“Wonderful "home away from home"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #17 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wonderful "home away from home"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

Great place to stay with wonderful staff. We would highly recommend the Artmore. We, including our dog, Sofie, stayed 5 days . We had a great time and Sofie loved the biscuits and smiles she got from everyone. I liked the large grassy area across the street for Sofie.
Our room was comfortable and clean with stylish appointments. We were on the top floor with 3 skylights making a bright and cheerful mood to our sleeping area.
The courtyard was real treat with plenty of room. Finally, I have to mention the helpful, friendly, and professional manner of each staff member I encountered. Another plus is that the High Museum is walking distance.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2010
Dear Noisefield,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you experience at the Artmore. I am so glad that you and Sophie had a great time here! We love our four legged furry friends, and will always welcome them with a scratch behind the ears, and a nice long belly rub. I am also glad that you found our people to be friendly, and that you enjoyed staying in one of our large loft rooms. They are truly something you can't find at every hotel. Please hurry back soon with Sophie...we will have more treats waiting for her!

Michael Halpner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I have been to this hotel years ago when it was called the Best Western Granada. At that time I thought the hotel was ok - but, not anything to write home about. But, what I did like about the hotel was the proximity to every place I was wanting to visit in Atlanta.

So, this past weekend my friends and I were about to head back to Atlanta and did a Priceline request and ended up way far away from where we really wanted to be. So, we just took taxi's all over town - 30+ dollars each time we took the taxi to or from the hotel. So, after frustration and some unavoidable situations we left that hotel and were looking for a new place to stay. So, I remembered the Granada and looked it up and found that they had renovated the hotel the rooms so - we checked out of our hotel and into the newly name "Artmore" hotel.

We pull up to the hotel and it had an old, familar look on the outside - but that is where it ended. We were greeted promptly at the front desk by a friendly woman who got us a great rate for the night.

We go to our room and are impressed by the beds and decor of the room. The bed and linens were super comfortable and the shower was great. It did take us a little time to figure out the knob on the shower, however. It seems its on backwards from the printed temperatures (hot was cold, cold was hot). Whatever - not a big deal. We had more than 2 brain cells to rub together so it didn't take long to figure out. And I thought about shoving a towel in my luggage before leaving - they were very fluffy and lovely. Better than my towels at home. The best part of the shower, to me anyway, was the choice of soap, shampoo, conditioner and body wash they use at the hotel: Aveda. The rosemary mint shampoo and conditioner is the best. I buy it when I have the chance and LOVE that they use it in the hotel.

Also in our room was a mini-bar which was fully stocked not only with drinks of all kinds - both alcoholic and non-alcoholic (Orangina, Diet Coke and water along with all types of mini-liquor bottles). You also had all kinds of snacks available if you needed them. However, the best drinks and food can be had at the full hotel bar. My friend and I had a chicken and cheese quesadilla, a hummus plate along with a very delicious drink they called "The Hollywood". It was very sweet and I couldn't drink it all the time - but still very, very yummy.

Overall - it was a great stay. Awesome staff. They opened doors for you, hurried to call a taxi or pull your car around. They seemed genuinely nice. There are some places I've been in the past and the people feel like they are being nice because they have to be...These people just seemed like nice people.

So, next time you go to Atlanta, whether you stay here or not, consider the cost of transportation. We didn't. While other hotels were cheaper - they weren't as close to everything. After paying for a taxi everywhere we wanted to go - we far exceeded in cost what it would have cost us just to stay at this hotel and walk. You aren't far from Piedmont park and very close to bars, restaurants, clubs, etc - and heck - you have the Marta station across the street so you can go most anywhere you want in Atlanta. Don't believe the hype - the Marta is nice, clean and efficient and not crowded (at least when we went).

It really was a great experience and my only regret is we didn't check in sooner.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dear PuckOTG22,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It sounds like you really go to experience the Artmore, and all of the things we are striving to accomplish. From our friendly staff, comfortable beds and linens, great fluffy towels, Aveda Bath Products, and not to mention our wonderful courtyard and bar complete with our signature cocktails! You nailed it all. I am so glad that you enjoyed everything. Please hurry back for another great Artmore weekend!

Utica, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed at the Artmore when I was dropping my daughter off for her summer program with the Atlanta Ballet. I chose the Artmore because they were offering a discount to the students. Upon arrival at the Artmore we were greeted by someone sitting out front who held the door for us and welcomed us. The old style of the front of the hotel and courtyard (beautiful) belied the very modern interior of the lobby, front desk area, and bar. There were scented candles lit everywhere and an LCD television playing old movies in a well appointed sitting area. Our room (for which we paid only about $100) was upgraded to an amazing two floor suite with a two bedrooms and baths and a full kitchen. There was a personalized note on the bed and cool zebra striped carpeting throughout. The photos of rock and entertainment icons were a fabulous touch as was the ihome alarm clock/docking stations and 3 televisions in the suite. We asked the front desk for recommendations on restaurants they directed us to South City Kitchen which was within walking distance. The MARTA is directly across the street and there is a free shuttle to Atlantic Station nearby as well. For a small additional cost we had a wonderful breakfast which consisted of sausage and biscuits, eggs, and all the usual hotel breakfast fare (still very good and very clean). The service was excellent the whole time we were there and we would stay there again in a heartbeat. Extremely clean, comfortable bed, and fabulous views of the city.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
Dear Miller205,

Thanks so much for your great review of the Artmore. We love our relationship with the Ballet, and I am so glad that you stayed with us. Our two-bedroom suites are pretty unique (not too many hotels in Atlanta have them). I am very happy that you had a positive experience with us, and I am looking forward to sharing this with the entire team. Thanks again, and we look forward to taking care of you when you are back in Atlanta!

Bordentown, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

We stayed at this place last weekend when we went to Atlanta for last Phillies game of the regular baseball season. I booked the room on Last Minute Travel and got a decent rate. However, I booked a one-bedroom suite, and the room we were given (106) was only one room and, as such, didn't seem much like a suite to me. The room, however, was comfortable and attractively decorated. Our room, on the first floor, was near the registration desk, lounge, and a door to the courtyard. There was an incredible amount of noise from people walking down the hall, talking, laughing, yelling, etc. until around midnight. That was on a Saturday night. Things were quieter on Sunday night.

There was a small coffeemaker in the room, but no coffee or condiments. So, on Sunday morning we went to the front desk to ask for some coffee. A few minutes later, the head of housekeeping stopped by the room and said he would bring some coffee. Thirty minutes later, he had not returned, so I went to the front desk and asked for coffee again. The helpful young woman at the desk went off in search of coffee for us. About five minutes later, the head of housekeeping returned with packages of regular and decaf, but no cream or sugar. I asked if he could bring some and he replied that it was in our minibar. But, there was no minibar. There was a microwave and a little refrigerator that leaked, but there was nothing like a minibar in the leaky refrigerator. So, he said he would bring some cream and sugar. No one had brought it after about ten minutes so I was going to drink the coffee black (not a big deal, I realize). About that time the housekeeper knocked on the door, though, and offered some cream and sugar.

The next day we had breakfast (which was fine) at the hotel so we avoided the coffee drama.

When we checked out, they had charged us $6.00 for the regular and decaf coffee. I told them we hadn't used the decaf so the guy at the front desk took it off our bill. There wasn't a sign or notice in our room that indicated there was a charge for the coffee. I've never been charged for it in any hotel I've stayed at before. Again, not a big deal, but just annoying - especially after all the trouble we went to to get the coffee in the first place.

Like other posters on here have said, the place has lots of potential, but needs some tweaking. The hotel is very attractive and has lots of character. It's located in a great part of the city and is easy to get to on MARTA. The staff are pleasant, but the management seems to place little emphasis on customer service.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
Dear Sustramo,
I am so sorry that you had a less than positive experience staying with us. We strive to make sure every one of our guests has a unique and exceptional stay. Clearly in your case, we failed. I do see the mistake we made with the reservation- it should have been a full suite, not the Executive King room you received. Although the room you stayed in is nice, it wasn't what you paid for. All of our rooms have mini-bar refrigerated items, as well as a basked of dry goods on top of the counter area. In the basket is our full price list. I am sorry you didn't find it. Again, I apologize, and I would like to make this up to you. Please contact me so we can make this right.

Best Rgards,

surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for the last two nights of our stay in America and it was wicked, the staff are so friendly and welcoming and recommended such a lovely restaurant. The hotel rooms are spacious and comfortable, also the hotel has a wonderful courtyard and in the evenings they light the fire which is beautiful. The hotel is just across the road from the train station which is so easy to use, also if you buy a train ticket it allows you to travel on the buses aswell which is brilliant, also the shopping in Atlanta is amazing.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Dear Icemonster,
Thanks for your fantastic review of the Artmore. We think you are pretty Wicked yourself! I am very happy that you stayed with us for your last leg of your time in the states, and that you got to experience some of the things that make Atlanta, and the Artmore truly special. Please come back again when you visit our fair city!

Safe Travels!

Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

I've stayed at the Artmore previously, and like it a lot. It is convenient to the Marta (Metro), which is across the street, so it's an easy ride to the airport. It's also one stop from the shuttle bus to Georgia Tech, where I attended a program. It's a rather hip place, decor-wise, and the staff is friendly and it seems well-maintained. The only downside is being on a fairly noisy street. The shower was also a bit tricky in room 327 - a card with instructions would be helpful. There is a small fitness room in the basement and a room where you can print off your boarding pass. One night they had a jazz singer in the courtyard, which is a nice setting.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Dear TheVirginian,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience of your time with us at the Artmore. I am glad that it was more positive than negative, and I would like to share with that we are taking steps to deal with the noise. We will be replacing all of the windows to new, sound proofing windows. We are starting with all of the courtyard rooms in December, and will do the other rooms starting early 2011. I apologize that it negatively impacted your stay this time, and that the shower was a little hard to figure out. Please let me know when you are planning to come back to Atlanta, so we can get you a great room at a great rate.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

The hotel was right across from the MARTA which made it extremely convenient. The place appeared to have been renovated over the past few years and it felt like the W hotel meets The Comfort Inn. The fire pit in the courtyard made a nice touch for our group to enjoy after hours.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks Skottr for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate you staying with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and got to experience the courtyard at night, which is truly unique. We are proud that the Artmore is an authentic independent boutique hotel! Please come back again soon!