“Pleasant hotel in excellent location”

Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
Ranked #64 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
antioch, ca
“Pleasant hotel in excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

I highly recommend the Marriott Suites located in Midtown Atlanta. The staff was helpful and pleasant. Our suite consisted of two rooms--a lounge/office area and a king-size bedroom--separated by frosted-glass French doors. The bathroom was huge with a soaking tub and a separate shower. The bed was very comfortable and the 7th floor room was quiet. We did self-parking and it was easy to park close to the brightly lit elevator entry. After 8 p.m., guests have to swipe their room cards to gain entry to the elevators. The location is great--close to the freeway, but walking distance to the the High Museum and Woodruff Arts Center and other theaters. Many high-end restaurants are nearby. We did not have any meals at the hotel itself. We would stay here again. Marriott, unfortunately, does not offer free internet access.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from 14th Street.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Culver City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Cozy room with a beautiful bath and shower. Great layout with lot's of space for entertaining. Enjoyed the morning sunrise and city view.

Room Tip: Requested to stay away from elevator which was quiet and hotel had no problem checking me in during...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Lebanon, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

I checked in with a wedding party and the front desk employees were very gracious. The room was very clean and new and had a really nice view of the city. The beds are so comfortable and the bathroom was big. The well lit parking garage was big enough and safe enough that I wasn't worried about my car. The bride was staying in the hospitality suite and it was spacious and clean. Aside from the annoying neighbors who were up until 3am and LOUD, it was a great stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed at the Marriott Suites Midtown Atlanta after attending a play (14th St Playhouse is just a few blocks down 14th Street). Also nearby - great restaurants, High Museum, Goethe Institute, Alliance Theater and more! Atlantic Station and Georgia Tech a few minutes away. One bedroom suites - great bedding - very clean and comfortable. Hotel sits on 14th right next to the Four Seasons (for a whole lot less money!). 14th Street is busy.....which makes it safe when you're walking back from the theater....but a bit noisy at 2 am when some car with the bass thumping is stopped at the light.

Room Tip: higher floor have less street noise.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

There are a number of folks here who are trying hard--Melissa at the front desk and Anthony in engineering stood out. My suite was large and well-cleaned, and the room service was never more than 30 minutes and surprisingly good.

BUT, as has happened at several other Marriott properties (I'm a Marriott Gold with numerous Marriott stays), the wired Ethernet did not connect easily with my Mac. As before, I had to spend over an hour on the phone with iBahn (Marriott's ethernet provider) before they managed to connect me on their end. As usual, it took them over an hour to realize the problem was on their end, not mine--they needed to take my IP address and connect me. I checked in at 10pm, and spent till 11:30 getting online--just not okay. And then I could only get online at the desk, where the ethernet cable was. Supposedly, the rooms will be wireless in January--in the meantime, $12.95 for ethernet in the year 2011, with Mac connection issues? At least as a Gold I didn't have to pay the fee.

More seriously, I also had a very scary ride in the elevator: it stopped with a huge lurch and noise one floor below mine, the door wouldn't open--it was scarrrrrry. I was just trying to get someone on the phone when, with another huge lurch, the elevator went up to my floor. I immediately called the front desk, who clearly didn't care--I told them what elevator it was, and could tell they weren't even writing the info down, just droning "I'll inform engineering"--no apology, no concern, no nothing.

Wow--60+ stays at Marriotts every year, and I've never had an elevator experience like that--Midtown, for your own sake if not that of your guests, PLEASE examine the third elevator on the left!

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank leslie812
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

My husband and I used to stay here regularly when my daughter was a student at Georgia Tech. We always loved this place. As we visited more frequently to Atlanta, we started staying in an apartment near my daughter's place

Recently, I had the chance to stay here again after a long absence with happy results. The hotel is in great condition and still has great service. The room lay out is so nice for two people to have separate spaces for tv watching and sleeping.

I did not park a car but loved the location and the lay out of the pool area. The lighting in the bathrooms is so much better for aging eyes then what I had at the nearby Renaissance.

Great job Marriott Suites Midtown.

Room Tip: High up rooms could have a nice view of city lights at night.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
atb2
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

The hotel is getting a bit dated, e.g. carpets, however, we would definitely stay there again. Room was large, clean and had nice view of the area. My wife wanted to take the bed home with us. Very comfortable. The personnel were simply outstanding and all levels, whether the maid service, guest services desk, bellmen, cocktail lounge. I am stickler for wanting easy check in / check out. I could not have asked for anything better from this staff including them allowing us a late check out. We asked for recommendations of restaurants in area and they produced a nice three page list with brief descriptions of several nearby. Dining in immediate area was great. About a 10 minute walk to beautiful Piedmont Park and 25 minute walk to Atlanta Arboretum. We rode MARTA in to hotel from airport. This is areal "no brainer" with about a five minute walk to this property from there. Nice area. Next door to Four Seasons. We were there on a conference rate, so it was very reasonable. We will return.

Room Tip: They offered us an "executive suite" when we checked in so I have no idea. I can tell you...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business