“A great hotel. Highly recommended.”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #15 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Artmore is such a great vintage hotel. I always stay there for Dragon*Con. I had a wonderful time. The hotel is really nice and unique. The staff is fantastic. The room was very nice. The outdoor courtyard is amazing, and the classic photographs throughout the hotel are very cool . Their valet parking rate is very reasonable for Atlanta @ $19.50. Plus it's right across the street from a MARTA station. The breakfast wasn't great, but their coffee is very good.

In all, I highly recommend the Artmore. I can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: Sits across the street from a MARTA station (the Atlanta subway), so it's easy to get around the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear unamatrix08,

Thank you for your review of the Artmore. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We so enjoy all the folks that stay with us for Dragon Con.

Thank you also for mentioning that the staff is fantastic. As the General Manager, comments like this are always so nice to hear and it makes me very proud. I have shared your review with the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit next year.

Mara Miller

Write a ReviewReviews (1,742)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The online reservation indicated we would get a queen bed, but I think they actually only have king. At any rate we were really happy to not only get a king, but to also get a suite. The suites are two floors with the bedroom on top which is nice because we never heard any hall traffic or
doors slamming. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotels is located a block from the art museum and a Marta stop. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kevin P,

Thank you for your fantastic review! I am so glad you had a great experience with us.

We look forward to having you stay with us again and we will save a great room for you!

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Found this hotel to be reasonably priced and recommend looking for specials that include valet parking although there are numerous parking lots in the immediate area. Staff very friendly and helpful and breakfast available at a reasonable price, you can also find specials that include breakfast.
Great location 1/2 block to MARTA station with access to anywhere in Atlanta. Definately would cloose again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wbitten

Dear wbitten,

Thank you for your review of the Artmore. One package we offer is the Eat, Sleep and Park package that includes breakfast and parking. It is one of our most a popular packages.

Again, many thanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The Artmore is a boutique hotel close to Emory Hospital and Georgia Tech. It is between midtown and downtown, and a 10 minute drive to Buckhead. It's quiet, clean and the rooms are modern, with everything you could want. Breakfast is filling and well rounded; the fitness room is good for a hotel built in the 1920s. Only downside is that there's an extra charge for everything, so if you're trying to budget, this may not be your place. But if you want great rooms, spectacular service in a beautiful hotel for a fraction of what you'll pay for a chain downtown, try the Artmore.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Hank F
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear Hank F,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I am very happy that you had a great experience with us. We too feel that the Artmore is everything a traveler could want and a great alternative to the big box chain hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is lovely looking, across the street from the train station & all the staff went out of their way to make sure my stay was comfortable.

My room was clean, spacious & cozy.

Special thanks goes to Lindsey Barth, who ran me to CVS the evening I arrived to stock up my fridge. You are a credit to the Artmore!

I would certainly stay here again & would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Atlanta.

• Stayed: August 2013

DearSuze London UK,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay and for mentioning Lindsey Barth. As the General Manager it is a proud moment when a team member is recognized by one of our guests. You are so right; Lindsey is a credit to the Artmore.

We hope to see you back at the Artmore soon and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here mid-August for one night for a girls trip. All the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Location was great for what we wanted. Since this is a boutique hotel have to keep in mind that some rooms will be differently sized. Our room was fine for our purposes since it was just an overnight trip, but the bathroom was extremely small and I wouldn't have been happy with that for a long stay. I was aware that this could happen after reading other reviews, so if this is a concern for you, you may want to check with the hotel to see what's available before making a reservation. Overall I would stay here again for a weekend stay.

Pros:
- Staff was very friendly and helpful
- Location was great. Close to GA Tech. There is a free shuttle to take you to Atlantic Station although we walked. Also restaurants nearby.
- Courtyard area is really nice. Big fire pit to sit around in the evening with a glass of wine.

Cons:
- Our room (#330) had a very small bathroom (although I was prepared for this after reading reviews)
- Requested an extra blanket and while the staff immediately responded, they only brought a sheet. My friend tends to get cold easily so she wasn't happy with this, although she didn't call down to the desk to request anything additional.
- No free coffee in the room although they do offer free coffee in the bar/lobby area. There is a Keurig machine in the room however it took us a bit to realize the k-cups were part of the mini-bar and we would be charged. I can't remember the last time I didn't have free coffee available in my hotel room- they may want to rethink this feature.
- Could never find info about parking on the hotel's website. They offer valet parking at $19.50/day and there may be some self-parking somewhere but I'm not sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Charlotte Hokie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Artmore. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve and ultimately have the Artmore be the only hotel traveler's want to stay at when visiting midtown Atlanta.
I apologize for the lack of follow up on your request for a blanket. I have spoken with our Housekeeping team regarding. We are in the midst of updating our website and parking fees will be included. Also, every member of the team is able to direct guests to the self parking lots close to the hotel for those who choose to self park and it is part of our training program to inform each guest at check in that coffee is available in room through the mini bar and the price.

Again many thanks for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the Artmore soon. We will save you a seat by the firepit.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I met family in Atlanta for a weekend get together centered around a visit to the High Museum, which is a block away from the Artmore. My sister in law arranged the accommodations, and we could not have been more pleased. She found an online special which included valet parking, $20.00/night otherwise, so be aware of that if driving.
The hotel is old, with a character that I value, but having been renovated recently it is a very pleasant facility. Having said that, it has accessibility issues for anyone with mobility disabilities.
For our purposes, the location could not have been better.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear neFL_resident,

Thank you so much for writing a review of your stay. I am happy you appreciated the character of the hotel built in 1924 and the location of the hotel.

Guest reviews are very important to us in understanding what our guest needs are and I thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to your next visit to Atlanta and the Artmore Hotel.