“FIRST VISIT” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
“FIRST VISIT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our first stay at the Artmore the week-end of June 8th. The bed was quite comfortable, room 212 was a quiet room. Has a picture of Audrey Hepburn in the bedroom. Spoke with Mara Miller, the manager a few days prior to our trip and had a few requests. She took care of them all. The front desk as well as the most of the other staff were kind, help and sweet. In particular a lady Jervina,? I was asking about nearby places for breakfast, and she ended up giving us the breakfast for our 3 remaining mornings. That was so sweet of her to do that for us. That way, after breakfast there, we caught the Marta which is close by and spent the days sightseeing, etc. Our only complaint is with "Helen" who does the breakfast. We spoke to her and she really was distant to us the entire time. Our last morning there, I went to get some eggs and there were none, so I walked to the doorway where she was and informed her. Her response "are you sure there's no eggs, I'll check in a few minutes". When she came in a bit, she lifted the lid, like she didn't believe me. The breakfast was good though. The valet and the other staff couldn't have been any nicer. I was sorry I never got to meet Mara as she was also a great help. Would I go back there? In a heartbeat.

Room Tip: 212 was a quiet room, which we needed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnnaJason
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear AnnaJason,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry I missed meeting you too.
Our Breakfast Attendant Miss Helen is the most identified team member on TripAdvisor for outstanding service so I am not sure what happened on that day, but please let me apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.
We look forward to welcoming you back and we will save a quiet room for you. I look forward to meeting you next time you are in town.

Mara Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Mattoon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Smiling faces and friendly assistance were offered up every time we passed through the lobby! Our room was on the first floor facing into the courtyard. It was clean and comfortable. The area is right by the arts district in Atlanta and we had a easy ride from the airport on the MARTA line with a short walk across the street from the stop to the hotel. Excellent location for visits to the High Art Museum and wonderful restaurants... All within walking distance. This hotel doesn't seem to be devoted to luxury, but it was comfortable, friendly, convenient and full of character and charm!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank eppshel
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear eppshel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Artmore. We love that you found the Hotel charming and convenient. We are fortunate to be in a location within walking distance of the cultural art venues and having the MARTA stop right across the street from the Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Regards,

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

What a great trip! The staff was amazingly helpful and kind, they felt like old friends. The room was cozy - a combination of contemporary decor inside an old building. The building was definitely dated but clean. The only "complaint" I have is the noise...there's a great little bar and the hotel surrounds an amazing courtyard - but the amazing courtyard generates a large crowd at night so it was like sleeping above a bar....but everything great about the place outweighs the noise complaint. I will definitely stay here during my next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sara S
Dear Sara S,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a great trip. I have shared your review with the team and we look forward to welcoming you again at the Artmore.

Hurry Back!

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel itself is beautiful, as was our room. The decorators should be proud, but we had two disappointing interactions with the front desk people and the morning we were leaving to catch our flight there was no one there for several minutes, when I asked to get the car from the valet I was told "out front." Just that, not, "Sure, someone out front could help you." When I went out front no one was there for 5 minutes and at this point I'm panicking a bit about leaving on time for our flight. I really expected more from this level of hotel on both check-in and check-out. I was expecting that there might be at least free waters or something in our room upon arrival but instead I felt nickeled and dimed for everything while we were there, parking is $20, breakfast is $10, minibar was wonderfully stocked but all at a cost. I don't think I'd return, but if you need the location as we did in mid-town it was great for walkability.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren P
gmartmorehotel, Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear usinbrazil,

Thank you for your review and I am so glad you liked our décor and location. We tried to make our guest rooms as comfortable as possible and I am so glad you noticed the effort that went in to that portion of that guest experience. I am sorry to hear about your interactions at check out, the lack of care expressed is not in keeping with our core values or operating procedures and I will personally address it with the team. As far as the charges associated with the various amenities I am also sorry you felt that we did not create enough value. I can offer that parking charges at our competitors can be in excess of $36. We endeavor to keep the cost to our guests as low as possible. One way we are able to offer such a great value is by charging those guests for certain amenities, like breakfast or mini bar items, to only those guests that use those amenities. If we didn't other guests that don’t need breakfast or use other hotel amenities would wind up absorbing the costs in higher room rates. Regardless, we appreciate the feedback and invite you to contact me in the event you are in need of accommodations.

Kind Regards,

Düsseldorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Without a doubt, one of the top Hotels I have stayed in. The staff was amazing (Friendly, Courteous and well Mannered).
The room was amazing (Spacious, Clean, View). It contained everything I needed and more. The bar and the ability to sit outside was awesome. The location of the hotel is very convenient to shops, Restaurants and Art.
When ever in Atlanta, I will stay here and no where else...........

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LudwigundWagner
DearLudwigundWagner,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this excellent review. I look forward to sharing it with the team here. I also look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore soon!
Thanks again!

Odenton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I liked the Artmore a lot more than I thought I would upon first glance. It looks small and the check in area is dim and small, but the room was great. We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was like a little apartment with a downstairs full kitchen and sitting area, and a loft with a nice king bed. Felt cute and homey. Complimentary breakfast was excellent. Bacon crispy and a full offering of breakfast foods that were also very good. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WorkingMom74
Dear WorkingMom74,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed your loft room and that our breakfast satisfied you. We hope to welcome you back to the Artmore soon!

Until then,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I would love to see the rooms in the pictures on the website. I should have taken pics of the room i was in. Beds were hard as rocks. My room didnt even have a chair to sit in. On the bright side the TV was next to the toliet. So i could sit there. The sink was the make shift desk to do work. I used the bathtub as a lounger. The so called grill is frozen dinners they put in the microwave. I order from a pizza place(it was fantastic)..i put the food on the bed and got on my knees to eat it. Lovely experience. Couldnt pay me enough money to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank Allysa2020
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Allysa2020,

I would like to thank you for your review. It is critical for a small independent boutique hotel like the Artmore to get candid feedback regardless of how painful it maybe to hear or read. I need to apologize for the frustration you experienced during your last visit and please know we take your comments very seriously. We have already redesigned the room to accommodate a chair and a desk. We are always improving our guest experience and regularly changing out the mattresses is just one of our programs. We have identified that mattress as one that we will change. We are also working on various concepts to improve the dining experience as well.

I am certain that if you are willing to give us another chance we can show you that we are indeed committed to providing a superior guest experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at 404.201.7542 or via email at mara@artmorehotel.com so that I can personally handle your reservation. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to the opportunity to thank you in person someday.

Kind Regards,