“Wonderful gem!!!!”

The Catholic Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Beautiful historical building truly an Atlanta landmark. The church is very rich with history and the growing community surrounding it. The oldest Catholic church in Atlanta.

1  Thank travelguy5335
"visitors"
in 3 reviews
"georgia"

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My in-laws were married at this church in 1943 when Mr. D was stationed near Atlanta in the service. After moving to the area 27 years ago we have visited the church whenever family comes to town. Then in 2005 our son was married there. What a beautiful wedding.

1  Thank Terri D
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Beautiful, historic church. Very important role in the history of Atlanta. Catholic church. Checkout the pipe organ and the catacombs!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

It was so cool I have never seen a Catholic Church that big before and I'm a Catholic For My Religion. I have never looked at other states Catholic Churches Before So This Was Quite Amazing . To See .

1  Thank 10-14-89
See more reviews
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We visited this gorgeous Church near MLK weekend and the priest, from the pulpit, prayed to St. Martin Luther King. Last I checked, MLK was neither Catholic nor canonized by the Vatican, so this was wholely inappropriate. The rest of the Mass, more or less, prayed "to whom it may concern." We will not be back.

10  Thank TherapyDiva