our room air conditioner was falling away from the wall. The wall around the a/c was in bad shape. It looked like it had gotten wet at one time and all they did to fix it was just to paint over it. The carpet was in bad need of a shampooing. The shower curtain rod was falling off the wall. The shower curtain would only cover the middle portion of the rod as the rod was leaning so far down that the curtain wouldn't stay in place, just kept falling to the middle.

I had been sick all day during our drive to Atlanta and if I had felt even the least bit better, we would have checked out and looked for a better place.

The breakfast... humm... what can I say. Well, I can say that we got in the car and bought breakfast somewhere else.

We normally stay at the Comfort Suites on Peachtree/Dunwoody when we go up for these meetings, but they were all booked. If we run into this problem again, will not choose this hotel no matter what.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sugar Hill
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Upon arrival I was informed that I would have an upgrade to a King Size bed. I told the desk clerk that we did not want a king size bed, that was why I reserved a queen. He then informed me that it was impossible for us to have a queen room because a "group" reserved a group of rooms and they wanted queens. I suggested he give one of them an"update" he said no with an attitude. When we arrived in our room and spoke to the housekeeper we discovered all the Queen rooms were on the side away from the four lane highway. All the kings were right on the highway and all the noise. So our "upgrade " was really a "downgrade" Our four day stay turned into a one night stay and our car windows were smashed during the night and the camera on my car was not working.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Construction on Roswell Road (end of October) makes access somewhat difficult. Hotel is a bit dated but it is clean. Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful, bed was comfortable, bathroom clean. We thought our room key had not been programmed, turned out a staff member comes up and shows you how to wiggle the card to make it work. Nice small pool area with patio furniture. Parking lot is not large enough for number of rooms... you can park "down the hill" where it is dark or spill over into the restaurant lot next door. Inexpensive rate in Atlanta area if you're on a budget and looking for a bed for the night. The actual rating should be between average and poor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the far side from the beltway. Trucks and heavy traffic all night long woke me up...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center
Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta
Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta
#53 of 177 in Atlanta
4.0 of 5 stars 294 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Buckhead North? Share your experiences!