“Great service!”

Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
Ranked #71 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
“Great service!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

From the moment I walked in, I was greeted by _every_ employee...and this would continue thoroughout the stay. Special Kudos to Frank at the front desk who knows how to treat guests well and recognize Marriott Rewards status.

Atlanta is a big business city but isn't as touristy as some (and I'm a native
Atlantan!). The location of this property is, in my opinion, probably one of the best locations for touristy kinds of activities. It is in Midtown, which has become an upscale-hip area in recent times. The hotel is about 4 blocks from the arts center (symphony hall and the High Museum of Art), There is a Marta station about 3 blocks away, if you don't want to use your car, and it is just a couple of blocks off I-75/85 if you do. Piedmont Park is about a half mile from the hotel (a nice walk if its a nice day). The area is bubbling over with great restaurants and a vibrant and diverse nightlife.

My room was on a high floor and had a great view facing south-southwest-ish. All of the rooms are large (500 sq. ft., according to the web site) with the bed area separated from the sitting area by a couple of French doors. The bed it self had a soft thick topper on the mattress which felt fine for me, but my partner complained it was too soft. The bathroom is very large and opened to both the sitting area and the bedroom and had extra doors to close off the sink from the tub/shower/toilet area. There is also a wet bar with a small fridge. It is a very well thought out room, all in all.

There are two flat-screen TVs, one in the sitting area and a smaller one in the bedroom. There was a very good selection of basic cable channels and several were actually in high-def. The upper floors get wireless internet for free (but not the lower - go figure?). The wireless speed was decent but I was there over a weekend when the usual business traffic is gone so I don't know if it degrades with a lot of users.

There is an on site restaurant, which I used for breakfast. The buffet was quite good but a little pricey ($19 + tip). I did not eat dinner there, preferring to explore the neighborhood.

This area of Atlanta and this property in particular get a strong recommendation from me.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was clean, had comfortable beds, large rooms, good service and a convenient location for what we were trying to do. Great value - for the price, I would definitely stay here again in Midtown.

Dayton, OH
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a very good experience at this hotel. We made reservations with a crib for our daughter, and the crib was in the room and set up when we got there, which was VERY nice. The location was not far from the Arts Center and the Arts Center Station, which made it convenient. The beds were comfortable. Everything was clean. We had room service on several occasions, and the food was just ok. We had to send back our hamburgers, because they were not cooked well at all and actually made me sick for the rest of the night. We ate at the restaurant downstairs, and the service was good, but the food took a REALLY long time. The staff at the front desk was excellent, and everyone was extremely friendly, especially to our 1-year old daughter. I would stay there again. Just mixed reviews on eating there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed in the Marriott Suites for two nights over a VERY busy weekend that featured TWO college football games, DraginCon, and a NASCAR Race. Needless to say, all hotels were booked solid! But the property is in a GREAT location, nestled in downtown Atlanta in the Midtown district. The Marta (the city subway) was only a block walk, and lots of restaurants, clubs, etc only a 5-10 min walk.

The property itself was great: clean, equipped, and very comfy (I actually looked at the mattress brand as I want to buy one myself)! The valet and check in staff were very nice and quick to serve, which was great. The restaurant staff/bar staff was a bit slow (25 min wait for a burger, a BIT long as we were the only one's eating), which was the ONLY reason I didn't give 5 stars!

The price was reasonable, especially for the location and comfort the hotel offers, I will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: There are 19 floors, I stayed on the 18th, the views were spectacular! The higher the floor the bett...
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you are attending events in Downtown Atlanta you can’t go wrong staying in a nice Midtown hotel such as the Marriott Suites. The hotel is located one block from the Arts Center Marta station so is a very quick ride to anywhere downtown you need to be without the traffic and parking hassles. The hotel is also a nice walk to Piedmont Park for your morning jog to work off the dinner from the previous evening at any number of wonderful Midtown restaurants.

The hotel itself is a standard Marriott Suites with a separate bedroom, a nice sitting area and a small wet bar with a mini refrigerator. It is located between West Peachtree and Peachtree on 14th street and is far enough away from the Peachtree noise to offer a good nights sleep. The bathroom is very well appointed with a separate shower and tub and the vanity is outside of the bath / toilet area which makes rushing to get ready easier if sharing the room.

The staff was wonderful even on one of the busiest weekends in Atlanta and we didn’t have any service or room issues for the entire four day stay.

We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

From the moment I walked into the hotel lobby to the moment I left they pampered me and made me feel so special. From Shalame at the front desk, Trina who took care of my husband's florist requests to Yolandra who got me settled into my rooms - they couldn't have been any nicer.
And btw, a little secret, if this is how they treat someone using points I can't imagine if I paid (just kidding - I don't think it could have been any better)

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My room was a king suite with a city view. My city view was the roof top and nothing else. My room did have a balcony which was nice. The room smelled of perfume VERY heavily and it gave me a horrible headache all three nights I was there. The room did have a small fridge but no microwave. The bed was comfortable.

The best part of this hotel is definately the staff. They were absolutely WONDERFUL & helpful. Everyone smiled and answered all my questions and offered to help me. I actually went to the bar and ordered food to take back to my room. The food was great as well.

This stay would have been above average if it had not been for the perfume smell in the room.

Room Tip: If you want a city view, get a higher room. My room was on the 5th floor and I could not see anythi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business