“Terrific food, lacking in atmosphere”
Review of Highland Bakery

Highland Bakery
Ranked #81 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Old Fourth Ward
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I went to Highland Bakery for a weekday lunch and had a a really great salad. Big salad for the money and the rest of the menu looked good too. While I enjoyed the lunch, I felt like it the atmosphere could have been better. It was crowded and the concrete floors only amplified the noise. Would definitely go back but this place is definitely on the trendy list in the ATL so it's going to be a popular place for a while.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband and I visited Highland Bakery for the first time and the food was great. The sweet potato pancakes were the best that we have ever tasted. The roasted potatoes were flavorful and cooked to perfection. We also ordered an omelette that was good but nothing special.

This restaurant will not be known for its cleanliness. There could be more attention placed towards the cleanliness of the restaurant and the appearance of their staff.

I would have given Highland Bakery an excellent rating but cleanliness is very important to us.

1  Thank ftwriter
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We went here the first time on a 4th of July after we saw this restaurant featured on Atlanta Eats and the showed the French Toast with peanut butter and lots of syrup. Had to try it so we headed to town. We have been back many times and are never dissappointed. The grind all their own grains to make everything so everything is fresh and soooo tasty. If you gonna try this place out .. know that they close at 4:00. They move folks thru pretty fast so if there is a line, don't be discouraged... it's worth the wait.

www.highlandbakery.com

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I agree with some of the other posters that have said Highland Bakery is overrated. I've been twice and was not blown away either time. On this most recent visit the food was "okay" not great. The restaurant was not very clean - with flies buzzing about. We went for lunch and the service was friendly and fast enough, but have others have said, I'd find a good Waffle House or Flying Biscuit for a better "breakfast food" experience in Atlanta. Also, the women's restroom was so filthy that my wife refused to use it. I think this place relies on it's "hip" factor in a part of town that is known for that, but that just doesn't do it for me.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is a small street level restaurant in the North Tower of the Financial Center...it was also one of the best lunches I have had in this well packed area for food. Both quality, and price, with incredible swift easy polite service.
I had a yummy crab burger with red potatoes and tea for $13 , it was more than enough cause I could not finish it all! But it was delicious.
A really excellent sandwich. We ate in the nest door outside lobby which was quiet, bright and clean.