“Storm Coverage”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Storm Coverage”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Tuesday January 28,2104 an unexpected snow storm created havoc in the middle of the afternoon for everyone and the hotel become a safe haven for hundreds of stranded travelers.. The staff on hand never lost it;s composure as this day turned in to a nightmare of epic proportions. The manager on staff (didn't get her name, and believe her to be the shift manager) went so far above and beyond the call of duty, she made her guests both with reservations and those of us that wondered in comfortable and welcome.. No one was turned away, they opened extra restaurant meeting and ballroom space for people to sleep in.and everyone on staff was beyond helpful, professional, and unbelievably accommodating. One can only hope and believe that this staff must provide extraordinary service under normal conditions because they certainly did during this unexpected and unpredictable circumstances. Congratulations to the Marriott and the staff at the Atlanta Marriott NW. hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed January 21, 2014

If you plan on any peace or quiet M-F 7am-6pm, forget it at this hotel. The hammering and sawing outside my window began before 0800. The smell of gasoline followed shortly after. Apparently, they care more about getting the money from filling the room than they do about the quality of your stay. When I complained, I was compensated with a free cup of coffee. Can you believe it?!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Auntiem99
Daniel F, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hello Auntiem99 -
My apologies you were woken up by roofing contractors on Monday morning. The roof is part of our $16 million renovation and were unaware they were going to be working on that section of the roof that morning. Additionally, we were advised that they would not start until 9am. I can understand that after an exhausting trip that a little additional sleep would have been nice and to be disturbed is unacceptable. I would like to invite you back in a few months once the renovation is completed to experience our hotel again in a better light.
Williamsville, New York
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I don't normally leave many reviews on hotels, but I felt like I had to give this hotel a break from negative reviews. With this said, I want to express that I normally stay in only 5 star or better hotels, but was placed in this hotel by the Waverly Atlanta after they overbooked their hotel for a convention I was attending. I was nervous because of the negative reviews I read here before I left, but I was pleasantly surprised when I entered the hotel and my room. This hotel is remodeling this year, but it is not dirty and the staff is wonderful. Some things are a bit dated like their hallways, and the bar area, but our room was clean and nice and it had everything we needed for a 2 night stay. They were very accommodating and drove us back and forth to the Waverly in their shuttle as we needed. We ordered room service both nights by hanging our request on the door for breakfast to be delivered each morning and it was sent on time and with a smile from the delivering staff. Bottom line is don't be afraid that your getting a terrible hotel. It may not be a top notch resort Marriott, but it is fine for a weekend, business trip or convention stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 617 and it was clean and comfortable.
1 Thank kimmariec66
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The rooms could use an upgrade. There was a sign in the room that said if the temperature was set below 70 degrees the room would freeze. That being said the hotel staff was very friendly even at 6 AM.

1 Thank Steve T
Hello and thank you for your comments about my team. Our dated rooms are going to be renovated this year beginning in April during our $16 million renovation. When complete we will have a great hotel with great service!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We checked into our room after a long workday and had a bit of a rocky start due to a minor room issue at the hotel. The housekeeping and front desk staff, Bianca, Cystral and Alyssa were awesome. The handled our situation, extended their apologies and gave us complimentary breakfast the next morning. The hotel is very clean, the beds are super comfortable and the staff is the nicest I've met in a long time. I would recommend this hotel for in Atlanta visit!

LaTisha

Oranjestad, Aruba
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel was a good choice. We stayed 4 nights. I have to recommend this hotel for its good service. staff is always willing and helpful. Rooms were small. I thought it would been closer to down town Atlanta but it was approx. 20 minutes. I find that there is not much going on around the hotel itself there is a Pappadeaux restaurant near and some Texmex restaurant but they were full when we went.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Visited the hotel for the Urban Soul NYE party. I would say that the advertisment for the party only gained revenue for the hotel and not the Urban Soul group. One thing I hate is false advertisment. But anyway we enjoyed the comfort of the hotel room's bed. My husband noticed that one of the big towles had been used and not changed out by the hotel Maids. He also discovered that a cleaning bottle was left on the bathroom floor of the bathroom. Access in and out of the hotel was good. Breafast was fantastic, the best part was the orange juice and the freash made omletes. I would go back just for a leisure trip but not for anything romantic. Hotel decore is pretty up to date so the hotel is not run down in my opinion.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria? Share your experiences!