1,894 results
All reviewsfire pitcenter stageloft suitearts districtmarta stationatlantic stationapartment buildinghigh museum of artgreat boutiqueunique hotelvalet parkingchain hotelsfull kitchenmini barmidtown locationpiedmont parksitting area
Reviewed January 2, 2010

The Artmore is my ideal sort of hotel. Beautiful, elegant but not stuffy, great location right across from an art museum and a subway stop. If you hate soulless corporate hotel chains, but don't want to stay in someone's victorian fantasy b&b, this is the place for you. The wireless was super-fast, Turner Classic Movies on the flatscreen TV, a full kitchen in our room (I mean FULL -- large fridge, stove, oven, microwave...), small but adorable bathroom, very clean, art on the walls. A pretty good breakfast was included in the very reasonable price of the room. By "pretty good" I mean actual bacon (not the flavoured paper you may have eaten at the Holiday Inn), scrambled eggs, grits, granola and yoghurt, as well as the usual selection of toasts and cereals. Stay here if you have a chance! I will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2010

Thank you so much for your fantastic review Bread and Roses. I am very happy that you had a great experience with us. We too feel that the Artmore is a rare find, and one that can provide a much needed respite from the the big box chain hotels. We can't wait to welcome you back in 2010 to your new home away from home in Atlanta!

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 20, 2009

If you want a quiet room, don't stay at the Artmore. While the rooms are beautifully furnished and comfortable, it is a refurbished older building and the acoustics are terrible. There were several parties on my floor, one next door, which woke me up necessitating a call to security at 1:00 AM. Someone came and the party ended. However, I was unable to sleep as there were continual shout-outs from up and down the hall and noisy people coming and going until I finally drifted off at 3:00 AM. Since there was a security guard on the premises, I don't understand why he did not "make the rounds" and hear this loud party earlier. If I had not called, would it have continued all night? I would not return to this property.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2009

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I apologize that you did not have a good experience with us, as we would like every guest to. We don't usually have noise complaints, as during the week, we are a business minded hotel. On the weekends, our crowd is more leisure minded, but folks are usually here for sporting events, or to visit all of the great cultural attractions around us. I apologize that you had a rowdy guest staying near you. Please contact me so we can make it right. We would love to have you back so you can experience what the Artmore is truly like.

Best Regards,

Michael

Reviewed December 13, 2009

After doing a ton of research trying to find the perfect hotel for my husband and my 5th anniversary I decided on the Artmore. The good things were that it was directly across from the marta which was nice because the weather was horrible the whole time we were there. The rooms were very nice with a huge comfortable bed. While the hotel only has valet it was fantastic, every time we called to get the car it was there by the time we got downstairs. A few downsides though were while I was excited to see that the hotel was 100% smoke free every time we went down the hall someone was smoking in their room, which made the whole hallway smell like smoke. Also we were on an end room which had no sound barrier on the door at all. Both morning we were awoken very early by our neighbors coming back at night and leaving in the morning. Also breakfast was a little expensive but it is Atlanta.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2009

Thank you so much for choosing the Artmore for your anniversary. We are happy that you chose us, and that your research led you to midtown Atlanta's authentic boutique hotel! I am very happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us, and I will share your comments with the entire team. I apologize that you came accross some other guests smoking. We make every effort to deter guests from smoking in the rooms, and we are usually successfull . There is the occasional guest that does continue to smoke, despite our best efforts to curb it. When it does happen, our staff smoke treats the room, and returns it to it's smoke free state. I am sorry that this was a blight on an otherwise good experience. We look forward to having you back on your anniversary next year, or for any other special occasion!

Thanks again,

Reviewed November 29, 2009

The Good- The room was surprisingly modern, the breakfast buffet was pretty good. But just okay nothing to brag about. The courtyard was the best part very different and attractive if it was summertime, we probably would've hung out.

The Bad- The valet service. Nobody was ever outside to pick up the cars, no signage of valet even on duty. We were simply told to leave our keys at the front desk, we had to carry our heavy bags in and out of the car (an inconvenience). The so-called WiFi internet access was never accessed. Front desk staff were choppy, not really friendly and we unprepared for guests.

The Ugly- The bathroom, the tinyest, outdated bathroom yet. I'm 5'11 & my boyfriend is 6'4 and we almost had to bend down to get in the bathroom. If you have the shower door open you can't have the bathroom door open at the same time. The tiles on the floor looked old & kinda gross circa 1900. The shower knobs were old fashion. The TV wasn't clear I don't know what's the purpose of a flat screen TV without clear cable stations?

All in all the hotel experience wasn't all that and they could've done so much better to make our stay grand. Won't be returning but we had an OK time.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gsuprgirl08
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2009

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I apologize that the experience wasn't memorable, or not one memorable enough to have you come back. We strive to create value by providing excellent service, and unique accommodations not currently found in Atlanta. Clearly, in your case we failed. We hope to accommodate you in the future, so you can really see what the Artmore experience is like.

Reviewed November 15, 2009

Location is great. Staff is very helpful and friendly. I've stayed there a few times and the rooms have always been nice. Each room has its own personality, some are better than others,but it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2009

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had a good experience with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore. Call us ahead of time, and we will make sure you get the kind of room you enjoy. Take it easy on the road!

GM