“Great Hotel - Enjoyed our Stay - Will Return Again”

Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Ranked #76 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Prattville, Alabama
“Great Hotel - Enjoyed our Stay - Will Return Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2008

We just returned from a long weekend get-away in Atlanta, GA at the Marriott Atlanta Northwest. The hotel is as other reviewers have described "off by itself"– but the location is great, quiet - yet conveniently close enough to area attractions and restaurants.

This Marriott has been recently renovated and has a Modern/Asian/Contemporary décor – really nice. The rooms are a bit on the small side – but are well appointed and we did not feel crowded even when a few friends stopped by for a quick visit before heading off to dinner.

The indoor pool was enjoyed by my niece and nephew and there is a whirlpool/hot tub as well. The fitness center has been upgraded with new machines and has something for everyone looking to keep up their gym routine while being away from home.

The Marriott beds are wonderful and my husband and I found it difficult to pull ourselves out of our goose down cocoon every morning – they were heavenly. We really enjoyed the large HD TV and bought several in-room movies due to the inclement weather (Snow in the South!) that rolled in Friday. We also reserved a mini-fridge and extra pillows on-line through Marriott Rewards and they were waiting for us in our room when we arrived (no extra charge).

The black quartz countertops, aromatherapy Bath and Body Works lotions/soaps/shampoo, and gentle rain-style showerhead made up for the lack of space in the bathroom. They have a catalog in the room if you want to order larger quantities of the soap/lotion/shampoo - I loved the clean citrus scent.

I would not bother eating in the restaurants in the hotel (great service – but bland and overpriced food). There are several great restaurants in the area within 5 minutes drive, but call ahead for reservations as they are newly opened and there can be a long wait - especially on the weekends.

There is no fee for parking at the hotel which really made the room rate attractive. Hotels in the Buckhead area charge $15 - $30 per night for parking.

Overall – we were pleasantly surprised at the level of luxury this location offers for the room price. We will definitely be returning the next time we need a little R&R.

• Liked — The Bed - Enveloped in quality linens and Goose-down
  • Disliked — Small Bathroom
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2008

The staff is pretty friendly and welcoming. The TV in the room is a huge LCD HDTV, which was a surprise. I would not recommend the restaurant downstairs, however.

• Stayed December 2007
Shelbyville Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2007

I booked this hotel room through Hotwire not really knowing what I was getting other than a 4 star hotel until after I bought it. I knew Marriot was a decent brand so I was happy with the selection and especially for the price I paid.

I was even happier when I arrived at the hotel and received my room. It was definitely a very nice and clean room and the bed was the best one I have ever slept on . . . I didn’t want to get out of bed every morning. The staff was very friendly and helpful and very easy to deal with. The only problem with the room I had was the small bathroom but it wasn’t that big of deal considering it was nice and had just been recently remodeled. Overall though the room and service were excellent and would definitely stay there again.

One thing though about the hotel is the location . . . it's kind of off to itself and the area before you get to the hotel might not be the safest if you are by yourself or a woman but the hotel area seemed secure and fine. Like I said, it's off to itself in another area and if you know Atlanta better than me then you might be able to skip that other section I drove through.

The hotel though is definitely a great find though and if you don’t mind staying at a hotel away from the major attractions, then its definitely a great deal and first class service.

• Liked — Excellent beds and service
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
4 Thank JaxSpike
south carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

i thought when you reserve a room that room is held for you. i booked two rooms for two nights from hotels.com. one was a standard room and the other was a superior room. both i requested double beds. when i went to my room it was only one bed but it did have the better facilities like flat screen and a road and better shampoos and a refrigerator. i went back to the front desk and asked for a double bed superior room. i then went to my room and it was not a superior room and it was messy. some one had used the bathroom and slept in one bed. so i went back down to the front desk and requested another room and told her that it was not a superior room. she sent me to another room. it was not a superior room but it did have two beds. so i called the front desk and i told her that it was not a superior room. she told me that there was no way of telling what kind of room i booked because i booked it online. so i told her that i paid more the superior room and wanted a discount and she told me no, she could not do that. so i hung up. i sleep on it. the next morning i went down with my recite from hotels.com. she took a copy and told me that she would change rooms wile we were gone to six flags. when we returned and i went to front desk for my room keys and she told me that she charged me 250.00 for smoking in the room. (there are no signs saying that there was a 250.00 fine). i was just plain mad at this point. i got my keys and went to my room. the room was finally what i reserved but it didn't have a flat screen tv. i didn't care anymore. my brother was in the other room and he rented some music and it came up on my dill for my room. so i called and told them the room number of his room and she told me that there was no one in that room. but he was there and have been there from the day before. we went to the front desk and she gave us the room key for the room i was in so we told her and she got angry and started to pitch a fit. so she finally gave him a key for his room and told us that he had been moved to another room and we asked when was we going to be notified of that because we were about to go to bed. we went up to the room and it was a very nice room it was like the room i was supposed to get instead of my brother. the stay at this hotel made my vacation hell. i will never stay at a marriott or book a room online again

• Liked — nothing it was disapointing
  • Disliked — the way the people treated me
  • Stayed August 2007
California and Beyond
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2007

I stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. The staff were all very helpful/friendly and the pre-printed "driving direction" cards available at the front desk were incredibly handy (they must have a dozen or so for various attractions/destinations). The hotel is located right next to the interstate and although it is visible from a fair distance, I got lost more than once due to the meandering roads and highways that snake around the property. In fact, the company I was visiting (which was less than 2 miles away) produced enough "turn by turn" directions via google maps, that I knew this wasn't going to be easy. Of course, this not the fault of the hotel, just something to keep in mind if you're driving and do not know the area well.

The rooms were nice and the bed was very, very comfortable. I ordered room service more than a couple of times and it was speedy and good. There are quite a few restaurants, malls and movie theaters all within 5 mintues of the hotel. The AC in the room worked really well which was appreciated as it was near 100 degrees outside for at least couple of the days during my stay.

I would definately stay here again. Although it is not near downtown and the tourist spots that are apparently a "must see" for this city, it was in a very nice area of its own and away from the "gunshots" I heard about at the airport this morning while chatting with another business traveler who stayed at the Hilton downtown.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank fishgod1010
gulf coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2007

If you ever have the need or opportunity to stay in the Cobb County area of Atlanta land, do yourself a favor and stay at the Atlanta Marriott Northwest. It is absolutely perfect. Just returned from Atlanta and stayed there for a youth group conference. Even the banquet food is desirable as banquet food goes.
The hotel offers a free shuttle to nearby restaurants and stores without any hesitation to drop you off and return at your call to pick you back up. The breakfast buffet is fantastic! Not your meeny-eeny breakfast buffet. We're talking full scale hot items inclusive of customized omelettes as well as belgian waffles. The beds in the king rooms are just fantastic as they are the well renowned sleep number beds. Talk abouth wow! You will be spoiled. Oh, yeah, let me not forget the indoor heated pool. One word - Perfect. If you ever have the need to stay in Cobb County, do yourself a well deserved favor and stay at the Atlanta Marriott Northwest!

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank gulfcoasttraveler
Milner, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2007

Nice hotel. Clean and recently renovated. The rooms are on the small size, but a very good deal at the $41 I paid through priceline.

• Stayed February 2007