“Unexpected Pleasure”

Cuisines: Pub
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I found this little pub while wandering around the block from my hotel. The food here was excellent. The atmosphere was very pleasant. I will definitely visit again anytime I return to Atlanta.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had to eat an early dinner and this place fulfilled the order. My burger was great and so was the salad. Would go back!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We thought that we could have a nice experience here and there some considerations I wish I had known upfront.

Food:

The food was good as expected for a pub. There were several choices and some were Irish and some weren't.

Beer:

This is the pub's strongest point as they have a huge menu that includes many local draughts and some bottles as well. A four-item is sampler is a great way to discover what you prefer.

Service:

This diminishes the place greatly and I saw many people leave after seeing the long line of kids from the Passion conference guaranteed an hour wait. As with high school cafeterias, you line up and order at the window. The man was very nice considering them having been slammed. The procedure is that you order your food and wait while it is prepared. You take a small tray (or two or three) and walk your food out to a table. It took me three trips to get all our food out to our table. They DO serve the drink at your table which makes me ask why they could not take your food order as well. Since I had to wait on myself, I left no tip for the food.

There is the usual ambiance of a pub so I wonder again why table service is not utilized. One bet I have is that if Robert Irvine or the Bar Rescue guy were to come in, the owner would be crucified. This was a disappointment in what otherwise was a decent experience.

1  Thank Sliphorn
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Bartenders were efficient and friendly!!! The French dip and wings were delicious. Beers were cold! Fun place!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stopped by for a beer and dinner after a long day and looking for a break from the hotel bars and restaurants. I had a beer which is usually great everywhere and ate the Shepherds Pie which was very good. I sat at the bar and Becky was very nice, friendly, and good conversation. I recommend this pace and will visit it again.