“The Artmore, Atlanta, GA”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #14 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Artmore, Atlanta, GA”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for a get together with friends. The hotel was built in 1924 and has retained all of the charm of that era. Our room was a one bedroom suite and the layout was great. The kitchen and living areas were downstairs and the bedroom was upstairs - with skylights in both the bedroom and bath! The best feature of the hotel, however, is the outdoor courtyard, with comfy furniture, cozy blankets and a big fire pit in the center. It is centrally located, with Atlantic Station nearby for shopping. The staff were helpful and professional. We will be returning!

Room Tip: Ask for a one bedroom suite with a living area - very nice
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear thebarngoddess,

Thank you so much for writing this review, and for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. I am so glad that you got to experience some of the things that really make the Artmore a unique place to stay. I look forward to sharing this with the rest of the team. Thanks again, and please hurry back!

Safe Travels,

Mara Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Greek first
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed December 14, 2011

The Artmore Hotel is a charming "boutique" hotel in a terrific convenient mid-town location.
I was delighted on a recent business trip to discover this funky (in a good way) little gem with it's art (naturally) and avant guard look and feel.
Rooms are cozy (this was an old "best western" motel) simple, but with many great touches.
You can walk to the High Museum or the Alliance theatre, with MARTA mass transit across the street.
The service was great, with an early check in and prompt response to needs.
Avoid the overpriced stale monolith "same old same old" sterile hotels surrounding this little place and check out the artmore.
I'm sure glad I did and will be staying there again on my next Atlanta trip!
Wonderful bargain convenient to Buckhead and many wonderful eateries.
Thank you, Artmore for making my trip easy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Dear John r,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay at the Artmore. I am so glad that you got to experience some of the things that really make the Artmore a unique place to stay. I look forward to sharing your review with the rest of the team. Thanks again, and please hurry back!

Safe Travels,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My fiance' and I stayed here during a weekend getaway and it is a great location for people who are not renting cars as it's right across the street from the MARTA station. The hotel itself is nicely decorated with Marilyn Monroe pictures and modern decor. The rooms and bathroom were very roomy and had everything we needed. The front desk was kind enough to call us a taxi for a restaurant that was far away from any MARTA station. The walls are thin and we got unlucky and had a room right by the bar area. We could hear people talking but nothing too loud and we still fell asleep easily. Mainly because they have a docking station for iPods so we just turned that on (great feature). Also we came back to our room around 3:30 after a day at the High Museum and found that room service had not come by to clean. We figured they skipped over us but around 4:30 they finally came by to clean the room. At that point we just wanted to rest without being bothered so we declined. I think they could've been more timely with their cleaning. Other than that, we really enjoyed staying here and would return but maybe ask for a room further down the hallway!

Room Tip: Just don't stay in the room immediately next to the bar.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear GatorGirl06,

Thank you so much for writing this review, and for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. I apologize that you did not receive Houskeeping service earlier in the day. I have shared your review with our Director Of Housekeeping; JD Ba and the rest of the team and we hope to see you again at the Artmore.

Yours in Hospitality,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I've stayed at the Artmore Hotel twice now and both experiences were great. The hotel is centrally located in Midtown with a MARTA rail transit station one block away. The midtown area offers some of Atlanta's best spots for incredible food and fun things to do. I love how the hotel is retro style with lots of iconic images from the 50's and 60's. No two rooms are alike I'm convinced. If you can spare the money, ask for a room with a jacuzzi tub. It's definitely worth the extra money after a long day exploring the city. The bar in the hotel as well as the sitting area in the courtyard provide a great setting to sit and grab a few drinks. The staff was always courteous and I really enjoyed staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West Side of the building are farther away from West Peachtree Street and the noise fro...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Dear JJ Shannon 3,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at the Artmore. I am so happy you have stayed with us twice. I have shared your review with our staff and we look forward seeing you again.

Hurry Back.

New Jersey
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I really liked the Artmore. The staff were very nice (even offered to loan me an umbrella when it was raining), the rooms were charming, technology worked and was free, and the beds were comfortable. My only complaint was that there was a lot of street noise where my room was. In particular, garbage was being collected at 2am outside my window and I heard it clear as a bell. Location was very convenient, rates were reasonable, and I would definitely come back if I need to be in the area again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
La Vergne, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We had a wonderful stay at this attractively wonderful and charming hotel. The front desk clerk Nick, was especially helpful in recommending restraunts and sights for us to see in the area. I loved the proximity of the hotel in relation to the attractions of the city. Staying in the Artmore we didn't have to worry about fighting the horrific Atlanta traffic. The hotel courtyard is very charming, especially with the glow of the fire, I found myself relaxing there quite a bit. The rooms are very nice, well appointed, and nicely decorated. I can't wait to book my next room there!!

Room Tip: For a family of four, OR friends traveling, Nick recommended the two bedroom suites. We stayed in 2...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Carl N,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am so glad that you got to experience our lovely courtyard and enjoy the unique fire fountain. I look forward to sharing your reivew with Nick and the rest of the team. Thanks again, and please hurry back!

Yours in Hospitality,

Cary, NC
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We had a really nice 2 bedroom, 1 bath suite with kitchen for only $159/night (plus lots of taxes, fees, parking). One bedroom had a king, the other 2 doubles, so it worked out great for our family of 4 with teen boys. The hotel is older, but we like using the stairs and walking the distance to get to our room. The rooms were very quiet. Bathroom was older but clean. Kitchen was big (and not really necessary) - full size stove/oven and fridge. Could have used smaller appliances and put in more chairs. Internet didn't work on our iPads and sporadically on the lap top. Fitness center was terrible - only the treadmill worked. Location was safe and right across from Marta stop, but not much else. You can stay closer into midtown for better access to nightlife/shops. We ate at the Davinci's (?) pizza place down the block and Einstein's Bagels is 2 blocks down on 14th. The High Art Museum is right across from the hotel as well.

Room Tip: If you need a suite, ask for the 2 bedroom suites.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family