“my favorite ATL Midtown Marriott!”

Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
Ranked #64 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“my favorite ATL Midtown Marriott!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Best hotel in ATL Midtown to stay!! Big fan of the location of this hotel for the local night life that Midtown has to offer. The rooms are great and the beds are really comfortable, especially the sheets! The staff is fantastic! Great hotel to spend my anniversary night at!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I always like staying in all-suites hotels, and the Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown was no exception, since you get so much more space for the money (ex. wet bar, desk area, living area, dressing room, balcony, etc.). The room was spacious and comfortable.

Things that I liked:
- Extremely friendly and personable staff, including the doorman, front desk clerk, room service staff, and the hotel restaurant staff.
- There were power outlets all over the room, including in the base of each lamp. I loved being able to plug in all my devices without having to hunt behind the curtains.
- Rather than a coffee table, there were two movable ottomans pushed together. I liked being able to re-arrange the furniture a little bit to suit my own tastes.
- There were lots of big mirrors.
- Tons of drawers for storage.
- Lots of pillows on the bed.
- 2 TVs: one in the living area and one in the bedroom.
- Balcony.

Things I didn't like:
- No free wifi, except for one hour of free connetion in the lobby.
- The worst hotel iron I have ever used. I was really worried I was going to ruin my suit.
- No robe provided in the room.
- The shower was a disaster. There was mold/mildew in the grout all over the shower, which was made SO much worse, because I had to press myself up against the wall in order to close the shower stall door, which was hung backwards (swinging inward instead or outward). The shower was the key reason I ranked this hotel only "average" instead of "very good."

Overall, I thought this was a very solid hotel choice in ATL. I would definitely recommend this hotel, except for the shower stall in Room #703.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank khp_infairfax
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Just what you expect from Marriott, Clean and modern. Great location right off the interstate. The only thing is you have to pay extra to park at their location which they failed to mention at check in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bandit5438
Heidi B, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
We apologize for the lack of communication regarding the parking charges -- thank you for letting us know.
Roswell, Georgia, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The experience begins the minute you pull up.....we always stay in mid priced to high priced hotels......this surpassed any hotel in the area of customer service to date. The Doubletree in Cleveland Clinic area is the closet second I can give but we were at the Marriott to get away for the weekend and to celebrate our anniversary, and not business so apples and oranges...they treated us like we were on our honeymoon.....Every employee stood out as exceptional but I have to give a special shout out to Troy, he made it his mission to ensure a great stay.....he met all the requests made for our room.....high floor, sunny and great view.....they were very busy but you always felt like you were their only guest...as mentioned it was our anniversary....later that evening they delivered this beautiful cheese/meat and wine tray right at happy hour time as a surprise......absolutely Troy's doing and it seem to make him as happy to do it as it was for us to receive it! So, start to finish this location was phenomenal .....would go back in a second.......also...walking distance to lots of places, but we walked to Pasta Da Pulcinella....the very best very best dinner I have had in YEARS! Great prices too but I would have paid double for this! Stuffed Beef Tenderloin......out of this world fantastic. Ok, back to Marriott .....easy check in....check out.....smiling, helpful people every where.....Boone, was our valet person....he was so helpful too.....studying to be a pilot .....hard worker and conscientious, refreshing to see....I don't know about you....but customer service is all but extinct, and I am not THAT old but it is nice to see younger people with this kind of ethic and values and not so entitled and snide.....ok that's another story for another day....I do have to mention this......valet $28.00 or self park $20.00.....not really cool....that's just too high and it makes it hard to feel good about tipping when they charge that much and those guys deserve tips....and also, they charge for WiFi.....tisk tisk........please visit Marriott Suites @ Midtown .....you will relax and you will enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, north view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Heidi B, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! Our associates pride themselves on making an impact our guests and I'm so glad they were able to do so for you. Rest assured that we've recognized and thanked the associates you referenced for their efforts.
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hotel has great rooms and amenities. Liked having a TV in each room. Front desk staff were courteous and helpful. Great location near the Metro. There are also great nearby restaurants. Look forward to staying here next time I am in Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tadeo_Muriuki
And we look forward to your return ...thank you!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

For my best friend's birthday we went to the Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown. We went during the winter so we didn't get a chance to swim in the outdoor pool but the indoor pool was a nice temperature although it was quite shallow. The room was quite spacious and we had a nice view of midtown Atlanta. Room service was very expensive (typical) but the food was awful! Wonderful location (close to all the shops and restaurants). Overall a wonderful experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay - come see us again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was in Atlanta for business. This hotel is in Midtown so downtown is just south and Buckhead is just north, so the location is great. Plus, Midtown is apparently an increasingly popular area to be in for the restaurant and bar scene. Either way, you are in the middle of everything, so it is very convenient. Plus the highway is only half a mile away. There are two options for parking. Self parking is $20 and valet is $28. The rooms are enormous but not priced any more than a regular hotel room. Each room has a large living room and work area, spacious bedroom, and large bathroom with separate shower and tub. There is also a small patio for every room. The food in the restaurant was good and always seemed fairly busy. Staff was nice for the most part but nothing overly special. If you are looking for a good, reliable hotel that offers spacious rooms in an extremely convenient location, I can't imagine there is a much better place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business