“Perfect nights stay for a traveler passing through” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Ranked #72 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alamance County, NC
“Perfect nights stay for a traveler passing through”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

We were just passing through on our way to Birmingham. We got a great rate for this hotel using priceline. I was thrilled to find out that our bid had been accepted by this hotel knowing the Marriott brand's reputation for clean, comfortable and smoke-free rooms. We arrived late on the Thursday night and left the next morning. The hotel is conveniently located right off I-285 which was a perfect location for us. It is an older Marriott with smaller than average rooms (ok with me) that are showing a bit of age, but the room was perfectly nice and more importantly quiet, comfortable and in good working order. Our stay was lovely with absolutely nothing to complain about. We did not use any of the amenities, so I can't speak to them.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Wakefield, RI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

This is an older Marriott, about 20 years I am told. It shows in some places but still is a decent choice. I found the bed extremely comfortable but the rooms tiny, smaller then an average sized Courtyard in fact. Reading lights by bed? May as well not be there, it gives zilch illumination. Those are my only complaints. Otherwise, the location seems fine. Two good restaurants close by (Pappadeaux and Pappasito), others will be a short drive. The bar had a friendly atmosphere and the drinks were standard hotel prices ($8-12 glass of wine).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank edtoby007
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

I've visited a lot of hotels in my life. I'm in my mid 30's and have done some traveling - some for business, some for pleasure. On a whim, I decided to spend a night alone in a nice local hotel just to get away for a night and be in a different atmosphere, breakfast in bed, etc. This hotel met all of my expectations and more. I could not get OVER how friendly every member of the staff I encountered was. They even called to ask how my room service meal was. They are all about the details here, which I appreciate so much. My room was a nice size, the TV was large, great movie selection.....FREE WIRELESS (made my day, haha!), clean quiet pool, beautiful art on the walls in the room, huge, clean, soft comfortable bed, ice cold A/C, yummy bath products. Just everything you could ask for. Also - I booked through Hotwire, and they never once treated me like a "second class citizen" :). I would recommend this hotel to anyone, I hope they never change a thing, and keep up the amazing work. I will be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Athens, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

This hotel was perfect on all other aspects, except the size of the room. It was clean, convenient, check in was fine, lobby was pretty, lots of floors, but I just couldn't get over how small the room was. The pool was a hybrid indoor-outdoor. It was nice, but don't expect to be the only one there. I liked the fact the hotel had lots of entrances and exits - made it very convenient to get to your car no matter where your room is. We did get a nice rate, so if priceline places us here again, fine. But I'd prefer any of the other choices.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

Very nice service staff. I always feel welcome. The hotel has a great location and the food quality is the best around.

Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

This hotel was horrible. A bunch of teenagers came there on Friday night and they were running up and down the hallway until 1am. After talking to the top of my voice to the kids that there were other people in the hotel that needed their rest, that was 11pm. I had to call the front desk 9 times before security came asking where the noise was coming from.

I didn't get to bed until 1am after all the noise. I couldn't believe how a 3.5 star hotel didn't care about their guest enough to get off their tail and address the issue.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ester999
NW Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

Got a great rate of $62/night plus a $25 dining credit with a special that Marriott rewards was having. The rooms are a little on the small side, but it looks like they have been recently redone. I was on 8th floor, but still heard the pounding music from downstairs past 11pm. When I called downstairs, i was asked if I could really hear that. Yup. Even with the loud air conditioner going, you could still hear it. It even started again the next morning. I was told later that they had a battle of the bands going on. Nice.

Overall, I wasn't too impressed with the hotel or the staff. I would say that there are better places to stay in the area, but you can't beat the rate.