“Older hotel with lots of cosmetic face lifts”

Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Ranked #75 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edina, Minnesota
“Older hotel with lots of cosmetic face lifts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

An older hotel with a bunch of cosmetic refurbishments that is very busy.

I had a king room on the 4th floor. The room felt small and cramped with a small older bathroom tucked back behind the bed, a very unusual room layout that exacerbated the small feeling of the room. I was on business with a group and we had a pretty good rate -125 with breakfast- so perhaps we got the smaller rooms. Mine was right next the the elevator. Quality and ambiance a little below your typical Marriott.

Breakfast was included and they had a decent buffet in the hotel restaurant

Room Tip: Shoot for upper floors and avoid rooms close to the elevator
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Frank Q, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank You for your feedback. I know the rooms you are speaking of, some people love them, most do not. We are set for a renovation this summer and hopefully the older feel will go away. The room design will not change. Please call me if you are here on a future visit and I'll be glad to make sure you are in one of our other room layouts.

Be safe in yor travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Libertyville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our trip to Orlando. This hotel is really good. Front desk agents are very friendly. Room is not very large but big enough for my family trip. There service people in concierge lounge is really kind. There is a guest laundry room at 1st floor. I have not seen that in other Marriott.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Frank Q, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking a few moments to pass on your feedback. I will pass on your kind comments to our staff. People make all the difference and I have a great team here! I hope you had a Great trip to Orlando and we hope to see you on a future trip!

Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here, everything was right around the corner for restaurants, shopping centers, and even Dave Busters. My only thing was for local calls they charge $1; per call in which they didn't inform me of this information at the time of check in(for this reason, could have had an excellent). They have two restaurants available for your convenience. If need a refrigerator be sure to request upon check in. For the ladies...please be careful while doing your hair....LOL, their smoke detector is very sensitive...lol but the beautiful thing is that they would call your room to make sure everything is alright...that was GREAT FOR ME, I was scared. Love the fact that housekeeping would make sure the your room is good, if you need extra towels and ice (since the ice machine was currently being work on). I would stay here again.

Room Tip: My only thing was for local calls they charge $1; per call in which they didn't inform me of thi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Frank Q, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking a few moments to provide us with your feedback. I'm sorry about the smoke detector, we upgraded them in 2011 and we have seen more sensitivity in the new models. Safe is better I guess, but I'm sorry that it freightened you. I'm glad to hear that the staff responded quickly and made you feel comfortable. I will pas your feedback on to my team here and let the housekeeping team know that their service made an impact!

Thank you again and be safe in your travels!
Sterlington, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel was wonderful! The staff was very helpful and polite.. Room was wonderful and very clean. after checking in called the front desk to have my pillows changed from feather to foam and they sent someone up immediately- we were always greeted by the front desk staff with a smile! The grill was open on Christmas day and offered a great kids menu-this was a girls trip with my daughter and it was wonderful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I am so glad to hear the "girls" had a Great trip. I was sorry to have mised you, I stopped in on Wednesday and the staff at the desk said I had just missed you! Thanks for taking a few moments to provide us your feedback. I really am proud of the team here and I'm glad you got to know a few of them. Call me again personally if the "girls" want to do a return engagement and we'll take good care of you! I'm so sorry for your loss!

Take care and Be safe!
Jeffersonville, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Room was clean and recently updated but small. Beds were soft and comfortable. Our room was in the annex and faced away from the interstate which was very nice and quiet. No fridge or microwave and no exhaust fan in the bathroom. Staff were very nice and accommodating. We ordered extra towels and they arrived in minutes! Previous reviews said the breakfast buffet cost $9.95, actually cost $15.00/person. Buffet very nice and well maintained and did have an omlet/waffle station. The pool is not an option in cold weather.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for taking a few moments to provide us with your feedback! We have some upgrades planned for 2013 and they include refridgerators in all the guest rooms. I don't think we will be able to make the rooms much bigger but all of the other plans will really give us a new look! Our omelet maker (Maria) is legendary and really adds value to our breakfast offerings. I hope we will see you again when your plans bring you through Atlanta.

Lawton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is an older full-service Marriott. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The location works if you have business or family in the Marietta area. The Concierge Lounge available to Marriott Rewards members offered a decent bill of fare in the evening and a full breakfast in the morning. The highlight of my stay was the service provided by the staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are one of the older Marriotts and we have plans for renovations in 2013. I will pass on your comments to our staff, I have to say, I'm very proud of the people here and the level of service they deliver. I can't wait to see this team in an upgraded building! I hope we will see you on a future visit to Atlanta.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

This is an old and tired hotel, with the usual amenities. My room was small but clean. The location makes ense only if you have business or family in the immediate area, and even then you will need a rental car. On a positive note, I found the staff to be very good-service oriented and nice.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank You for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that our staff made a good impresion on your stay. We do have an older property and our people are some of the best. We do have plans for an upgrade in 2013. I hope you will give us another try on your next trip to Atlanta.