“Great Food!”

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Loved the entire menu! Great variety of sushi rolls as well as other dishes. Waiting time was almost none and the Chef was so gracious! Servers were the best.

Visited March 2013

Atlanta
“Good food, slow service”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our teenage daughters and I took their father here to celebrate Father' Day. We did not have a reservation, and they did not have enough servers. There were empty tables, but we had to wait nearly 30 minutes to get seated. They were holding two tables for people who had reservations but didn't show up. The food was very good, but arrived in phases at the table. I didn't not get mine until we asked for it 10 minutes after the rest of our table had been served. Not sure we will visit again.

• Visited June 2013
Austell, Georgia
“Good Sushi”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have had both lunch an dinner at Zuma. The sushi is always fresh. Service is ok. The price is right.

Visited February 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Refreshing as it's Namesake: Zoom to Zuma”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I'm sure there is a well-documented phenomena in amateur food criticism wherein diners spend more time and energy talking about what they DON'T like versus what they DO like.

I will now proceed to illustrate that very concept in briefly discussing Zuma (North Highland location, haven't been to Toco Hills and therefore can't even discuss it!). So here we go; writing less about what I like more.

I love Zuma. It's an attractive, sophisticated reasonably priced restaurant and, most importantly, they serve unique, well-prepared and tasty fish. Not sure it's been coined (until right now), but the term I use to refer to this genre of sushi is "Hawaiian-Influenced, West Coast Style." Dig it. Thus, Zuma is as fresh as the beach in Malibu.

Get a Groupon if you can, as it will help you to eat and drink more for the same price.

Here is much of what I order at Zuma. These items are tried and true and never disappoint. This assumes your tastes are the same as mine, of course :-)

White Tuna Tartar
Ihi Pokki
Tako Sunomono
Itako Salad

...and basically anything else fresh from the Starters selection. You can't go wrong, again, if you're like me.

I don't usually so crazy into rolls these days, but The Lion King rules the jungle. Scottish Roll, not so much.

If they have Red Bean ice cream, without the Mochi, I go for it.

Add beer and sake liberally, and repeat. Zoom to Zuma.

• Visited January 2013
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Fresh Sushi = Great Experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently had dinner here - I am always so grateful when I can tell that sushi is super fresh. This was delicious and the service was great.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Zuma Sushi? Share your experiences!