“Charming and fun historic hotel”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #14 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
North Carolina
“Charming and fun historic hotel”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

All in all, I would definitely recommend The Artmore Hotel and it will be my choice when returning to Atlanta. Great dining, as well as world-class art, was just a block or two away. This is a small boutique hotel in Midtown, within walking distance of the High Museum of Art. According to an Atlanta born-and-bred friend, the building was formerly an apartment house. It is a mid-twenties stuccoed Spanish Revival building, with just three floors with three wings surrounding a central courtyard. Despite the chilly February evening, the hotel staff generously provided the outdoor seating cushions and lit the heaters for a charming setting for drinks from the lobby bar and conversation with other guests. The centerpiece of the beautifully designed and landscaped courtyard was a fountain in a cauldron with a fire feature.

Upon arriving (very easy access from highways) we were greeted at the small unloading pull-in by the valet staff, who were very accommodating, prompt and service oriented. Parking was about $20 for overnight, but hey...it's Midtown Atlanta! Check-in was easy and courteous. The building has mid-twenties infrastructure, which appeals to me as authentic. Long halls and only one elevator. I had a room with two double (not queen-sized) beds, and a friend had a room with one double bed. Small, but adequate space. (I peered into some suites, which have a kitchenette, harking back to the apartment days!) Impeccably clean. The most annoying factor (related to an old building) were the loud plumbing noises, which actually woke me at one point. Maybe it varies according to room placement...my friend in the other room had no such experience. It was also possible to eavesdrop on enthusiastic revelry from the room above.

The bathroom was small, but serviceable. One of the most important aspects of a hotel room for me is the shower head...this was a rain head shower with great water pressure and plenty of hot water. The room had a completely stocked cash snack and beverage bar, with a premium single serve coffee maker. I object on principle to having to pay for in-room coffee; free coffee is as much expected in a hotel room as free television. In all fairness, complimentary coffee was available in the lobby. (There was also a $10 breakfast buffet I did not use.) I need at this point to emphasize that The Artmore Hotel is so reasonably priced that I could hardly believe I had scored a safe room in a boutique hotel in a prime location! I was so happy with this hotel that I only mention the plumbing noises and pay coffee in order to be thorough.

If you want the luxury of The Four Seasons, it's right around the corner. The Artmore Hotel, with its minor quirks, suits me just fine.

Room Tip: Please ask the desk about a room without plumbing noises. Also ask for a room facing the courtyard!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Smalltownexplorer
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear smalltownexplorer,

Thank you so much for your great review of the Artmore. I am so glad you had a great experience with us, and we want you to come back quickly. We will save a great room for you, and a seat by the firepit.

Mara Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Greek first
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here with a group of girl friends in late February. Size of a standard room was not great - cramped and small bathrooms. We also had to kill a small roach in our room - probably one of the most digusting things to encounter at a 4.5 star hotel...mattresses were hard.

Unfortunately there were several other "parties" on the floor - with the paper thin walls, we could hear everything going on...we could also smell the herbs they were partying with!! While using the valet service, we ended up with a flat tire - valet staff were very abrupt and rude to deal with (muttering under breath and speaking sharply with us - I understand it is a stressful job, but please don't take that out on us!!!).

We had to get several different card keys for our room and in the end, still ended up with only one working card key for the four of us to share. We were told there would be a continental breakfast included upon booking, when really we would have had to pay $10 per person & after our experience with the roach decided to eat elsewhere...

The front desk staff were very nice, however could not make up for our overall poor experience. We should have paid the extra cash and stayed elsewhere - will know for next time!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank MPSchmikey
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear MPSchmikey,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I apologize that you did not have a good experience with us, as we would like every guest to. On the weekends, our crowd is more leisure minded, but folks are usually here for sporting events, or to visit all of the great cultural attractions around us. I apologize that you had rowdy loud guests staying near you. I also apologize for the service issues you encountered with staff. I take your comments very seriously. Please contact me so we can make it right. We would love to have you back so you can experience what the Artmore is truly like. Please call me at 404-801-5212 or email mara@artmorehotel.com.

Regards,

cincinnati
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We used Tripadvisor to select the Artmore. My husband called for a reservation the evening before we were to arrive, and they must have had rooms to spare because the desk clerk gave us an excellent discount with our AAA membership (including free valet parking and breakfast.)

We loved the decor! The hotel is in a 1920's apartment building and has been beautifully renovated and decorated. The lobby and rooms are adorned with photos of uber cool classic celebrities such as Audrey Hepburn, Elvis, Bob Dylan.... Our room was a suite--two stories, with a large sitting area downstairs and a lovely loft-like sleeping area and bath above. It was very quiet and comfortable. The only "complaint" would be that the bathroom was small and a bit barebones, but it was clean and functional and modern.

There is a nice bar downstairs, and we ended up enjoying their menu and wines for our dinner. We shared the brie platter and the crab cake salad, and both were delicious. Breakfast the next morning was perfectly adequate.

It's the perfect location for a visit to the High Museum of Art or a night at the symphony.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ilovebirdsky
Dear ilovebirdsky,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Artmore. I am happy you enjoyed the room decor, the bar and the food; the brie plate and crab cakes are two of our most popular dishes.

I look forward to sharing your review with the rest of the staff and we hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels and Hurry Back!

PI, SC
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We only spent one night, but it was a good one! Arriving way before check in time of 3:00 PM, they accommodated us by giving an early check in. They also allowed a later check out. Breakfast was included and although not spectacular, it was good. The front desk was very helpful. The room was perfect and quite comfortable! The valet attendant was great! I would not hesitate to stay at the Artmore again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Debbie P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Artmore. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I will share your review with the rest of the team.

We look forward to having you stay at the Artmore again.

Hurry Back!

Centerville, GA
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband surprised us with a three night stay at Atmore. We truly enjoyed our stay here. The staff was was very friendly and helpful. If we needed anything for our room, they responded quickly and in a professional manner. The rooms were nice and clean. Special thanks to Helen for the hospitality she showed us during breakfast. Thank you for a great place to stay!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Letitia W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this excellent review. I look forward to sharing it with Helen and the rest of the team here. I also look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore soon!

Thanks again!

Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking to get away from the hotel chains, this is an excellent option. Greatest asset are the fun and helpful staff, the cool and hip lobby bar area, and the unique fountian with a fire on top located in the outdoor courtyard. Enjoyed watching the dancing flames with my date on valentines evening. Very romantic.
The rooms themselves are fine, aided much by a small fridge and microwave. Only real dissapointment was the bathroom, which is quite small, and does not quite match in quality the fit and finish of the other areas.
I would come back. Great location and fun hotel.

marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Stendec,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and that you like the location and had fun at the Artmore.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Travel Safe!

Warm Regards,

Newark, Delaware, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had a great stay so much so i'm still here as i write this reveiw. Breakfast was great every morning. Pamela and Helen were very nice and helpful. They where the most Professional !!
great job Ladies. See you next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Dante C for your review! I am so happy you had a great experience with us. I have shared your review with Pamela, Helen and the rest of the team.

We look forward to having you back here as quickly as possible!

Travel Safe!