“Worst Marriott ever”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Massachusetts
“Worst Marriott ever”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Here for one night on business. Marriott closer to my office was sold out, this was nearest available.

Dirty hallways, old rooms, the toilet that won't stop running and a horribly noisy ac. Good thing it's only one night.

Also, it's in the middle of an office park area without any nearby shops or restaurants...not a place I will return to.

Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Js3591
Frank Q, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank You so much for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I'm sorry that you did not feel the value you expect from a Marriott at our property. We are planning renovations for 2013 that will address all of the issues you have experienced except the location. I hope that you will give us another try on a future visit so that we can regain your confidence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2012

i have stayed at this hotel 20 times ore more. they have great people and great service. Facilities needs repair, and better internet service but solid hotel for business traveler. if you need high speed internet you need to request a room close to antenna.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here Labor Day weekend with my boyfriend. We had got a great deal offline for this hotel, well when we get to the hotel it looks nice on the outside but the inside smh. For one we did not have a MIcrowave or refrigerator. I have never been in a hotel that doesn't have a neither one of those. So we went to the front desk and requested one, they sent us the smallest nastiest refrigerator they could find. They could have at least cleaned it out. The room was dark it barely has light in there, the lighting is horrible and they do not have good channels. But my main problem with this hotels is that it SMELLS. Our room smelled like something was dead in there it stinked so bad. I WILL NEVER go back to this nasty hotel !!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nicki G
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel is located in an excellent place very close to the highway. I chose this hotel when I was driving from Chicago to Florida so I could have a place to sleep in between; I was there for just one night.

This place is pretty much renovated with the exception of the hallways.

Room: the room was very nice and cosy, but it was a little too small to be a marriot.

This place has an indoor/outdoor pool with a hot tub.. It also has a gym.

NOTE: This place doesn't offer complementary continental breakfast..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Frank Q, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank You so much for your review. You are absolutely correct, hallway renovations are planned for early 2013. Thanks for staying with us! Be safe!
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Our team spent the weekend here during a local soccer tournament and I was amazed at the high level of customer service and the great value we received. Our team was able to negotiate a great price and got breakfast included too. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfy (although they're doubles and not queens - which seem really small when you're used to a king), and there's a desk & chair and free wifi. The bathroom is a good size, and there are two mirrors in the room near outlets so more than one person can get ready at a time. No refrigerator, no microwaves :( The rooms and public areas of the hotel are very clean. We didn't use it, but the outdoor pool area looked very nice. The breakfast buffet has a lot of options, and the wait staff is very friendly and helpful. They do offer free shuttle to anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel - and there are a lot of restaurants and shopping within that area. I'd definitely recommend this hotel, whether you're part of a large group or traveling solo.

Room Tip: We had room 545, which ended up being at the end of a hallway on the top floor of that building sect...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Maumelle, AR
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was here on business and really liked the restaurant/bar area. It was a perfect set up to do a little work and enjoy a glass of wine. The structure seemed outdated but seemed like they tried to updated with fixtures and whatnot. Everything was good until I had to get ready for a meeting in the morning and I went started the shower that was not draining at all. I then pulled open my shower curtain and a roach crawls across the bathroom floor. I freaked out and it crawled under the bathroom door and then under the closet door. It is so dark in those rooms so I was not going to search for it. I called down to the front desk to let them know and also that I would not be able to get ready in this bathroom. They sent the security guard up who was very friendly and was trying to lighten my mood but at this point I was disgusted and running late. They gave me a different room to get ready in. When I went to check out I was told by the front desk that I would not be able to receive any sort of discount for my inconvenience because I booked online through a 3rd party. I only did that because the app I use to go through work would not allow me to select that I would like to stay somewhere with a gym and restaurant. SOO...I will not be staying at this Marriott ever again and that when possible I shoulod NOT book through websites like hotels.com or expedia as I might end up paying for a room with roaches without anything being done about it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ladera Ranch, California
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was in the north part of Atlanta. The room rate was excellent, under $100 a night and since my husband is a Marriott Platinum rewards member we received a concierge level room and access to the lounge which was a great plus! The lounge was great for breakfast in the morning (there was a lot of fresh fruit) and for snacks in the evening.

Our room was very nice with 2 double beds. They were comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small, but very well appointed. The hallways in the tower are definitely in need of updating, as they are a little outdated in style and appear older than the rooms.

A positive to this hotel is that it is in the north part of Atlanta right off the freeway. This is also its negative as there are no restaurants within walking distance to venture out to dinner.

We have stayed at this hotel in the past, and the next time we are in North Atlanta, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria

Been to Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria? Share your experiences!