“Great location and Good hotel”

Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Ranked #70 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Solid Marriott hotel with great location for I-75 travelers. Stayed here several times, location is easy on and off interstate 75 and good dining choices around the hotel. Indoor pool for kids, nice comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
JackBrunsonJr, Guest Relations Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Cheapseater,
It is wonderful to read your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and I will certainly pass your kind words along to our staff. We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2009

Good acomodation, excelent condition, Buffet needs to improve! ... Their buffet is VERY LIMITED

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends

Dear Oscarponcet,
Thank you very much for your kind review. We hope you come back to visit soon, as we have completely revamped our buffet. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2009

Wonderful hotel -- amazing staff, amazing look.

Rooms are without microwave and refrigerators, but if you've got the money to stay here, you're probably going to want to eat at the fantastic restaurants downstairs. My partner and I had dinner at the Fire Grill (I think that was the name) -- wonderful service, great food.

The beds are soft and plushy, yet hold up well throughout the night. The rooms are clean with lots of A/V hookups for your laptops and video recorders or anything else you may need in the room while you're there.

Each room has a massive window with a great view of the city to serve as a backdrop for any photos or videos you have planned.

The breakfast room service is amazing -- the food is nice and hot when it gets to you, nd it was always on time. They bring it right into your room, so make sure and clean up anything you have laying around after they come!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank captain_skyhawk

Dear md,
Thank you for your response. We are glad you liked our fantastic rooms and the great views. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant as well as enjoying pleasant interactions with our staff members. We would love to have you stay with us again anytime.

Reviewed August 10, 2009

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. On Priceline, I was able to get the Marriott for $36/night, a great value. It is convenient to I-75 with free parking. The lobby area is nicely renovated, and the rooms are well renovated as well. The bed is very comfortable, there is a nice sized flat screen TV in the room that can be rotated to be visible from the desk, and, unlike many Marriott hotels, there is FREE wireless internet. The only minor issue is that some of the carpeting in the corridors is worn, but I came to stay in the room, not the hallway!

I would definitely stay here again for $36!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Luxury Link

Dear cchri1p,
Thank you so much for your review of your stay! We strive to make every guest’s experience a unique and memorable one and we are so glad that we can be your home away from home in Atlanta. We would be extremely excited to welcome you back and we look forward to your next visit to the peach state. We hope to see you again soon!
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed May 25, 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night during a visit to Atlanta, Georgia. I'm relieved that we only stayed for one night because the rooms were really small.
-The room had an old and loud ac unit
-They were having a car show that weekend, and my room happened to be on the side of the parking lot of the event, so there was constant noise throughout the night.
-The room was not large enough for 2 beds or my family. We would have had to room elsewhere if we needed a room longer than one night.
Overall, this is not your typical Marriott. I will stay at the hyatt next time. For the price I paid, I was expecting a lot more.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Dear travel0803,
Thank you for your detailed review. We sincerely apologize for the accommodation and location challenges you encountered. Please note that what you described is certainly not the standard here. Your comments have been given to the appropriate managers to ensure that a similar situation is not repeated. We have also complete a lot of renovation work since you last stay with us, which we hope you will find appealing.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, your feedback is truly valued. We hope that you give us another chance to exceed your expectations.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed May 6, 2009

The public areas were nice and appeared newly renovated. When I checked in, the front desk person asked if I wanted a king room or double bed. As my Rewards account specifies King, I was confused as to why I was being asked, but said King anyway. After being told it would be no problem, I ventured upstairs to find... a double bed room. I called downstairs and informed them of the mix up, but the person said that they had no King rooms available. How they sold out of King beds in the three minutes it took me to take the elevator, I don't know. The room's thermostat was set at 75, and it was quite hot. I moved it to 68 and headed out for a day of meetings. When I returned, the thermostat read 79. The AC was blowing hot air! I couldn't sleep in such a hot room. In the morning, I called in to complain about the air and they said they would send someone right up. When I came back from my meetings, the cleaning lady in the hallway told me that she had found my door left ajar and that she had closed it - so apparently the maintenance person left my door open. The air was still hot - it took a second, rather insistent call to have someone come up to check on it. It took him a few minutes, but he got it done and apologized profusely.
Aside from the room mix up and the heat, the only other concern I had was the wireless Internet. The front desk said that they no longer use wired Internet service, but their wireless was unsecured, open, and only offered a single access point that pulled in two "bars." It is incredibly slow and incredibly unsafe to be using.
The cleaning staff was incredibly nice and dedicated to making my stay great. The room service was tasty and rich, so no problems there. All in all, these few mistakes really ruined what would have otherwise been a very pleasant experience at a nice looking hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Dear RoamingKnown,
Many thanks for your valued feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear you had anything but a fantastic visit and would like to apologize for any miscommunication, as well as the improperly functioning AC that lead to your distaste. We'd love to welcome you back the next time business or pleasure brings you to the Galleria/SunTrust park area and hope we can make it up to you.

Reviewed April 2, 2009

As soon as I got to my room, I found the first of many disgusting encounters. I went into the bathroom, and was greeted by a silverfish. Disgusting yes, but limited to the bathroom so I could deal. I ordered a sandwich and soup from room service - both were inedible. The next morning I discovered that all of my belongings were covered in Ants. And also there was another bizzar critter scurrying across my bed. When I called the front desk, they noted they would have someone spray my room. By mid afternoon the problem was getting worse..thankfully they switched my room. Which was more or less fine until this morning when I discovered a small beetle like bug in my bed.

I can handle poor service, poor food, but I can not handle BUGS. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
atlno, Management at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2009

In response to the comment left on TripAdvisor on April 2, 2009 regarding the insect problem, we are shocked and dismayed to learn of this experience. This is certainly not representative of the level of service we try to extend to each of our guests. We have ongoing service by a professional pest control company and have never been made aware of a pest problem. This was a unique experience and we are willing to take every step to ensure that there are no reoccurrences.

We apologize that a guest has left our property less than satisfied and hope that we are given the opportunity to redeem ourselves.