“The Second Time's the Charm”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #20 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and I had a bad experience with Travelocity over booking us in our last attempt to stay at the Artmore but the management and staff more than made up for it this past weekend. We decided to give them another chance for our anniversary weekend and not only were we given the best room which was two stories and completely amazing; the staff, decor, cleanliness and overall experience was perfect! The bar had fabulous drinks and we found everything to be just what we would have wanted and more. We will definitely return to the Artmore and thank you for making us feel so special on our special night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gbmommy
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2010

Thank you so much gbmommy for sharing your special day with us! I am so glad that we were given another opportunity to turn you into Artmore fans! I love that, and I also love the fact that you really had a great time with us. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our team, and to welcoming you back again!

Michael Halpner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,765)

Reviewed July 9, 2010

For my birthday weekend, my husband booked a basic room (for only $99 for the night!) at the Artmore, along with about 5 other couples who were also coming along for the celebration. He called ahead of time and asked them if there was anything special they could do for me since it was my big day and we were bringing a group with us. Upon arrival, we were impressed right away with the wonderful customer service. Very hospitable and friendly - made us feel right at home. To our surprise, we were given a wonderful suite - equipped with a sitting area, kitchenette, king bed (which was very comfortable!), bathroom, etc. For my birthday, they had also put red balloons all over the room and a beautiful vase full of red roses to match. What a nice surprise this was! It was a great room for our group to congregate before heading out for the night and made the celebration extra fun. And, we were never charged more than the $99 for the basic room we thought we were getting. Thanks so much to the Artmore for a wonderful stay and surprise, we will for sure be back!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2010

Thank you melbuz for spending your birthday with us! I am so glad that we had the opportunity to be part of creating a memorable experience for you. I look forward to sharing this review with the team! Please come back again soon...hopefully before your next birthday!

Reviewed June 28, 2010

I traveled to Atlanta last week for business and decided to stay at the Artmore Hotel.

The price was the same as the other hotel I was planning to stay in…and the hotel looked much more interesting than the Courtyard. A Courtyard is a Courtyard right? The Artmore isn’t a Courtyard.

The Artmore touts itself as a unique hotel that “prides itself on delivering a personalized guest experience, not previously seen in a Midtown Atlanta hotel.” Now…I’ve not stayed at any other Midtown Atlanta hotel…but the Artmore definitely lives up to being unique….in a good way.

The hotel lives up to the hype. This is a great little boutique hotel that can make travel much more comfortable and much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2010

Dear ericdbrown, thanks so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. I am so glad that you had a great experience with us, and that you recognized that the Artmore truly is a unique and different hotel. I am looking forward to sharing this with our team. Please come back soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2010

One of my best friends took me to Atlanta for my birthday and we stayed at the Artmore. What a great place! It was in the perfect location for where we wanted to go and what we wanted to see.

The entire staff was fantastic. They're friendly, attentive and very informative about the areaa you want to go sightseeing in. One of the front desk clerks, Nick, recommended Highland Tap for dinner. Well done Nick, well done! Best hamburger I've ever eaten in my life! The staff treats you as if you were a guest in their own home, not just another paying customer at some generic hotel.

The room was comfortable, as were the beds. And although our room faced the side street (no big deal for us at all), it was a very quite place. To be honest, I don't think I've slept that well in a while!

When I visit Atlanta again, I will definitely be staying at this fantastic little gem!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2010

Wow Prepslayer! Welcome to the family! I am so happy that you had a chance to stay with us, and that we had an opportunity to convert you over to being one of our fans! I look forward to sharing this review with the entire team, and especially Nick for making sure you had a tasty burger while you were in Atlanta. Thanks again, and please hurry back so we can make some more suggestions and happy memories for you!

Travel Safe,

Reviewed June 27, 2010

Took a chance and booked a night at The Artmore Hotel...using tripadvisor comments and other online reviews. The staff were extremely hospitable, from when we checked in (simple things like holding open the door) until we checked out (had our car waiting for us). The hotel grounds were amazing. Clean inside and out. Easy access to all things Atlanta. The rates are good and provide excellent value. There is a charge for parking (approx $15) but we planned on utilizing public transportation & cab service so it wasn't an issue for us (both services are convenient to the hotel). We felt safe and slept peacefully. Overall, our stay at The Artmore Hotel exceeded what I had hoped for. When I return to Atlanta, I will be staying at The Artmore.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends

Thanks for taking the time to write this review Henrybug! I am glad that you took the time to do some research, and decided to give us a try! I am also glad that you have added your voice to the fold of our guests who have discovered what a unique and truly friendly place our hotel is. Please consider the Artmore your home in Atlanta!

Reviewed June 26, 2010

We arrived not knowing what to expect. We came up from the backside and it looked like an old factory or something. Then we pulled around to the front and it resembled a cool svelte California hotel or something. We went inside and were greeted by 2 very nice gentlemen and the lobby was extremely modern with a very tranquil lighting. I asked if the room had two double beds since I booked a standard double and the man said that of course, you have a 2 bedroom penthouse suite....I was like OOOOKKKKK !!! We took the elevator up after walking through the older antique feeling hallways and when I opened the door we were blown away. This place is amazing if you like boutique hotels. The place has an antique feel but modern amenities and design....really posh by my standards. It was a 2 story 2 bedroom penthouse type suite with an amazing view of downtown through angled windows. Two queen beds in one room and a king bed in another. LCD tvs in every room, fullsize stainless refrig, stove, microwave, fully stocked drinks and alocohol in fridge, mini bar. The downstairs is a full living room with the kitchen. When you go upstairs the floors creak and I LOVED that....the ambience of this place is like being at home except much cooler hehehee. I love the Artmore and will most definitely return !!!! ENJOY !!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Baseballfan2010

Hey there Baseballfan2010, thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. I am so glad that you had a great experience with us. We too love the fact that the exterior of the building, which was built in 1924, is such a handsome example of spanish influenced architecture. It truly is a 'wow" moment when you walk into the Artmore, and see our brand new lobby and bar. It is an unexpected treat. I am also glad that you had a chance to experience one of our two bedroom penthouses. This is a truly unique type of room, and the Artmore is the only hotel that has it! Please hurry back so we can take great care of you once again.

Travel Safe,

Reviewed June 21, 2010

This is a very nice boutique hotel that's reasonable. The bed was comfortable, the decor was nice and simple, and it was clean. In the room, the wireless wasn't the fastest (it was better at the bar), but was good enough. The business center was small, but I it did the job. This place is a bit out of the way (near the High Art Museum), but I found it quiet and relaxing. (It was nice to be away from the glut of hotels for World Congress Center conference attendees.) The food at the bar was good, and the hotel staff were polite and attentive. This is a refurbished hotel, so the rooms and bathroom are smaller than what you get at a modern hotel (especially a 4 or 5 star hotel). The patio area looked great, but I didn't get a chance to spend time there. I would definitely stay here again when visiting Atlanta.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2010

Thanks so much Minnie_n for taking the time to share some feedback about your experience with us. I am so glad that you had a good stay with us, and some fantastic things to say about our team, and our the food you tried at the bar. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team. Please come back soon so you can spend some time in our fabulous courtyard, and can try one of our other rooms. One of the great things about the Artmore is that our building used to be an upscale apartment house, so many of our rooms are oversized. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hurry back!