“Little things add up to a not-so-great experience”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #14 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We stayed at this place last weekend when we went to Atlanta for last Phillies game of the regular baseball season. I booked the room on Last Minute Travel and got a decent rate. However, I booked a one-bedroom suite, and the room we were given (106) was only one room and, as such, didn't seem much like a suite to me. The room, however, was comfortable and attractively decorated. Our room, on the first floor, was near the registration desk, lounge, and a door to the courtyard. There was an incredible amount of noise from people walking down the hall, talking, laughing, yelling, etc. until around midnight. That was on a Saturday night. Things were quieter on Sunday night.

There was a small coffeemaker in the room, but no coffee or condiments. So, on Sunday morning we went to the front desk to ask for some coffee. A few minutes later, the head of housekeeping stopped by the room and said he would bring some coffee. Thirty minutes later, he had not returned, so I went to the front desk and asked for coffee again. The helpful young woman at the desk went off in search of coffee for us. About five minutes later, the head of housekeeping returned with packages of regular and decaf, but no cream or sugar. I asked if he could bring some and he replied that it was in our minibar. But, there was no minibar. There was a microwave and a little refrigerator that leaked, but there was nothing like a minibar in the leaky refrigerator. So, he said he would bring some cream and sugar. No one had brought it after about ten minutes so I was going to drink the coffee black (not a big deal, I realize). About that time the housekeeper knocked on the door, though, and offered some cream and sugar.

The next day we had breakfast (which was fine) at the hotel so we avoided the coffee drama.

When we checked out, they had charged us $6.00 for the regular and decaf coffee. I told them we hadn't used the decaf so the guy at the front desk took it off our bill. There wasn't a sign or notice in our room that indicated there was a charge for the coffee. I've never been charged for it in any hotel I've stayed at before. Again, not a big deal, but just annoying - especially after all the trouble we went to to get the coffee in the first place.

Like other posters on here have said, the place has lots of potential, but needs some tweaking. The hotel is very attractive and has lots of character. It's located in a great part of the city and is easy to get to on MARTA. The staff are pleasant, but the management seems to place little emphasis on customer service.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2010

Dear Sustramo,
I am so sorry that you had a less than positive experience staying with us. We strive to make sure every one of our guests has a unique and exceptional stay. Clearly in your case, we failed. I do see the mistake we made with the reservation- it should have been a full suite, not the Executive King room you received. Although the room you stayed in is nice, it wasn't what you paid for. All of our rooms have mini-bar refrigerated items, as well as a basked of dry goods on top of the counter area. In the basket is our full price list. I am sorry you didn't find it. Again, I apologize, and I would like to make this up to you. Please contact me so we can make this right.

Best Rgards,

There are newer reviews for Artmore Hotel

Reviewed October 4, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for the last two nights of our stay in America and it was wicked, the staff are so friendly and welcoming and recommended such a lovely restaurant. The hotel rooms are spacious and comfortable, also the hotel has a wonderful courtyard and in the evenings they light the fire which is beautiful. The hotel is just across the road from the train station which is so easy to use, also if you buy a train ticket it allows you to travel on the buses aswell which is brilliant, also the shopping in Atlanta is amazing.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

Dear Icemonster,
Thanks for your fantastic review of the Artmore. We think you are pretty Wicked yourself! I am very happy that you stayed with us for your last leg of your time in the states, and that you got to experience some of the things that make Atlanta, and the Artmore truly special. Please come back again when you visit our fair city!

Safe Travels!

Reviewed October 3, 2010

I've stayed at the Artmore previously, and like it a lot. It is convenient to the Marta (Metro), which is across the street, so it's an easy ride to the airport. It's also one stop from the shuttle bus to Georgia Tech, where I attended a program. It's a rather hip place, decor-wise, and the staff is friendly and it seems well-maintained. The only downside is being on a fairly noisy street. The shower was also a bit tricky in room 327 - a card with instructions would be helpful. There is a small fitness room in the basement and a room where you can print off your boarding pass. One night they had a jazz singer in the courtyard, which is a nice setting.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo

Dear TheVirginian,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience of your time with us at the Artmore. I am glad that it was more positive than negative, and I would like to share with that we are taking steps to deal with the noise. We will be replacing all of the windows to new, sound proofing windows. We are starting with all of the courtyard rooms in December, and will do the other rooms starting early 2011. I apologize that it negatively impacted your stay this time, and that the shower was a little hard to figure out. Please let me know when you are planning to come back to Atlanta, so we can get you a great room at a great rate.

Reviewed October 2, 2010

The hotel was right across from the MARTA which made it extremely convenient. The place appeared to have been renovated over the past few years and it felt like the W hotel meets The Comfort Inn. The fire pit in the courtyard made a nice touch for our group to enjoy after hours.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Thanks Skottr for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate you staying with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and got to experience the courtyard at night, which is truly unique. We are proud that the Artmore is an authentic independent boutique hotel! Please come back again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2010

We recently spent 3 nights at the Artmore to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The courtyard was a wonderful spot to comfortably relax and unwind. The on site breakfast was convenient, quick and inexpensive.(The biscuits were to die for!) The transportation couldn't have been more convenient, with a MARTA station steps away, and a free bus to the shopping/restaurant district very close by. Highly recommend this hotel!

Dear MaryKayOntario,

Thanks so much for staying with us for your 25th Anniversary!! Congratulations! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you got to experience many of the things that make the Artmore a unique hotel. Please come back soon, and we will make you some extra biscuits! We want to see you EVERY anniverary!

Reviewed September 20, 2010

FIRST, I would like to say that the ArtMore Courtyard and Hip Lobby is breathe taking, the staff is nice yet not well equipt for volumes of guests at one time. The organitation isnt what it would seem to be as an UP_SCALE hotel. the Art More would seem to be a Club hotel catered to the Entertainment Industry! the atmosphere isnt family orientated, and most of all the price package isn't worth the stay! There isnt any room services after certain hours, the bar closes a tad bid early, the parking is ridiculous and at night seems to be under staffed for vallee. This place is not organized . I had the privilage to be staying at the Art More just this past Sept 7-8th and was very disappointed with my stay. I was not informed of the hotel bookings of guest for a special event were my room was directly next to the only elevator in the hotel. the coming and going of traffic was very disappointing to say the least. If you are a smoker the courtyard had a couple mice and homeless people begging for cigarettes and money plus the loudness of the other guests in the courtyard is the most disturbing at a hotel that I ever experienced. if you should visit or stay at the Art More do not drive, the AM is located in a prime location yet not for one with an automobile. Like I said the AM is for a younger crowd or Entertainment Industry. or to host Business related meetings for the look to impress clients only. The internet is horrible, instead of relaxing in my room to do work with my computer I had to take the tour to the business center where my key didnt work and had to go back to the front desk to get another, where I was told that I needed ID! so off to my room where my key didnt work there either. Its close to 1:30am I have reports to get done for the next day and here i am going back and forth about a key. By This Time Im upset with the whole stay. when I came back to the front desk another AM employee made me a key walked me to my room suggested to bring laptop to business center and he would figure away to use my own laptop without the hastles of worrying about extra emails to private accounts. WOW!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2010

Dear travellight004,
Thanks for taking the time to write this review, and for sharing your experience of your stay at the Artmore. I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. I would like to respond to a few things, and would love to get into more detail with you privately. I would like to let you know that yes, you were here over a couple of days that were more for pleasure, and not for business. We host a four day music event every September that takes place at a venue a block away from us. Attendees of this festival make up about 80% of our guests over this period, and I sincerely apologize that it made your stay uncomfortable. Additionally, you will find that the Artmore is a great place to stay for business as well. One of the initiatives we are taking on is to replace all of the windows- starting with the courtyard first. We are just going through the permitting process for this, but it is a project that we are excited about, and that will really improve the experience.

Having said all this, I would like to make this right. I apologize again. Please contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

My husband and I vacationed in Atlanta for a few days and were very pleased with our stay at The Artmore. The hotel has a hip and artsy vibe. The studio lounge is small, but inviting. The courtyard was a great place to relax at most times, but also provided entertainment on some evenings. Our room was more like an apartment than a standard hotel room (living space upon entrance, bedroom upstairs). The service was impeccable. The staff were friendly and very helpful. All of the front desk and lounge staff seemed to have a wide knowledge of restaurants and attractions in the area. My only complaint was that before arriving at the hotel, we were were not aware that parking would be over $15 per day.

2  Thank BlueSuedeShoez
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

Thank you so much BlueSuedeShoez for staying with us, and for sharing this fantastic review. I look forward to showing this to our team. I do, however, want to apologize that you were not aware of our parking charges of $15 plus taxes in advance. Space is a premium in midtown, and our overnight parking charge is the least expensive out of our competitors. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore!

Safe travels,