“A disapointment”

Ranked #14 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
florida
“A disapointment”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We chose this hotel because it is very close to the High Art Museum. That is it's best attribute. The room was ok, a very strange "kitchenette"-a sink, but no microwave, no utensils,no way to open a wine bottle. Why bother with cabinets and counter? Do not depend on the staff-we asked for a cab 1.5 hours ahead-and no cab. They couldn't have cared less-"cabs are late in Atlanta" .They could not give us directions to the #1 restaurant in Atlanta when we had to resort to our car. Hooray for GPS! The cool bar and outdoor area were right out our window and throbbing club music was still going on at 3 a.m. on Sat. night. A shirt vanished from our friend's room...very strange.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Dear flagirl 30,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am terribly sorry that you did not have a good experience with us at the Artmore. We strive to ensure that all of our guests have a good experience, and we clearly failed in your case. We would love the opportunity to make this up to you. Please contact me at your convenience so I can ask for some more details, and your contact information. Thanks again,

Michael Halpner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Greek first
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Thank you, Artmore Hotel and staff for a wonderful stay on February 05. The room was perfect, the service was amazing, and the staff was wonderful. Thank you for providing a magnificent setting for a great birthday celebration weekend. The continued attention to detail is why the Artmore is the only place we will stay in Atlanta.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you lwood3399 AGAIN! for taking the time to write another review about your most recent stay. We love having you guys have fans of the Artmore, and are so happy that the Artmore is your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best,

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I honestly could write a laundry list of things that I did not like about this hotel. However, I know that management takes a great deal of interest in what the reviewers write so I want to focus on some of the positives.

Every employee of the hotel that we encountered, from valet to bar staff to management was very friendly and helpful. The Studio Bar area and adjacent courtyard are very nicely designed, a nice combination of modern and contemporary decor.
Additionally, this hotel was located very close to everything we wanted to experience from the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra to the Georgia aquarium. The train station was directly across the street. The train can take you to almost any place you want to go in Atlanta while avoiding the hassle of Atlanta traffic.
As far as the negatives of this hotel goes, I'll just say that I personally was not comfortable there. The bed was not comfortable, or should I say sofa bed that we ended up sleeping on due our requested suite not being available.

The list goes on and on about what I was unimpressed with but, what it really boils down to is that I was dissappointed because the two bedroom suite w/ kitchen that we reserved was unavailable due to reasons out of the control of managment.

On the other hand, it may have be that since I've stayed at other boutique hotels in the past and I was expecting something completely different.

I normally wouldn't pay and stay someplace that is not comfortable to ME, but the accomodating staff and location made it bearable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Dear CestLavie414,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so sorry that we dissapointed you. We really strive to make sure all of our guests are delighted, and clearly we failed to do so in this case. I would love to find out what happened in detail. I would also like to show you that we are not a mediocre hotel. If you could contact me, I would appreciate it, as I would love the opportunity to make this right.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 21, 2011

This was my first stay at this hotel but certainly will not be my last. I found the hotel to be very artistic in design and the service was impeccable. My room had an alarm clock suited for my iPod which I thoroughly enjoyed. A minor initial downside was the elevator was not easy to locate (this I'm sure had to do with the original design and intended use of the building). Several great restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for someone visiting Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Dear Bluesgirl23,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review of the Artmore. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you also liked how artistic the hotel feels! I am also happy that you got to use the very convenient ipod docking station. I love it as well! I am looking forward to sharing your review with our entire team. Please consider the Artmore your home away from home in Atlanta, and hurry back!

Cincinnati
Reviewed February 18, 2011

The room was nice looking and clean. Staff was fantastic and friendly. Location perfect for my needs. However, there were a few things that, as a business traveler, would have liked to have seen better. First, there was no desk in my room to set up a laptop. With only two small endtables with a lamp, a dresser and a bed, I ended up doing the work in my bed. Second, the walls and doors are very thin. The individuals in the unit next to me were rather loud until 1-1:30am. Would have been nice to get those extra 2 hours sleep. If you are a business traveler, confirm that there is an actual desk in your room before you go to your room or when booking (the room I booked was supposed to have a desk).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Dear Cincybearcatfan,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. It is important to us to receive feedback, both positive and negative, as we are always striving to make sure our guests leave us as "fans" of the Artmore. I am so glad that overall, you liked the hotel and our team. I am unsure why you received a room without a desk, as most of our rooms do have them. I apologize for this. We should have ensured that you received the type of room you were expecting. Please contact me directly when you are thinking of coming back so I can get you a great rate, and make sure that you are more than happy. Thanks again.

Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Love the Artmore!! Will definately return!!!! The rooms were clean as well as the hotel in general. Love the courtyard at night with the fire going and the blankets provided on the couches!!

Dear Marylzbth,

Thank so much for taking the time to share your experience of your time at Artmore Hotel. I am so glad that you had a great stay with us, and I look forward to sharing this with our team. I am so so happy that you discovered our amazing courtyard. It is truly a unique setting. Thanks again, and please hurry back.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We had a great Valentine's Day weekend at the Artmore. They were great with service, very personable. They felt like a small boutique with the service.. Not like a large chain.

Whit & Kathy

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Dear Whitsound,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad that you got to experience Valentine's weekend with us, and that it was a memorable experience for you. I look forward to sharing this review with our team. Thanks again, and please come back soon!