“Midtown Atlanta hotel - unique”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #16 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Chicago, Illinois
“Midtown Atlanta hotel - unique”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Hotel appears to have been apartment building renovated to boutique hotel. Small lobby bar and nice courtyard for lounging. Rooms may be two story with bathroom and bedroom upstairs and full kitchen on first. Newly renovated with newer furnishings, carpet and paint. Potentially a nice family hotel for price. Meeting room located off dining area was quite noisy in the AM and not recommended for serious business gathering. Cabs took over 30 minutes - plan ahead or use MARTA.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on four different trips for a total of 10 nights in February and March, 2013. This is a small hotel with some "quirky" features. Each of the four rooms was very different. In one case, the room was quite small and I had to think I was in a European hotel and then everything was fine. The other rooms were larger and two were quite spacious. There is no restaurant in the hotel but the bar has a limited menu with a couple of salads, small plates, paninni, etc. Parking is via valet service which is quick and friendly. Room rate includes full American-style breakfast. There is no "made to order" service but the buffet always includes scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, and then a variety of grits, biscuits and gravy, french toast plus yogurt cereal, fresh fruit, etc.

The hotel is conveniently located to the High Museum and Art Center MARTA stop; convenient meaning two blocks. There are many restaurants within 4-5 blocks of the hotel.

This is a good place to stay if you're looking for something off the "chain" path.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jwaite212
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much jwaite212 for taking the time to review your stay at the Artmore. I am so glad you enjoyed your experience with us, and we want you to come back quickly. We will save a great room for you.

Matawan, New Jersey
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights for a charity event taking place in the hotel. I'm not that impressed with the place. Coming around the corner from the airport, I saw the building and thought to myself "oh boy, here we go again" My collegue voice teh same opinion out loud.Once we checked in (there was no bell service or ramp into the hotel, just steps and I helped a couple ladies up teh stairs with their luggage) we saw the lobby and said "ok, maybe it's so bad" The lobby and public bathrooms are real nice, very chic and modern. However, the guest rooms leave alot to be desired. The rooms are odd as you would expect from a botique hotel. Yes there's a bar with a sink and yada yada yada. The room i thought was OK and teh AC worked well. Decor was nice. The bathroom leaves alot to be desired. Its like they went home depot cheep in there. A tiny powder room vanity thats not very deep sit centered on the wall. Above it is a 2 bulb light fixture that doesn;t nearly give off enought ligh to actually see what your doing, esp since it had cfl bulbs. Beside the sink on one side was a wooden shelf with a wooden stool. I assume thats where a lady would put her make on because there's a hairdryer there as well mounted on the wall. In the other corner is a cheep partical board looking corner shelf that looks like it doen't belong there. Is wood grain and looks cheep. Then we come to the bathtub!! True its an over sized whirlpool tub, but you have to climb up and into it to take a shower. U have to step over the side whick on me is about knee high (i'm 6') and over a 12" edge and into the tub. Its amazed no one got killed getting in and out of that thing!! water pressure was OK but hot water took while to warm up. Bath products were smaller then usual, but smelled pretty good (rosemary/mint)

Here's a warning - There's no free coffee in the room. There are kcups available in your mini bar, but they are $2 a piece. If your used to hotel with free coffee, your in for a surprise. I had to read the bar list a couple times before I figured out that they were 2 bucks each.

Another gripe i have is that the doors are wood and do nothing to keep teh sound out of noisy people in the ways. They also don't close by themselves, although that elevates the slamming of doors, its not gooid for security. During my stay, the hotel was over run with high school kids talking loadly in the halls and and sitting in the hallways in large groups, chatting alway all night. Friday and Saturday also brought wedding parties who were there to "party"

Valet parking was a reasonable 19.50/day and pretty efficient. The lobby and courtyard were excellent. However i read soemthing in the room about a "can do" attitude they have here at the hotel. That's not always the case. I asked for tickets to coke and they couldn't do it. I asked for direction to a local store where i could get a few things, they didn;t know of any. They didn't clean my room my first day here and i hung my "service please" sign out the next and someone removed it and placed it my room where it belonged but never cleaned the room. eventually it was cleaned after i asked the desk staff.

The internet was free, but the signal was sparatic, dropping in and out over and over. No wire connection was available. There's no safe in the room, no closet doors (just a curtain) bu there is an ironing board.

All in all not a great place to stay, but ok. It misses its mark on so many fronts that as a seasone traveler, I would rather stay at a Hampton Inn. I didn't eat the free breakfast, but the eggs look so gross i couldn't even watch my friends eat them.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else and come to the bar and courtyard
1 Thank TRAVELINMANFROMNJ
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Our stay was April 4-9, 2013. The Artmore courtyard and lobby are very nicely done. Also the bar is quaint and pleasant. The room view was of the courtyard and the room has large window - so let the light shine in I say! It appears to be a remodeled hotel with the rooms lacking closet space and a closet door. Also the bathroom is small. Our room had 2 double beds which were comfortable. There is a small refrigerator in the room, but it is stocked with products for sale. The breakfast is down in the basement and is great. A lot of food choices and is free! The best part about the hotel is that is located 1/2 block from the MARTA station. I would stay here again if the price is right.

Room Tip: The one elevator is slow. But hotel is only 3 stories, so take the stairs! Room 218 is close to elev...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you renosteve for your review! I am happy you enjoyed your stay at the Artmore.

We look forward to having you back here as quickly as possible!

Travel Safe!

Hardyville, Virginia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

As an art lover, I was searching for a hotel located near the High Museum. The Artmore is ideally situated and within walking distance of numerous attractions. What impressed me most about this hotel was the service. I was warmly greeted by two staff members, who answered questions about city sites, all the while exhibiting southern charm. The breakfast was plentiful and prepared by a lovely lady who made certain that our needs were met. Should I return to Atlanta, I'll definitely stay at this centrally-located boutique hotel.

Art Lover

1 Thank artlover454
Dear Artlover454,

Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review. I look forward to sharing it with the team here. I also look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore soon!

Hurry Back!

VA
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our Braves Opening Day vacation. The hotel location is great for use of the Marta. It is diagonally across the street (it took us about 1 minute to walk from the station exit to the hotel). We also had our car and it was a very easy drive to Target and other shops.The lobby is very chic and so is the patio area with a water/fire feature, heat lamps and plush lounge seats. Our room was very large with a separate bar area and a huge bathtub. The staff was very helpful and welcoming. The breakfast was fair, for me it was not worth the money, but other people seemed to get their money worth. They had a variety of hot foods but all I at was yogurt and granola. The granola was homemade and delicious. Overall, the next time we visit Atlanta, we plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 230, it was very large with a king size bed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tulipchic
Thank you tulipchic for your great review of the Artmore. I am so glad you had a great experience with us, and we want you to come back quickly. We will save a great room for you, and a seat by the firepit.

Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My stay at the Artmore was nothing less than PERFECT!!! The service was above par everyone from the valet to the room service was helpful, kind, and accommodating. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and kept very clean. I was greeted in my room with a personal letter from the hotel and complimentary bottled water (we all know most hotel bottle water from the mini bar is like$8!!). To my surprise the hotel was having the Spring opening of their Courtyard and they had a fun happy hour cocktail set up for all guest of the hotel with yummy food, great drinks, and fun music! Overall, if your looking for a comfortable and wonderful experience in Atlanta the ARTMORE is the place to stay! Thank you to all the staff you really out did yourselves :)

Dear Nicole P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this excellent review. I look forward to sharing it with the team here. I also look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore soon!

Thanks again!