From the moment I walked in, I was greeted by _every_ employee...and this would continue thoroughout the stay. Special Kudos to Frank at the front desk who knows how to treat guests well and recognize Marriott Rewards status.
Atlanta is a big business city but isn't as touristy as some (and I'm a native
Atlantan!). The location of this property is, in my opinion, probably one of the best locations for touristy kinds of activities. It is in Midtown, which has become an upscale-hip area in recent times. The hotel is about 4 blocks from the arts center (symphony hall and the High Museum of Art), There is a Marta station about 3 blocks away, if you don't want to use your car, and it is just a couple of blocks off I-75/85 if you do. Piedmont Park is about a half mile from the hotel (a nice walk if its a nice day). The area is bubbling over with great restaurants and a vibrant and diverse nightlife.
My room was on a high floor and had a great view facing south-southwest-ish. All of the rooms are large (500 sq. ft., according to the web site) with the bed area separated from the sitting area by a couple of French doors. The bed it self had a soft thick topper on the mattress which felt fine for me, but my partner complained it was too soft. The bathroom is very large and opened to both the sitting area and the bedroom and had extra doors to close off the sink from the tub/shower/toilet area. There is also a wet bar with a small fridge. It is a very well thought out room, all in all.
There are two flat-screen TVs, one in the sitting area and a smaller one in the bedroom. There was a very good selection of basic cable channels and several were actually in high-def. The upper floors get wireless internet for free (but not the lower - go figure?). The wireless speed was decent but I was there over a weekend when the usual business traffic is gone so I don't know if it degrades with a lot of users.
There is an on site restaurant, which I used for breakfast. The buffet was quite good but a little pricey ($19 + tip). I did not eat dinner there, preferring to explore the neighborhood.
This area of Atlanta and this property in particular get a strong recommendation from me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They say location is everything ... we have that and much more. Located in the Heart of Midtown (Atlanta's corporate & cultural center), the Marriott Suites Midtown caters to every guest. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, you can trust that all your expectaions will be exceeded. The Marriott Suites Midtown is within easy walking distance of museaums, theatres, nightlife (Crescent Avenue) and our city's finest restaurants, as well as the Arts Center MARTA station (Atlanta's rapid rail systm). We offer 254 spacious suites, each with a seperate living room, bedroom (with either 1 king or 2 double beds), oversized bathrooms with seperate tub & shower, voice mail, indoor/outdor pool, and 24-hour fitness center. We also offer Room Service and our own restaurant & lounge (Grille 35), open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily. The Marriott Midtown Suites embraces its roots in the finest in hospitality, Southern Style of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Marriott Hotel Midtown
- Marriott Atlanta