1,894 results
All reviewsfire pitcenter stageloft suitearts districtmarta stationatlantic stationapartment buildinghigh museum of artgreat boutiqueunique hotelvalet parkingchain hotelsfull kitchenmini barmidtown locationpiedmont parksitting area
Reviewed November 26, 2012

WARNING REGARDING 2 BR SUITES:
Some have 2 baths some have 1 bath. You have to call and ask for 2 baths if you need it. I called and asked if the 2 BR Suites have 2 full baths. I was told yes but not told not all do. So I made a reservation on line (this should be explained on-line!). When we went to our room it only had one bath. Thankfully, another one was available and we moved. Our room had a king and very small full bath on 1st floor. Upstairs was a queen and very large full bath with a beautiful sky light view! The living area/kitchen had a full couch w/bed, table and but only 2 chairs. We requested 2 more chairs. Very nice appliances!

Breakfast: Excellent with lots of hot and cold choices! Our rate included breakfast. The dining area is in the basement. I'm gluten free and had plenty of things available to eat (eggs, breakfast meat, grits, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal)

Fitness Room: This is one of the main reasons for 4 stars. The equipment is so pathetic that they should just close up the room. Our family goes to the gym regularly and know sad equipment when we see it. The stair master was probably a "seen on tv" purchase for 19.95. My husband is a large man and would have crushed the treadmill. However, there are LA Fitness centers near by for $15 a day and Piedmont park is very close. It has a great 1/2 mile running circle with a soft track! You can't beat the view!

Location & Restaurants: There are so many great things within walking distance like the High Museum and Center for puppetry arts (went to both) and many others within just a few miles. The Marta train is right across the street and a free shuttle to Atlantic Station leaves from there frequently. Takes less than 10 min. Atlantic Station has anything you need from a grocery store, entertainment, restaurants, and shopping. There's a yummy/cheap pizza place (Da Vinci's) very close you can walk to. They have gluten free pizza! They also deliver.

Noise: Some people complained of street noise. Hello, you are right in the middle of downtown in a really old building. Expect some car/street noise. However, nothing was so loud that we couldn't sleep. We could hear people in the courtyard partying, but it was not obnoxious. We were on the 3rd floor so that probably helped.

Our family of 5 stayed for 4 nights and overall it was an excellent stay. I would recommend it because of price, atmosphere, clean rooms, mostly great service. They were a little slow on a couple of requests like the chairs but we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Kirk W, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Mommovesfast, thank you for taking the time to complete a reivew of the property. As you stated we have options for various nutritional needs and are glad that you were satisfied with the options. We also thank you for your feedback regarding the gym equipment, our location and area amenities available to our guests.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I chose this hotel to visit Atlanta for the first time because of its great reviews. But, I don't feel it's as good as everyone says (and I'm not one of those people who likes to complain). The check-in was easy and I was able to do so early (at 1:30pm), but after 15 minutes of being in my room, the housekeeping manager walked in without knocking to check on the room, which was startling. She apologized though. They also forgot to include some things in my bathroom, which I had to ask for. Then, when I went to get a drink at the bar at night, I waited 20 minutes before leaving and after ordering from a very rude girl. While I was at the bar I heard a customer say to the bartender that she had been waiting 45 minutes for her food.

Obviously my initial impression of the hotel wasn't very good, but it improved. Most of the staff is wonderful (just a few bad apples). The breakfast was very good and affordable. One of the breakfast servers, Kaye, was awesome. She was so friendly and remembered me each day! It helped make my experience more personal. Also, the rooms were clean and the overall look of the hotel is nice. I'd say it's a good deal for the price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Kirk W, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your service experiences with us. We value all feedback and apologize for any inconvenience while at the bar. We will share your comments with all team members in an effort to improve service and commend those who met or exceeded your expectations as Kaye had.

Safe travels.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is the first time I have looked for rates to return to a hotel even before I finished my stay. I wished it was warm enough to enjoy the outdoor patio. I was wowed by the loft room. The kitchenette with a STOVE and almost full-sized fridge made me definitely think about future visits. The way the upstairs was situated was so relaxing and cozy. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel has good cable.

I ordered crab cakes and they were delicious though I wondered about the panini-like grooves. Breakfast (Thanks, Kaye!) was a full and fantastic treat after my walks and workouts. Turkey sausage, biscuits (I abstained but was impressed they were there), grits, and the coup de grace, homemade granola and low-fat plain yogurt. That's my favorite at home treat.

The staff were gracious and friendly. I only had one suggestion, that they have a list of routes to walk/run outside since I found out from someone else that Piedmont Park was nearby. The site is near shopping and art, if either of those are your thing.

The fitness center is small but adequate. The three cardio machines work, there's a bench and a set of nice weights.

What was also nice was the stairwells are open and clean and go from the basement, where the fitness center and club room are, to the third floor and it didn't feel like I was going behind the scenes.

Room Tip: If your knees can take it, ask for a room with the loft bedroom.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Travel42work, thank you for your feedback. We will share your comments about breakfast with Kaye and as a result of your suggestion regarding area jogging trails, all team members have been made aware of alternative jogging options in addition to our fitness center.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I picked the Artmore Hotel because I needed a room big enough for the small gathering that I was having for my 25th birthday. Check in went smooth. When I opened the door to the room, I almost let out a scream. The suite was AMAZING!!!! I had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite- 2 levels. It was beautiful. Everyone who came to the gathering couldn't believe what I paid for the suite. Checkout went smooth as well. I love the staff. They are there for you to answer your every question. The Artmore has exceeded my expectations. My friends and I are planning a girl weekend soon and have agreed to room at the Artmore hopefully in the same suite. Thank you so much, you made my 25th birthday a special one.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Tweety06

Tweety06, happy birthday and thank you for selecting us for this special occasion. You did select our largest room, our 2 bedroom suite, with 2 levels there is lots of room and we are glad that your celebration worked out well.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at the Artmore at a conference rate for a local company's meeting. The hotel is across the street from the subway (Marta) so its easy and cheap to get here from the airport. I arrived at 11am and asked to check in. The desk clerk called housekeeping and had my room ready in 15 minutes. Wow! The room was very nice and very clean. The hotel offers a great hot free breakfast. Free wireless was good too.

Room Tip: I was in room 329 which is a two story duplex suite for $105. Wow, again!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveling2525

Thank you for taking the time to share your service experience with all readers. We are happy to accommodate guests with early arrival needs whenever possible and are happy that you had a successful visit to Atlanta and the Artmore Hotel.

Safe travels until your next trip.