“Very nice place to be at.”

Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Ranked #71 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I enjoyed the days i stayed in this lovely Marriot.Delicious rooms and service, joyful people i have to say, i was very surprised and pleased.Decoration, colors , type of so confortable furnture made my stay very happy when i wanted to go and read.

Room Tip: Well you do not get the view in any of them but it is just the place is so nice to be in it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Frank Q, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm truly glad you enjoyed the property and our team here! I hope we see you on a future visit to Atlanta!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here on business and choose the Marriott over the Hyatt Place. big mistake. I had to change rooms the 1st night because my AC was not working. They gave me free breakfast for two days. I ate breakfast one morning and it left a lot to be desired. The rooms are older and the hotel over all feels a bit dirty. I think it is just dated. I would not recommend this location with other options so close.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Melissa_615
Frank Q, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

I am very sorry to hear about your experience here. We do have a complete renovation in the plans for the end of this year and the A/C units are on the top of the list. I hope you will give us a try on a future visit so we can leave you with a better feeling about our hotel and service. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We needed a place to spend a night in the Galleria area of Atlanta. A Saturday night, that is. Traditionally the most expensive night of the week for lodging. We expected to pay an arm and a leg just to get a run down budget motel. But to our surprise, hotels.com listed this Marriott at $59. And we grabbed it.

We got everything nice we would expect out of a Marriott too. A comfortable room with a nice, soft bed and lots of pillows. And so many extras in the room. Friendly, flexible staff who went out of their way to might their needs. The bell man who worked Sunday morning (I cannot remember his name) worked very hard beyond his call of duty to bring our luggage straight from our room to the car so we had no work to do at all.

If the price is right, we would gladly stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us your feedback. WE appreciate your business and I hope we see you on a return visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I just got back from staying at this location over the Easter weekend. When we arrived the first night we had professional and fast check-in. We ate at the hotel restaurant and had good food and service. The next morning we had breakfast again at the hotel and the staff and food was great again. The issue came when we returned back around 9pm to only find we had fewer towels then we had the first night and when I daughter requested additional towels at the front desk she was told some would be sent up. After an hour passed I called the front desk and got no answer which I then called the "guest services" and requested towels again. After the third request around 10:30 again I called guest services only to be told again that she was sure they were on their way up. At 11:30 I went to bed with no extra towels. The next morning my daughter was able to get towels from the maid in the hallway. We showered and left for the day around 11:30, when I got back with a sick child at around 9PM our room had not been cleaned. I went to the front desk and requested towels since that was all that were our immediate needs. Again after 2 requests I called back to the front desk and demanded I was coming down to pick up the towels since it had been an hour and a half since I requested. I am not sure where the issue is at, however I believe it is the cleaning staff. I thought I heard the request come from the front desk about 15 mins after my request to someone’s radio on the elevator, however after an hour and a half still no towels. I was going to order room service this night however If I could not get towels then how was I going to get food to my room. I also know that there were other families near our room 356 that were not cleaned. I will never stay here again. I hope that if it is the cleaning staff that something is done to correct this since the other staff in other areas were great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank smlroadrunner

I am very sorry to hear about your experience here with our Housekeeping team. They are generally very responsive and in most cases very quick about getting requests handled. It looks like we dropped the ball with your request. We do have procedures for follow-up and it looks like we may have missed there as well. I will do some follow-up to your situation specifically and we will review this with our team. I was glad to hear that we did well on some of the experience, I hope you will give us a try again on a future visit. Please reach out to me and I will make sure you get the experience you expect from Marriott.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed two nights at this Marriot. It really could use an update.

Lobby: Looks like it was updated, but it is very dark.

Bar: LAME: The furniture is very uncomfortable and really could use an update. I was there two nights, the service at the bar was OK the first night. Second night was much better.

Room: This was the most disappointing part of the trip. The room was very outdated, it looks like some bandaids were in place to make it look updated. The bathroom was tight and the door to the bathroom kept hitting the shower curtain, very annoying.

Overall: The staff was very nice at the front desk, but the place really could use an update. The Marriot standards are not met here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It's too late for this visit, but, we do have a renovation in the plans for later this year. I'm glad to hear that the desk staff was effecient. I hope you will give us a try on a future visit so we can hopefully re-earn your confidence.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

From the website and pictures, this hotel appears to be beautifully decorated and up to date. Appearances can be very deceiving as I discovered first hand when I arrived at this 3 star full service Marriott. The 1970's style lobby hasn't been renovated since the hotel opened it seems. The restaurant was dark and gloomy with high prices and mediocre food. The hotel has both an indoor and outdoor pool with jacuzzi, yet the indoor pool was closed (supposedly for renovation) and I'm afraid that its still too cold to swim outside during March in Atlanta. The room I was given was in the older wing, and was very small with a very low ceiling, making the room quite clausatrophobic. The hotel seemed empty yet the parking lot was totally full and even the handicap spaces near the main entrance were taken, so we parked in one of the handicap spaces toward the back of the hotel. (but still located in the main parking area) I had to take my dad the next morning to a 7am physical therapy appointment he had so it was imperative that I be out of the hotel and on the road by 6am, I didn't make it. When I got to my car at 6am I found that my car was blocked in by a Tractor trailer semi truck, specifically a Pepsi Cola truck making a delivery to the hotel's service entrance who illegally parked lengthwise behind me (and 4 other cars as well.....see pic) totally blocking me in making it impossible to leave the parking space. When I realized that I was completely blocked in with no way at all to drive my car out, I attempted to locate the driver who was nowhere to be found so I went to the front desk and informed them of the situation and was told they would get it taken care of immediately; I returned to my car and after waiting for over 30 minutes with no driver in sight, I had to again walk back to the front desk and request yet a 2nd time that someone locate this driver who was making hotel deliveries. Finally at approximately 6:45am the driver appeared and moved his truck. Needless to say by the time I arrived for my dad's appointment, we were far too late for his therapist to work with him and had to reschedule for another time........ but were still billed for the original time we missed.

I was furious, and when I got back to the hotel around 9am I immediately requested to speak with the General Manager. I was approached by a very nice lady who at the time I actually did "think" was the general manager, yet I now realize the General Manager of this property is a man. I would like to say that the lady was very nice and apologetic and told me that for the inconvenience I experienced missing my appointment due to a hotel delivery truck blocking me in earlier that morning, she would credit my Marriott Rewards account with 1000 (one thousand) bonus points. She also graciously approved my 3pm late checkout request. I am not upset to find out that I didn't speak with the General Manager, but I am upset that whoever I spoke with did not even bother to follow thru with crediting me those measly 1000 bonus points. The only point credit I received from this hotel was for the money I spent in the restaurant on dinner. I booked thru Hotel Tonight which I assume is why I didn't receive points for the price I paid for the room, fine, but to be promised 1000 points as an apology for what I went thru and then not even end up following thru on that!!!!!!........ well to me thats simply pathetic........

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel completely and instead stay at the Sheraton Suites
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Frank Q, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

I am very sorry to hear about your experience while at our hotel. The Pepsi driver has been spoken to and we have evaluated our delivery procedures. I will do the research on whom you spoke with and we will follow up and deposit the points that were promised. Please reach out to me so I can get some additional information including whom you spoke with for me to follow up. Our hotel is planning a renovation for later in the year, I hope you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times when in Atlanta for baseball games, concerts, etc. Convenient location. Rooms have always been clean and comfortable. Indoor/outdoor pool and fitness room. Also, great seafood kitchen close to hotel. Planning to stay again in June this year for a birthday weekend celebration in Atlanta.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank You for your feedback. I truly appreciate hearing from guests who have had a great experience while staying with us. I have a truly fantastic team here and they make my job easy for the most part. Please call me prior to your birthday celebration in June and if available I'll try and get you an upgrade!

Go Braves!