“Superb location”

Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
Ranked #63 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here on a Friday night in October. I booked the hotel through a Priceline.com name your own price deal (and got an excellent price, too). Easy to find in Atlanta, valet staff is very friendly and helpful as soon as you pull up. We self-parked after checking in and found that our room key wouldn't open the parking garage gate. An employee used her badge to get us in. After we went to our room we realized the key wouldn't work at all so back to the front desk for a quick activation and lots of apologies. Great customer service! Room was very big and clean. Great walking distance to good restaurants and bars in Midtown. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Heidi B, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review! I'm sorry you experienced a problem with your keys but am glad the staff was able to promptly resolve it for you. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Fantastic location, nice large clean suite. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay there again on my next trip to the beautiful Atlanta. Wi-fi was free and fast. Bed was really comfortable. There is free parking just around the corner, but they offer self/valet parking if you want.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the review! You're right, there are some surface lots nearby that are less expensive, however don't offer in/out priveleges, so it just depends on what your plans are which option is a better value. Both our self & valet parking options inlude unlimited in/out priveleges.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was in Atlanta for one night and stayed at the Marriott Suites in Midtown and found the location to be excellent, with a large number of bars and restaurants being within a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

My room was large and being on the 15th floor meant that I had a great view over the city, I also had a balcony, which was a nice touch.

My only gripe is that there's a $15 a day charge to use WiFi in your room, which I think's incredibly steep when you consider that most hotel chains, including those of a lower price point (e.g. Super 8, Days Inn, Quality Suites etc.) offer these services for free. The $22 guest parking was also a bit disappointing too (you can use the valet for, I think, $30).

Location's good, staff are friendly and my room was nice but Marriott should drop the extra charges to fall in line with other hotel companies.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views across the city.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

We appreciate the feedback! Yes, there is a fee for internet in our rooms but is offerred on a complimenary basis in our lobby and business center. We also offer packages that include internet that you may find a better value for your next visit. Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance in setting up your next reservation!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Marriott Suites Midtown and will return again next year...the rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. This quiet environment was relaxing and enjoyable. The staff and lobby area was welcoming and we enjoyed a peaceful weekend near shopping, restaurants and yearly meeting. We enjoyed breakfast @ Starbucks next door, because it was much less expensive than the hotel restaurant (no free breakfast). Definitely recommend to a businessman or family...

Room Tip: There are MANY less expensive breakfast in the one mile radius, if you wish to venture out!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Heidi B, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thanks for the great comments! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott Suites Midtown for a long weekend in September. The hotel was a very nice place to stay. No complaints. Clean, comfortable and quiet. The fitness center was small but useful and never crowded. Great indoor / outdoor pool. All members of the staff were wonderful - even when we accidentally drove off in the wrong rental car (who's fault ? Valet? Ours? Who knows!) I've learned to ALWAYS check the valet ticket from now on! Traveler's hint. The food in ATL was amazing. Never a bad meal - around the corner from the hotel is a place called South City Grille - within short walking distance - the fried chicken is amazing. Another place was Poor Calvins - Look it up - Must go ... This hotel is also close to some nice upscale shopping and the GA aquarium wasn't too far away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the great comments! I remember the situation with your rental car well and I'm so glad we were able to correct the error for you. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I travel just about every week and it gets old. The only saving grace is when I get incredible service and feel part of the family and that is exactly what happens when I enter this Marriott. Steven Rodriguez always greets me with a smile and asks how my family is, and is the first to assist with anything I need. Steven is one of the best front desk individuals I have had the pleasure of working with. But it doesn't stop there, Frank, Heidi are awesome. The Mohammed the concierge is always ready to help, and the food service folks Nikela, Dao, Ras and Saha all have made me feel like I am having a home cooked meal!! Being right next door to a Four Seasons, there is no question I will choose the facility over them any day!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

WOW! What great comments - thanks so much! Guests like you make it easy, we appreciate your loyalty - Happy Holidays if we don't see you before then!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was a big weekend for our family and we were all concerned about how we would be able to manage the lodging logistics. With our son getting married, and guests from all over the world attending, there was bound to be issues. I checked in with the valet upon arrival and was very pleasantly surprised by the reception. The bell captain could not have been more accommodating. Our stay was not only issue-free, but a very pleasant experience for all of our guests. Service was above and beyond the call of duty by the entire staff. We highly recommend this property to Atlanta visitors.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

We're so glad the wedding weekend went well! The entire team truly enjoys being part of a special event like a wedding and we appreciate you recognizing the team's efforts!