“Problem solved”

Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
Ranked #65 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I always call ahead of time to make sure my reservations are good. Usually a day ahead of time. So I was really surprised and shocked that when I go to the hotel my room was sold to another guest. They said they were fully booked even though my company had paid for my room and yet they sold my room away. I was upset and requested to talk to the manager on duty. After waiting and not moving till I got a room, the lady at the front desk realized the errors of their ways. She said the manager was actually in a room helping the cleaning staff get a room ready for me. Shandale who was working the front desk at the time realized my frustration and paid for my breakfast which was really good. Chicken fingers, omelet station and my favorite: GRITS. The restaurant staff was really nice. I feel that they made up for my loss at the time. Shandale did the right thing and made me much happier while they cleaned a room and I had a satisfying breakfast. I was in my room within 30 mins of arriving. I thought I was treated with care and understanding.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice and quiet because there is a buffer between your bed and the hallway.... Suites are S...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve B
Heidi B, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

I'm so sorry your stay got off to such a rocky start but am glad the team was able to turn things around for you. Thank you for the feedback - come see us again soon!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

the hotel is all king bed suites with a sofa bed in the living room. I've stayed there several times and most of the rooms have balconies as well. The best part is there is a solid door separating the bed room from the living room as well as separate entrances to the bathroom (which has both a tub and walk in shower) from both the bedroom and living room so it's perfect arrangement for families. There is also a wet bar and small fridge. The rooms are tasteful but not "trendy." The underground garage is directly accessible from the room floors and MARTA is only a few blocks away. The only draw back is the bar/restaurant area is quite small and doesn't offer much but there are plenty of other places nearby and it's perfectly located for the sites of ATL.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback - we appreciate it! If you have the need, we do have a very small number of suites with 2 double beds in the bedroom, and still the same sofabed in the other side of the suite. Cheers!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I am a rewards member + know what to expect from Marriotts.
This one needs to be looked at seriously by the organization.
The service is not professional. From the front desk to the lobby rest. , it is Motel 6 quality.
The room was dirty , wallpaper peeling off bathroom wall , + shower door handles loose.
We neded replacement glasses after the room was serviced , + it took 3 hours + 3 phone calls to simply get three glasses brought to the room - It was in the middle of the afternoon.
They did not even email the receipt to me or report the stay for points . I had to do that !!!
For 350 $ a night , I expect a little more !!!!
I reccomend staying at Four Seasons next door. This is where we usually stay , but it was full.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Oh my goodness - I'm dismayed to read of your experience! I'm so sorry you encountered so many issues. Please contact me directly at 404-876-8888 so that I may properly address your concerns.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago for business and must say, this was the best I've slept in months. It may have helped that we were working long hours, but I immediately noticed how comfortable the bed was and fell asleep within seconds. Service and rooms themselves were great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

So glad you enjoyed the bed and got a good night's rest! We'll have the same great bed waiting for you whenever you get a chance to return!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The suite was exactly what I had in my mind that I wanted. All was very clean and comfortable. All the attendants were well mannered and gracious during check-in and check-out especially the attendant named Gene who was especially helpful to me. The only issue was that I left a bag with 4 books in the lobby when I checked out and it took the lost and found dept 2 days to return my call concerning it and which they said it was not found

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here recently for a business convention. Location is okay but commuting to the Georgia World Conference Center was a challenge. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Biggest annoyance was the prices for add ons: $14/ day for Internet access, $3.50 for a bottle of water, and $10 for a bottle of beer in the hotel bar.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review - we appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed one night. Was satisfied with the quality of the suite/room. Pretty spacious. Room appeared clean and the bed was comfortable. There is a very small balcony. Not enough room to sit out there, but it was nice to have the door open and the sun shining in while I was working. Internet access in the room was expensive - $18.95 (plus tax) for high-speed. The staff in the lobby was friendly, but when the blowdryer broke, I was unable to reach anyone to get a replacement. I called the Operator, the 'At Your Service' button and dialed the main number from an outside line. All no answer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the feedback! For future visits, please know that we do have 2 levels of internet access, including a lower cost option at $14.95/day. I sincerely apologize that you were not able to reach anyone regarding the hairdryer - that is truly unacceptable, I appreciate you making us aware!