“Very spacious and inexpensive Atlanta hotel”

Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
Ranked #71 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very spacious and inexpensive Atlanta hotel”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was in Atlanta for business. This hotel is in Midtown so downtown is just south and Buckhead is just north, so the location is great. Plus, Midtown is apparently an increasingly popular area to be in for the restaurant and bar scene. Either way, you are in the middle of everything, so it is very convenient. Plus the highway is only half a mile away. There are two options for parking. Self parking is $20 and valet is $28. The rooms are enormous but not priced any more than a regular hotel room. Each room has a large living room and work area, spacious bedroom, and large bathroom with separate shower and tub. There is also a small patio for every room. The food in the restaurant was good and always seemed fairly busy. Staff was nice for the most part but nothing overly special. If you are looking for a good, reliable hotel that offers spacious rooms in an extremely convenient location, I can't imagine there is a much better place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank themizzo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Dallas TX
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a great hotel at a great price - near events and good food. The rooms are large (i had a corner) with great views, a little balcony, a "bay" window, large living room area and wet bar. It was clean, comfortably decorated and made for a pleasant stay. The staff were helpful and friendly. Great choice!

Room Tip: corner - 1616 or similar
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dottie dog
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Friendly staff, good amenities, great location.

Pros: Clean hotel, fast elevators, comfy beds, spacious rooms, nice gym/pool, self service laundry.

Cons: Pay for internet, pay for parking, pay for breakfast, one washer/dryer and must run dryer twice, 3rd floor smells like an ashtray - which is the floor that the gym/pool/laundry is on, you're not allowed to eat your own food in the "restaurant" area but you can do it in the "lobby" - funny thing is that it's pretty much the same area, we were told to move one table over.

Room Tip: Had a room across from the Ice Machine, it would make noise throughout the night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank outthayr
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here recently to attend a festival at Piedmont Park because this was the only hotel in the area that had suites that would suit our needs. It was a little farther from the Park than where we were used to staying, but the extra 1 1/2 blocks or so really was not bad at all. The level of service here is apparent as soon as you drive in. The staff never tried to push the valet service on us since we wanted to use self parking, and they still happily opened our doors and offered to help with bags. Also, when going into and out of the hotel, there was almost always someone there to open the hotel door for you. Normally this would make me uncomfortable as I usually do not like others going to the trouble of doing things like that for me that I can easily do myself, but the staff here did it so naturally and appeared happy to be helping, so it didn't bother me. The only time there was not someone was if they were all already helping other guests with anything they could.

Our suite was a decent size with a small private balcony and large bathroom. I like that the bathroom sink area could be closed off from the toilet/tub/shower area so that both areas could be used at the same time with privacy. The bed was extremely soft, plush, and comfortable. The room was very clean and stocked with good quality toiletries. Based on the space available, I wish there had been a slightly larger fridge, but the fridge was a standard hotel size, so I did not expect anything more.

The hotel is within walking distance to plenty of restaurants, shopping, theater, the MARTA, etc... so this location in Midtown is hard to beat. Would definitely stay here again next time we are in the area. This will most likely be the first place I check.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank swacer
Heidi B, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
We're so glad you enjoyed your visit - come see us again soon!
Raleigh
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Disappointing. Room was nice but TV remotes didn't work properly, curtains didn't close completely, shower door leaked onto bathroom floor, pocket doors to vanity area were difficult to operate, parking garage max height is 6'2". Parking situation really capped the weekend. I have 4WD pickup truck that will not fit in the mini garage. Hotel staff parked it the first day in a spot next to the taxi waiting area where it proceeded to turn into a leaning post for the taxi drivers. After using it and returning to find the spot they had put it filled by something else, I left it in the same spot that other, larger vans were parked. We were going back out in 60-90 minutes. Hotel staff called the room to tell me that I could not leave the truck there and they would be up to get the keys to move it. They never showed up but when we went down to leave, they greeted us with a 'you cant park here, next time, leave us the keys' speech. When we returned later, non of the hotel staff would touch the truck unless it was classed (and charged) as a valet park. Tell me to leave you the keys and then refuse to take them?? Nice approach. Regardless, the $20 parking charge showed up on the folio. Similar to the adage about owning a boat (the second best day in the life of owning a boat is the date you sell it), utlimately, leaving was the best part of the stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is close to several businesses as well as a mall. Several restaurants are close by as well. The suites were spacious and modern. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I left my comuter in my car and the valet ran back to get it when I asked how I could get it back. Good service! I only had one complaint about the stay - the maid did not appear to vaccuum the floor very well at all as there were toenail clippings on the floor. Yuck! I was able to overlook this one item as the rest of my stay was nice. The workout area was spacious and well-kept.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We recently stayed here to be close to both Midtown and Virginia-Highlands.
The staff was obviously well-trained--friendly, helpful, and approachable. The only minor snag was that our key-cards did not work, and they were apologetic and prompt at correcting that.
The room, as severa; have mentioned, is well-planned and makes good use of the space. It is worth asking for an upper floor room when making a reservation just for the view. Bed was comfy, and a nicer bathroom than other Midtown hotels that are more expensive. Spend the money to include their breakfast with your room. LOTS of fresh fruit, regular buffet breakfast items, and made-to-order omelettes and eggs + fresh waffles. Honestly, it was wonderful it to NOT have to go outside the hotel, especially b/c the buffet was excellent.
Checkout was easy; you can do it via your TV, and valet service was very good. (Hey, this isn't a Hampton Inn in the 'burbs. It is worth a few dollars to have them park your car and bring it to you, in my opinion.) Valet service is billed to your room, per day.
Prices can vary; my nephew paid about $30 less than I did, with his military discount. I used my AAA. Both were still less than the usual "travel" or Marriott websites.
I recommend this to anyone staying in Midtown who wants a decent room, good service, and a good location. It is apparent that this hotel staff is well-trained and well-managed.

Room Tip: 10th floor or above; ask for room away from elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the kind words -- we're glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Atlanta!