“Very clean and comfortable!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Ranked #6 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
“Very clean and comfortable!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The room was very clean. We travelled with our young daughters and booked a king suite. The girls slept on a pull out sofa, they had their own tv which was handy. We also had a nice flat screen in our room so we could watch the NCAA tournament and our bed was VERY comfortable! The shower had great pressure and the bathroom spacious. The breakfast was also very good. The hotel does have an indoor pool but it is not heated. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
It is wonderful that your family enjoyed sharing time together in one of spacious suites and were able to utilize some of our guest amenities. I do apologize if our pool and spa area were not at a comfortable temperature. Our pool is heated and we do our best to maintain a cozy temperature between 75-78 degrees at all times in this area. Thank you for recommending us to other guests. This speaks volumes and there is truly no higher honor we can receive! We eagerly await your next arrival.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of its ratings and an online deal and it did not disappoint!! The front desk staff was polite and check in was quick and flawless. Our room was spacious, updated, and clean. Pool & spa were great after driving all day! Not a bad breakfast either - much better than the usual free breakfast. My kids (8 & 10) loved it too! Definitely recommended!

Stayed March 2014
We are so happy that we exceeded your expectations and that you were pleased with your choice of hotel. I am even more excited that your children "loved it too!" It was truly our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to the next opportunity.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I based my decision to stay at the Country Inn by reviews I read on Tripadvisor. My criteria for a good hotel experience are that it be clean, quiet, comfortable and safe. So often, hotels are frequented by individuals who have little or no respect for others, especially in the noise area. Hopefully, this is a generational thing and the noise epidemic and boorish behavior in hotels will improve. Frankly, I was quite surprised as to how quiet the guests were at the Country Inn. I was also extremely pleased at how clean my room was. The other added bonus was a good and plentiful breakfast. This hotel has several other great amenities. I will definitely be staying here again. Also, I want to mention that you have a fantastic employee, Robert, at the front desk. He made everyone feel welcome and was extremely professional and friendly. He would be a welcome addition to any organization.,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the kind accolades! We are so happy that you were able to enjoy your stay and that Robert was your service. I am so proud that we met all your criteria, "clean, quiet, comfortable and safe." It will be an honor to host you upon your next arrival.
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2014

At first we were not overly impressed with this hotel, because it seemed in need of updating and the rooms were quite basic. However, the place
really grew on us during our one week stay. The warm breakfasts were good, especially the waffles smothered in berries and fresh fruit, the amenities were great for the price, and the staff were friendly and helpful (especially Willie, who displayed his local knowledge with a warm smile). The beds were quite comfortable, and the rooms quiet. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Judah B
We appreciate your candor and are so happy that we were able to change your first impression with our wonderful amenities and caring team members. It validates our philosophy that above all, guests deserve unparalleled customer service and value. I am pleased to announce that soon we will begin a cosmetic upgrade to our public areas and look forward to your feedback upon your next arrival.
United States
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had high expectations for this hotel; as it was ranked #13, and also being that it is a Country Inn & Suites (I find them to be a consistent chain of hotel), but I was let down by two things: the unpleasant woman at the front desk and food that tasted spoiled at the complementary breakfast.

I arrived to the hotel early, and asked for an early check-in. I got a feeling that the woman at the front desk ( middle age, very short black hair and brown eyes ) was going to be unhelpful; she didn't appear to be eager to help or greet the guests, nor did she give off the warm welcome you hope for. She said she didn't have any king rooms available for early check-in. I told her we would be comfortable with two queens instead if that was available; she just said no, without checking any farther.

I understand that early check in is a nice gesture towards guests and not always a guarantee, but her attitude and lack of effort was unamusing.

At the complimentary breakfast, myself, my boyfriend, and a guest we ended up talking to at another table, all independently thought that the eggs tasted funky. We all threw them away after only a bite or two. I told the front desk clerk (who happened to be the same woman I encountered at check-in) and she assured me she would tell the employees in charge of that department immediately. I did not see her go and tell anybody. This upset me because this was an issue where people's health can be affected. Food poisoning is no joke, and would be a nightmare to deal with for families with young children on vacation, or during travel on an airplane.

Otherwise, the Country Inn was up to it's regular standards. Rooms were quaint and clean, with a nice TV and decent sized bathroom. The complementary breakfast had a decent variety (minus the bad eggs). The hotel was quiet. The distance to and from the city was perfect, especially for travelers looking to avoid the chaos of traffic, but still have a reasonable traveling distance to destinations in Atlanta. The lobby had a nice fireplace and everything else was visually elegant. The other man I encountered at the front desk was pleasant, and wore a smile every time we walked by.

Overall, I would probably look for somewhere else to stay if I came to Atlanta again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
I am truly saddened that we failed to be at your service during your stay! We do pride ourselves on our ratings and have worked hard to earn them. It is devastating when we fail and I assure you I have personally addressed both issues to ensure a similar situation does not occur again. I do understand your unwillingness to give us a second chance, but if you do have a change of heart, please feel free to contact me directly so that I may ensure your stay exceeds your expectations.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Although the hotel was booked completely, we never heard any noise from outside our room. Breakfast was a little congested with many guests sleeping in and trying to eat during the last hour, but several attendants were working and keeping everything refilled and stocked. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and the bathroom was a nice size. (We had a double queen because all kings were taken by the time we booked.) We highly recommend joining Club Carlson for rewards points. We have had no problems with their program and have saved a lot of money booking online through the rewards site. At this hotel the main entrance/lobby is on the second floor so push "L" in elevator not "1" to return to the lobby/breakfast area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words and comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and even though we were at full capacity, you were able to relax and "never heard any noise outside your room." Thank you also for suggesting our rewards club and its benefits. I think it speaks volumes to receive a recommendation from valued guests that have utilized the program. We truly value your business and eagerly await your next arrival!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This motel is set back well from the main road but only a few minutes from the interstate into Atlanta so it was a great alternative to staying in the city if you have a car. There were no faults with the motel, it was exactly as we wanted it to be (only air con was the louder variety with the compressor backing onto the indoor unit). Very quiet when we were there so the breakfast room was even better! Close to quite a few eateries as well, even walking distance if you don't mind walking up the hill which I did as the kilo's (Aussie! pounds to Yankee's) I had gained were becoming noticeable (more than 2 weeks into a 1 month trip). Really close to Pappaeaux Restaurant which was absolutely fantastic. Huge meals and although spicy there were still meals to suit children's sensitive taste buds.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Louby76
We are honored that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay and that our property "was exactly as you wanted it to be." Your family was on an extended Holiday and we are so proud that you chose our property to be a part of it! It was our privilege to host you. Thank you for taking time to let us know our efforts are noticed and appreciated!