1,894 results
All reviewsfire pitcenter stageloft suitearts districtmarta stationatlantic stationapartment buildinghigh museum of artgreat boutiqueunique hotelvalet parkingchain hotelsfull kitchenmini barmidtown locationpiedmont parksitting area
Reviewed July 30, 2011

All the positive review of this hotel prompted me to reserve a 4-nights stay in this hotel. I had a horrible experience. First, the internet was not working for most of 4 nights. I had a terrible time trying to use skype to make emergent international calls, due to the internet problems with both wireless and cable in the hotel. The internet guy at the first night was nice and trying to help, but all the rest of staff did not care at all about my multiple complaints of their internet every night.

Second, the place was very noisy. They had court yard music every night, and it lasted until 1am on Friday night. I had to call the front desk to complain, and they finally turned it off around 1am, but then it got turned on again for another 10 minutes.

Third, the hotel floor is not sound proof. The people upstairs moved around all night (from midnight to 9am), and the squeaky noisy from the floor kept me from sleeping all night.

Fourth, most of the staff is not helpful at all, except one internet guy and a few others. The front desk woman was very rude when we asked about a restaurant. She replied "Nobody knows what you are talking about."

Finally, the hotel was renovated with nice decoration. However, they were too cheap to put nice pictures. If you walk around, you can see the same pictures with Marilyn Monroe and Elvis repeated in the hallway, stairs, and everywhere. Even in my hotel room, there are two same photos about Marilyn.

Overall, I will never recommend anyone to stay here, and I am not sure how can this place get such a good review on the web.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank Travel_The_World_Jia
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Dear Travel_The_World_Jia,

I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience at the Artmore. We work hard to exceed the expectations of all our guests, and clearly we failed in doing so this time. There were several things that went wrong during your stay, and I would be happy to personally address them with you, and in additional, I would be very happy to have the opportunity to make this up to. Please contact me when you have a moment. Again, my apologies.

Best Regards,

Michael Halpner

Reviewed July 24, 2011

I stayed at Artmore with my husband and another couple We shared a room. The suite was way bigger than what I expected. Two levels - kitchen and sitting area on level 1 and 2 individual bedrooms with 1 bath on level 2. Most guests I'd say were under the age of 35. Courtyard was great - beautiful and shaded. It was too hot for us to enjoy the time outside, but spring and fall would be beautiful. Valet parking was quick and easy. We found an online deal that comped breakfast and parking.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank bbear8
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Last year we were in Sobe and loved the Art Deco style hotels. We were flying from Atlanta to Cancun and decided to play tourist for a day while there. I found the Artmore just looking through hotels and so glad we did. It is so much like the boutique hotels in South Beach. Great reception from the staff. Very helpful with maps and directions. Very classy old rooms updated to our taste. View- not so good but didn't come to stare out the windows. Really fantastic patio/veranda with comfortable seating. Grab a drink at the bar and step out to enjoy the laid- back atmosphere. Breakfast was $10/p but when we had a look we backed out as it resembled the fare at a breakfast included chain(you insert a name). We felt bad for the cook as she greeted us so warmly but we were wanting a more substantial meal before a long flight. Very affordable place to stay Midtown.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jamesgangx5
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Due to a broken AC at our home, we spent four nights this week in hotels. Two of those, we were at the Artmore at the suggestion of a friend. I love being reminded of all the reasons why I love boutique hotels. The staff is personable - front desk, bartenders, housekeeping. They were very accommodating and receptive to my overly-dramatic 6 year old, joking around with him and making sure he felt included. After we checked out the first night and found that our AC wasn't going to be fixed again, I called and they were more than happy to welcome our family back. We utilized the bar (they make a mean shirley temple for the kids) and the breakfast. Everything was fantastic and they really helped us make our less-than-exciting displacement from our home, a mini vacation in our own city.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank JanaAnthoine
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Dear JanaAnthoine,
What a great way to start the day! Thanks so much for this fantastic review! Thanks so much for staying with us, and for taking the time to write it. Although I am sorry that your AC was broken, I am glad that you had the opportunity to stay with us, and to experience many of the things that make the Artmore a unique place. Please come back soon- we will have a Shirley Temple waiting for your little one!

Safe Travels,

Michael Halpner

Reviewed July 6, 2011

The room we stayed in was beautifully decorated and featured a comfortable bed. (No sign of bedbugs either which I know is becoming a huge issue with several properties in Atlanta.) We had no issue with noise, none. Our room was very quiet which was fantastic as we were tired from driving all day. The view wasn't great as our window faced the side of another building, however the location is fantastic. My husband and I were able to walk all over Midtown (between storms) and many of the places we planned to visit were nearby.
The staff was incredibly friendly, and knowledgeable of the area. If we had any questions about what to see/do/eat, they were able to provide us with lists and recommendations. The lounge staff were also incredible, we had a great time relaxing and chatting after a long day. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get away from bland corporate decor and poor customer service.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple