“Hotel for High Museum Visit”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #15 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The hotel was recommended by the High Museum as being one of 2 who could include museum tickets in our package. Altho we did not end up using the package deal, the proximity to the High and our wonderful rooms made the visit delightful. House Staff was courteous and helpful. Valet staff was exceptional! The only problem we had all weekend was getting as taxi in time for our dinner reservation. You might want to contact the desk in advance as Midtown Atlanta and Manhattan have very little in common!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank fleurdelea
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear fleurdelea,

Thank you for your review! I will share it with our Valet staff and the rest of the team.

We look forward to having you back at the Artmore next time you are visiting Atlanta.

Mara Miller

Write a ReviewReviews (1,754)

Reviewed February 26, 2013

we had a wonderful weekend at the artmore ! great location-great room .the front desk was gracious and efficient. valet was quick-except for getting luggage to room at check-in -they were quite busy at that time . our last day i had breakfast -club level -Helen made my day -cheerful efficient and makes the best eggs ive ever had on a buffet!!the property was beautiful

Room Tip: ask about room options -i would have loved a loft room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Gerard J,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this excellent review. I look forward to sharing it with Helen and the rest of the team here. I also look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore soon!

Thanks again!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I really wavered between giving this hotel four or three stars. It is definitely above average for service; they did everything right from the time I walked in the door. I was greeted promptly and made me feel welcome and comfortable. The front desk agent gave me the wrong leys but caught it before I reached the elevator, gave the right keys and a free drink card. Well handled for a minor mistake. They have a cozy bar downstairs and a great courtyard in the center of the hotel which must be wonderful when the weather is a little warmer. They are also located just a few walk able blocks from the midtown bar and restaurant scene and only a few turns before from the interstate if you need to commute.

There were a few things that keep me from wanting to give this hotel a full four stars because I think they can add up to make a guest experience that is more mediocre. That same great courtyard in the center of the hotel is a serious nuisance if you happen to be in any of the rooms that overlook it. I was trying to have an early night before a long business day and I heard people outside chatting at they smoked until 10 or 11 pm. Any other night I would have still been awake but if you are a light sleeper or trying to get an early nights rest, I would request a room on the hotel’s parameter. My room also had the most pointless kitchen ever. A kitchen is a great thing to have in a room but this just seemed like a wasted space. They have the minibar fridge stocked with the usual things and a little room left over for your own chilled items (water bottles) but there is no microwave and the whole space seemed so poorly designed. The bathtub was tiny, forget trying to take a relaxing bath (I am just 5' 9") and these are not heavenly beds. They are run of the mill firm hotel mattresses with no extra ahhhh when you hop in for the evening. I didn't find the walls to be an issue but you can hear everything through the doors that happens in the hallway. A potential problem if the hotel is full of rowdy guests

I think the service, location and rates warrant seriously considering this hotel. Just be warned that this is not a 4.5 star property.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SalsaPicante78
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Salsa picante78,

Thank you for your review, for both the things you liked, and the things you didn't. This type of feedback will help us to improve and we take your comments seriously.
If by any chance you would entertain the thought of giving the Artmore a second chance I would like to personally oversee your reservation. Please feel free to contact me directly at 404.201.7542 or via email at mara@artmorehotel.com.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

All in all, I would definitely recommend The Artmore Hotel and it will be my choice when returning to Atlanta. Great dining, as well as world-class art, was just a block or two away. This is a small boutique hotel in Midtown, within walking distance of the High Museum of Art. According to an Atlanta born-and-bred friend, the building was formerly an apartment house. It is a mid-twenties stuccoed Spanish Revival building, with just three floors with three wings surrounding a central courtyard. Despite the chilly February evening, the hotel staff generously provided the outdoor seating cushions and lit the heaters for a charming setting for drinks from the lobby bar and conversation with other guests. The centerpiece of the beautifully designed and landscaped courtyard was a fountain in a cauldron with a fire feature.

Upon arriving (very easy access from highways) we were greeted at the small unloading pull-in by the valet staff, who were very accommodating, prompt and service oriented. Parking was about $20 for overnight, but hey...it's Midtown Atlanta! Check-in was easy and courteous. The building has mid-twenties infrastructure, which appeals to me as authentic. Long halls and only one elevator. I had a room with two double (not queen-sized) beds, and a friend had a room with one double bed. Small, but adequate space. (I peered into some suites, which have a kitchenette, harking back to the apartment days!) Impeccably clean. The most annoying factor (related to an old building) were the loud plumbing noises, which actually woke me at one point. Maybe it varies according to room placement...my friend in the other room had no such experience. It was also possible to eavesdrop on enthusiastic revelry from the room above.

The bathroom was small, but serviceable. One of the most important aspects of a hotel room for me is the shower head...this was a rain head shower with great water pressure and plenty of hot water. The room had a completely stocked cash snack and beverage bar, with a premium single serve coffee maker. I object on principle to having to pay for in-room coffee; free coffee is as much expected in a hotel room as free television. In all fairness, complimentary coffee was available in the lobby. (There was also a $10 breakfast buffet I did not use.) I need at this point to emphasize that The Artmore Hotel is so reasonably priced that I could hardly believe I had scored a safe room in a boutique hotel in a prime location! I was so happy with this hotel that I only mention the plumbing noises and pay coffee in order to be thorough.

If you want the luxury of The Four Seasons, it's right around the corner. The Artmore Hotel, with its minor quirks, suits me just fine.

Room Tip: Please ask the desk about a room without plumbing noises. Also ask for a room facing the courtyard!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Smalltownexplorer

Dear smalltownexplorer,

Thank you so much for your great review of the Artmore. I am so glad you had a great experience with us, and we want you to come back quickly. We will save a great room for you, and a seat by the firepit.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here with a group of girl friends in late February. Size of a standard room was not great - cramped and small bathrooms. We also had to kill a small roach in our room - probably one of the most digusting things to encounter at a 4.5 star hotel...mattresses were hard.

Unfortunately there were several other "parties" on the floor - with the paper thin walls, we could hear everything going on...we could also smell the herbs they were partying with!! While using the valet service, we ended up with a flat tire - valet staff were very abrupt and rude to deal with (muttering under breath and speaking sharply with us - I understand it is a stressful job, but please don't take that out on us!!!).

We had to get several different card keys for our room and in the end, still ended up with only one working card key for the four of us to share. We were told there would be a continental breakfast included upon booking, when really we would have had to pay $10 per person & after our experience with the roach decided to eat elsewhere...

The front desk staff were very nice, however could not make up for our overall poor experience. We should have paid the extra cash and stayed elsewhere - will know for next time!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank MPSchmikey

Dear MPSchmikey,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I apologize that you did not have a good experience with us, as we would like every guest to. On the weekends, our crowd is more leisure minded, but folks are usually here for sporting events, or to visit all of the great cultural attractions around us. I apologize that you had rowdy loud guests staying near you. I also apologize for the service issues you encountered with staff. I take your comments very seriously. Please contact me so we can make it right. We would love to have you back so you can experience what the Artmore is truly like. Please call me at 404-801-5212 or email mara@artmorehotel.com.

Regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We used Tripadvisor to select the Artmore. My husband called for a reservation the evening before we were to arrive, and they must have had rooms to spare because the desk clerk gave us an excellent discount with our AAA membership (including free valet parking and breakfast.)

We loved the decor! The hotel is in a 1920's apartment building and has been beautifully renovated and decorated. The lobby and rooms are adorned with photos of uber cool classic celebrities such as Audrey Hepburn, Elvis, Bob Dylan.... Our room was a suite--two stories, with a large sitting area downstairs and a lovely loft-like sleeping area and bath above. It was very quiet and comfortable. The only "complaint" would be that the bathroom was small and a bit barebones, but it was clean and functional and modern.

There is a nice bar downstairs, and we ended up enjoying their menu and wines for our dinner. We shared the brie platter and the crab cake salad, and both were delicious. Breakfast the next morning was perfectly adequate.

It's the perfect location for a visit to the High Museum of Art or a night at the symphony.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ilovebirdsky

Dear ilovebirdsky,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Artmore. I am happy you enjoyed the room decor, the bar and the food; the brie plate and crab cakes are two of our most popular dishes.

I look forward to sharing your review with the rest of the staff and we hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels and Hurry Back!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We only spent one night, but it was a good one! Arriving way before check in time of 3:00 PM, they accommodated us by giving an early check in. They also allowed a later check out. Breakfast was included and although not spectacular, it was good. The front desk was very helpful. The room was perfect and quite comfortable! The valet attendant was great! I would not hesitate to stay at the Artmore again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Debbie P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Artmore. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I will share your review with the rest of the team.

We look forward to having you stay at the Artmore again.

Hurry Back!