“An Old Favorite”
Review of Ecco

Ecco
Reserve with OpenTable
Ecco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Cypress Street
Transit: MARTA Arts Center Station
Description: Since being named a "Best New Restaurant in America" by Esquire in 2006, Ecco has quickly become one of Atlanta's, and the Southeast's, most recognized and renowned restaurants. The seasonal European menu tempts with delicious meat and cheese boards featuring a myriad of different selections, housemade pastas, authentic wood-fired pizzas and mouthwatering desserts. The restaurant also features an adventurous, nationally-recognized wine list representing both boutique and well-known European vinyards with many selections exclusive to Ecco. Featuring award-winning design including an over-sized bar, a large, open-air patio and a breathtakingly beautiful main dining room, Ecco is completely unique, yet comfortable. Whether with a large party, enjoying a romantic dinner or simply having a bite at the bar, Ecco is sure to become one of your favorite Midtown neighborhood dining spots.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ecco never disappoints. My boyfriend and I have enjoyed the restaurant on a couple of occasions. At the end of a busy business week, I brought a group of 8 clients to the restaurant to have a relaxing meal. We sat at the big family-style table in the middle of the restaurant. Our server was very attentive and offered wonderful suggestions. The chef even stopped by to greet everyone. I love the ambiance of the restaurant. They have a very nice wine list and great food. The entire group enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Grreat place to meet friends for drinks. A bit pricey but otherwise good quality and ambience. Girlfriend goes here often for Girl's Night out.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had a solo dinner at Ecco on my recent visit to Atlanta. I enjoyed the atmosphere, and found the server attentive & knowledgable. I ordered a slice of cheese and a glass of red for starters, and had the steak with rosemary potatoes for the main. The wine was the only flawless aspect of the meal. The cheese didn't match the wine well (I blame my taste buds on that one); the medium-rare steak was flawlessly cooked and generally a great cut with a fair portion (not too big, not too small) -- however, it came out barely warm! the roast potatoes were tasty, but a little mushy. So taste-wise, everything was top-notch, but when other things are considered, the food fell a tad short of perfection.
Overall, this is a good place and deserves a visit.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We love eating at the bar at Ecco. Great people watching and great service. We rarely order an entree but munch through the appetizer menu instead. Wine list is extensive and atmosphere is perfect.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had dinner at Ecco, pre-theatre, and it was a great decision.
The ambiance is very cool and upscale, but also casual... and had a really nice vibe.
The menu is very different.. and in a good way! The food is outstanding.

But I have to say, that what really sets Ecco apart, is the fantastic service! We were treated extremely well by everyone we encountered. I want to give "props" to Carmen, our outstanding server.

highly recommend.