“What a difference, outstanding!”

Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
Ranked #64 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Saint Louis, Missouri
“What a difference, outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

After a terrible experience my last visit to Atlanta was I thought and hoped I wouldn't have to return. This time however I stayed in a completely different place and all I can say is outstanding! The folks at this Marriott couldn't have been more nice, helpful, pleasant, accomodating...just a great customer experience. They have a nice little restaurant that isn't pricey and good food, plus are just blocks away from other great restaurants.

I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a bad room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cindy D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Roma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed 1 night in Atlanta. The Hotel is situated in the right center, very close to the MARTA station, 15 minutes by car to the airport (20 by train). Walk distance from the Centennial Park and Coca Cola World. It's the right place to stay if you need a stop-over in Atlanta

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sergio12
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Ok so the hotel is in a great location! The staff were all extremely nice except for one lady when I first checked in, I got in very late due to my flight being delayed and she was just not very pleasant but the other staff made up for her attitude! My room was large and nice and the view was great. The only thing that I hated was the parking which was about 20$ a night and I was staying for 11 nights I tried to see if there was any deal I could get since I was staying so many nights I didnt see why I would also pay over two hundred just to park! However, they wouldnt budge so I actually ended up just staying two nights and moved to the hyatt which is FAB and the parking is free!! overall the hotel is nice and its a great price but that parking is ridiculous if you plan on staying long! I was here for business

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nantambi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Best hotel in ATL Midtown to stay!! Big fan of the location of this hotel for the local night life that Midtown has to offer. The rooms are great and the beds are really comfortable, especially the sheets! The staff is fantastic! Great hotel to spend my anniversary night at!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren C
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I always like staying in all-suites hotels, and the Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown was no exception, since you get so much more space for the money (ex. wet bar, desk area, living area, dressing room, balcony, etc.). The room was spacious and comfortable.

Things that I liked:
- Extremely friendly and personable staff, including the doorman, front desk clerk, room service staff, and the hotel restaurant staff.
- There were power outlets all over the room, including in the base of each lamp. I loved being able to plug in all my devices without having to hunt behind the curtains.
- Rather than a coffee table, there were two movable ottomans pushed together. I liked being able to re-arrange the furniture a little bit to suit my own tastes.
- There were lots of big mirrors.
- Tons of drawers for storage.
- Lots of pillows on the bed.
- 2 TVs: one in the living area and one in the bedroom.
- Balcony.

Things I didn't like:
- No free wifi, except for one hour of free connetion in the lobby.
- The worst hotel iron I have ever used. I was really worried I was going to ruin my suit.
- No robe provided in the room.
- The shower was a disaster. There was mold/mildew in the grout all over the shower, which was made SO much worse, because I had to press myself up against the wall in order to close the shower stall door, which was hung backwards (swinging inward instead or outward). The shower was the key reason I ranked this hotel only "average" instead of "very good."

Overall, I thought this was a very solid hotel choice in ATL. I would definitely recommend this hotel, except for the shower stall in Room #703.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank khp_infairfax
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Just what you expect from Marriott, Clean and modern. Great location right off the interstate. The only thing is you have to pay extra to park at their location which they failed to mention at check in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bandit5438
Heidi B, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
We apologize for the lack of communication regarding the parking charges -- thank you for letting us know.
Roswell, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

The experience begins the minute you pull up.....we always stay in mid priced to high priced hotels......this surpassed any hotel in the area of customer service to date. The Doubletree in Cleveland Clinic area is the closet second I can give but we were at the Marriott to get away for the weekend and to celebrate our anniversary, and not business so apples and oranges...they treated us like we were on our honeymoon.....Every employee stood out as exceptional but I have to give a special shout out to Troy, he made it his mission to ensure a great stay.....he met all the requests made for our room.....high floor, sunny and great view.....they were very busy but you always felt like you were their only guest...as mentioned it was our anniversary....later that evening they delivered this beautiful cheese/meat and wine tray right at happy hour time as a surprise......absolutely Troy's doing and it seem to make him as happy to do it as it was for us to receive it! So, start to finish this location was phenomenal .....would go back in a second.......also...walking distance to lots of places, but we walked to Pasta Da Pulcinella....the very best very best dinner I have had in YEARS! Great prices too but I would have paid double for this! Stuffed Beef Tenderloin......out of this world fantastic. Ok, back to Marriott .....easy check in....check out.....smiling, helpful people every where.....Boone, was our valet person....he was so helpful too.....studying to be a pilot .....hard worker and conscientious, refreshing to see....I don't know about you....but customer service is all but extinct, and I am not THAT old but it is nice to see younger people with this kind of ethic and values and not so entitled and snide.....ok that's another story for another day....I do have to mention this......valet $28.00 or self park $20.00.....not really cool....that's just too high and it makes it hard to feel good about tipping when they charge that much and those guys deserve tips....and also, they charge for WiFi.....tisk tisk........please visit Marriott Suites @ Midtown .....you will relax and you will enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, north view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Heidi B, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! Our associates pride themselves on making an impact our guests and I'm so glad they were able to do so for you. Rest assured that we've recognized and thanked the associates you referenced for their efforts.