“Big comfort, great staff, nice atmosphere made my stay perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #17 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Quebec City, Canada
“Big comfort, great staff, nice atmosphere made my stay perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

The bed was very confortable. The suite was very roomy. The staff was friendly and always smiling. The interior court has a nice homey feeling to it. The bar had a great selection of Scotches. Free internet acces. I Liked everything about this hotel. We'll get back there for sure when traveling to Atlanta.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Dear Rene_Caron,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review, and share your experience of your time with us at Artmore Hotel. I am so glad that you had such a great time with us. I am looking forward to sharing your feedback with the entire team, all who work hard to ensure all of our guests leave us as "Fans of the Artmore"! please hurry back!

Best Regards,

Michael Halpner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

Reservations made through the internet was simple. All calls made to the hotel were handled properly. Arrival and check in was simple. Parking was valet which was simple and nice. The front desk area is noisy due to the bar being directly behind it. Which the noise was from music and I'm just assuming it came from the bar. I love loud music, but it was a bit much when checking in. MARTA is across the street and the art district is an easy walk for the average person that has "no limitations". The hotel is sleek and modern mixed with old charm. The halls are dark due to a nice, dark carpet and poor lighting. Our room was nice, but had it had a bad water stain on the ceiling that needs immediate attention. Our room had only a desk chair for sitting. Not sure if a more costly room would have provided a sofa or relaxing chair. Super nice and informative staff.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BITTERBUG40
Dear Bitterbug40,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad that you had a good experience with us. I look forward to sharing this review with the entire team. When you have a moment, please contact me, as I would like to address the issue with the ceiling in your room. Thanks again for the feedback, and please hurry back soon!

Chatt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

The hotel is in a great location (right across from Marta and within walking distance of some good restaurants). Check-in was uncomplicated. The hotel lobby, outdoor patio (with fireplace) and rooms were clean, well-kept and beautifully decorated. The towels were thick and fluffy, and we loved the free Aveda shampoo and body cleanser. We had a little kitchenette with fridge and microwave, which were perfect. We never could get the internet to work, though, even with help from the front desk.

I gave the hotel a 3 because the food from the restaurant/bar was terrible - some of the worst hotel food I have ever had. We would have eaten outside by the fire pit on the second day, if the food had been tolerable. We ended up walking to a restaurant, which was good, but noisy and crowed, and it wasn't the same as enjoying a meal outdoors in the comfort of the hotel. The candy/snacks in the room bar were expired. (We were able to get candy from the vending machine, which was fresh and cheaper by about a dollar each). Plus, there was no free coffee in the room. You can get free coffee in the lobby at certain hours, but we were up at odd hours and would have liked to have had coffee without paying for it. It was unseasonably warm and the air conditioner did not work. Our room stayed at 78 degrees whether the air was on or not. We asked the front desk twice to see if someone could fix it. They may have checked on it when we weren't in our room, but it was never fixed and no one could tell us what was wrong or what was done about the situation.

If the Artmore could tweak their service when problems arise, provide excellent food in the restaurant, check their snacks and provide free in-room coffee, I would be able to rate it a five. I would recommend this hotel, though.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear Lyzb,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am glad that overall, you had a positive experience with us at Artmore Hotel. It looks like there were a couple of bumps in the road, however, you still want to come back and stay with us, which is wonderful. I would really love to find out more about your stay, and which room you were in so we can address some of theses issues. I would also love to handle your return arrangements, so I can offer you a great rate, and see to it that your stay is perfect. Please contac me at your earliest convenience.

TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

I chose the Artmore because of location. I was looking for a hotel that was within walking distance to Midtown's Center Stage music venue, and the Artmore appeared to be only 1/2 block away. It was also directly across the street from a large MARTA station and within walking distance to some of Midtown's best places to eat. This location would allow me to do all the things I was coming to Atlanta to do without needed a car. Artmore fit the bill.

Imagine my delight when I walked from the MARTA station to see an adorable honey colored boutique hotel nestled among the skyscrapers of Midtown. The exterior was just beautiful. As we walked inside, we saw the gorgeous courtyard, filled with cushy lounges and a central fountain. Inside, the lobby was very modern and attractive and the staff were wonderfully attentive. We were waited on quickly, even though they were quite busy, and we received a room upgrade even though we didn't ask for one.

Our room was a 2 bedroom loft suite and it was exceptionally clean, beautifully decorated, and had every amenity I needed. Wonderful Aveda products in the bathroom, a big soft King bed (and doubles in the other room), and wonderful skylights that bathed the soft white, black, and red room in sunshine. There was a nice welcome kit describing the hotels services and locating some nearby restaurants as well as providing a menu of dinner items that could be ordered in the evenings from the hotel. We didn't order from this menu, but the food choices were great and the prices were nothing like typical room service prices. Very reasonable. The room had a great kitchenette. The mini bar included a huge assortment of soda, wine, liquors, beer, and juices in the fridge and a cute box with a lot of unusual items on the counter. Neat stuff like a sewing kit, a "repair kit" with bandaids and aspirin, Advil, and really great snacks.

The hotel bar is sleek and serves great drinks. You can take your drinks into the courtyard which is lit by a giant firepit and soft white lights in the trees. Blankets were laid about the cushy sofas outdoors since there was a slight chill in the air. It was a great spot to sip a cocktail.

We walked to all of our meals. Within a block of the hotel are several great dining choices and if you venture a few blocks, you'll find a ton.

We went for location and found a unique gem of a hotel. I will definitely plan my future trips to downtown Atlanta to include a stay at the Artmore.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Dear vhatfield,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share such a terrific review of your time with us at Artmore Hotel! I am so glad that you had such a great experience with us, and that you discovered that the Artmore is a hotel unlike any others. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our entire team. Thanks again, and hurry back soon.

Southfield, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011

My stay at the Artmore was good. Initially, I had a bad impression because one of the front desk clerks was a little less than helpful, but the other clerk picked up on it and was more than helpful. The location is GREAT...it's directly across the street from the "Art Center" MARTA station. There is also a free shuttle across the street that takes you to Atlantic Station...GREAT!! The courtyard is a great touch...you can sit at night with your laptop and a glass of wine and enjoy the fresh air.
The room had a nice trendy decor. It had a very comfortable feeling. The kitchenette area is a bit different with the sink being there instead of the bathroom, but still very cute. The bed was SOOO COMFORTABLE!!! The only issue I had was the cleanliness. It appeared to be quite dusty and certains areas neglected. The very trendy lamp covers were full of dusk and the desk area and countertop was in need of a good wiping. Overall, I had a great stay and would definitely come again!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Dear rajones81,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, as your feedback is very important to. We strive to make sure all of our guests are happy, and that they leave us as fans of the Artmore! I was glad to read that you did have a good stay, but I was disappointed to hear that the room has some cleanliness issues. I was very surprised in fact, because we know how important cleanliness is to our guests. Please contact me as I would like to find out some more information, and address this with you personally. Thanks again.

new york city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

There's something very special about this place. From check-in to check-out I met only the most genuine, most accommodating, non-pretentious staff of any hotel I've ever stayed in. Combine that with a beautiful product and I'm never staying anywhere else in Atlanta. The rooms were cute, well appointed, spacious (for New Yorker), and the shower was excellent - great water pressure, rainfall showerhead, and rosemary mint Aveda bath and body products. Also, the location is tops. It's about a 5 minute walk to Piedmont Park, and right across the street from Marta which stop directly inside of the Delta terminal at the airport.

What I really want to emphasize, is this hotel has the personality, individuality, and human interaction that is often lost at big corporate chains, and I strongly recommend it to anyone who appreciates those qualities in customer service/accommodations.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

Hi-
I just want to give a shout out to the Artmore Hotel. I was a great place to stay, I was in Atlanta for two sets of meeting, one hosted at the Artmore Hotel and one hosted at the Marriot Marquis. The Artmore Hotel did a great job of providing health meals and nice meeting space. It was located near a MARTA station so I could easily travel to the Marriot.
The Artmore Hotel is jogging distance to Piedmont Park and Peachtree Street.
They have a great little bar, provide a signature drink tasting every night and have a fabulous outside lounge with a fire-pit and heaters... I plan to return!!.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear BaciSelig,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience! I am so happy to hear about what a great time you had with us at the Artmore. I look forward to sharing this with our team. I am also glad that you left us as a fan, and that you will be back with us instead of the Marriott! Be sure to join Stash Rewards, a free membership program where you can earn points at other independent boutique hotels just like us! Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again. Hurry Back!