“Great!!!”
Review of Ecco

Ecco
Reserve with OpenTable
Ecco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 4,012 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Cypress Street
Transit: MARTA Arts Center Station
Description: Since being named a "Best New Restaurant in America" by Esquire in 2006, Ecco has quickly become one of Atlanta's, and the Southeast's, most recognized and renowned restaurants. The seasonal European menu tempts with delicious meat and cheese boards featuring a myriad of different selections, housemade pastas, authentic wood-fired pizzas and mouthwatering desserts. The restaurant also features an adventurous, nationally-recognized wine list representing both boutique and well-known European vinyards with many selections exclusive to Ecco. Featuring award-winning design including an over-sized bar, a large, open-air patio and a breathtakingly beautiful main dining room, Ecco is completely unique, yet comfortable. Whether with a large party, enjoying a romantic dinner or simply having a bite at the bar, Ecco is sure to become one of your favorite Midtown neighborhood dining spots.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great little date place. My wife and I love to go here for our date nights. Haven't had a bad dinner yet. We are in our 40's and we like to go here for a glass of wine and a quiet dinner. You wont be disappointed

1  Thank Jason S

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have been to Ecco a few times now, and last night took a large group. This place is a jewel in Atlanta. The Mediterrenean menu is so diverse, that anyone can find some great choices. The tapas choice is unlimited as to the combo nations you can share, the service (Abbey) was perfect, and the wine list and knowledge were excellent. I like when a restaurant doesn't gouge the wine lover. I dine in Atlanta a lot, with both clients and friends, and this place is in my top 3!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

It has a phenomenal reputation to being with and the experience doesn't disappoint. Not only is the restaurant stunning on the inside, but god almighty, the food. The food is incredible. The fact that they have a roof top garden they pick from is just wonderful. Fantastic experience. Would love to eat there again!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We bought a dinner and show combo pack with the Fox to see Mannheim Steamroller. We have been to several high end restaurants but I particularly liked this one. It was open and friendly, the waiter was Pablo and he was excellent. There are lots of couples tables which I liked. We sat in the middle. I was disappointed in the wine list because the by the glass selections were very limited. We ordered from the bar instead. The Bombay Sapphire martini was the best I have ever had, no exceptions. The entrees were very good and was served so quick we were surprised. My wife got the cedar plank Mahi (we call it Dolphin in Florida) and it was spectacular. Made me rethink how I prepare it at home. I had the seafood spaghetti and it was wonderful, the pasta was fresh as was the seafood. Portion control is used here. They want you to experience the entire experience of their restaurant, which I am not against, we just weren't in that kind of mood. Would've liked more of the entree. Time got tight so we didn't get any dessert . My son had the Wood Fire Pizza. He's 18 and it just wasn't enough but he enjoyed it very much. I could go on about the food so if you want more detail feel free to ask. I will return with just my wife and do the full experience some time in the future. Wine ranged from $35-$100+ a bottle, pretty standard. Looks to be a 100% markup also standard.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Food was way below expectations. Good service, wine list, etc. But the dishes were flat and unappealing and were served at diner-like speed. The shrimp toast was inedible, served on wet/soggy focaccia with lardo draped over the top with mushrooms & shrimp underneath. Not only visually unappetizing - but a mix of flavors you do not want to combine under any circumstances. Wood oven pizza was forgettable and the house made bucatini was extremely flavorless. We wanted to love it- but could not. Sorry Ecco. Maybe we were there on an off night?

Been to Ecco? Share your experiences!