Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Ranked #5 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This motel is set back well from the main road but only a few minutes from the interstate into Atlanta so it was a great alternative to staying in the city if you have a car. There were no faults with the motel, it was exactly as we wanted it to be (only air con was the louder variety with the compressor backing onto the indoor unit). Very quiet when we were there so the breakfast room was even better! Close to quite a few eateries as well, even walking distance if you don't mind walking up the hill which I did as the kilo's (Aussie! pounds to Yankee's) I had gained were becoming noticeable (more than 2 weeks into a 1 month trip). Really close to Pappaeaux Restaurant which was absolutely fantastic. Huge meals and although spicy there were still meals to suit children's sensitive taste buds.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Louby76
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

We are honored that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay and that our property "was exactly as you wanted it to be." Your family was on an extended Holiday and we are so proud that you chose our property to be a part of it! It was our privilege to host you. Thank you for taking time to let us know our efforts are noticed and appreciated!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Hotel and room were clean and comfortable; and, the service was excellent. We especially enjoyed the large indoor pool and spa; and, stayed an extra night to enjoy the amenities. We arrived during a recent ice storm that braced the area; and, the comfort of the room and manager's reception around the fireplace made this a real shelter from the storm.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jolene930

What an enormous compliment that you chose to stay an extra night simply to enjoy our property! We are so happy that we were able to accommodate you during the recent storm and that you felt us to be "a real shelter from the storm." I am thrilled that our staff was at your service and that we exceeded your expectations! We value your support and look forward to your next arrival.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Tuesday Jan 28, 2014 when Atlanta, GA was coverage by icy road and dangerous condition, my 2 kids and I got stranded for 12 hours on the icy road before give up and try to find a place to rest. No hotel has any room available, we stop at Country Inn & Suit Atlanta NW at Windy Hill and all room was book, we could not go any more but the hotel and employee there allowed us to stay warm in their lobby until the next morning so that we can continue our journey home. they were very kind and welcome even we did not rent a room. This is even crazier, they give free breakfast to every stranded person who stayed in the lobby in the morning before we leave the hotel. It is the kind heart that win my loyalty to this hotel. The hospitality and kind .... that is no words to explain. With out them, my 2 kids and I would be very cold in our car while try to figure out how to get home in the road coverage with ice and road block everywhere because of cars stranded on ice and cars slide into each other because of the road condition. Would not have made it, without this help. I give the thumb up for this hotel and will be their customer every time I can. Thanks

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank thanh b

It was our privilege to be at your service and to assist you and your children during the recent ice storm. We feel very blessed that we were able to open our "home" to all who were in need and let the true spirit of hospitality shine! Hopefully, your next visit will be of your own accord and your family will be able to enjoy all of our amenities as well as our superior service.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Our flight was cancelled due to inclement weather on the east coast, and boy was this stay a HUGE comfort.From the moment we easily parked outside, to the welcoming chocolate chip cookies, warm beverages and a warm hello, it felt so cozy. I woudl absolutely recommend staying here to anyone that is looking for a simple, clean, cozy stay. They even had a happyhour at 6pm that offered beers and wine, with small bites. The breakfast was delicious. I wish I stayed here all 3 nights I was in Atlanta, easy drive to the airport. They even have a pool! I didn't check it out though.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellingbug95

We are so proud that our property "felt like home" during your visit. This was certainly a very stressful period and I am thrilled we were able to ease the tension and be a comfort! Thank you for highlighting some of our exciting guest amenities. It was truly our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to the next opportunity.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Jan 28, 2014

Was supposed to be heading back home two nights after staying at this hotel, not until Atlanta was hit by a snow storm. I would say, the city was just not used to having a lot of snow fall. Unlike the East side, an inch of snow is just normal during the winter. It was an unforgettable experience. Though we made it to our rooms and was never stranded on any streets that night, my buddy and I were so happy helping out people outside the hotel moving their ditched vehicles for almost 24hrs.

Anyway, as far as this hotel is concern, the staffs were so accommodating. They really made effort of finding ways of extending our rooms for two more nights. Not just that but also other concerns that we have. I really appreciate their help. I was also glad that they have complimentary breakfast because if they don't, it would be so difficult of finding any open restaurants that time. The rooms are clean and huge. Well, I have two queen beds that it is necessary to be huge. They have enough parking spaces. Near to several food chains (though most of it were closed that time). Just beside I75 which makes it easier to travel towards downtown Atlanta.

As far as I am concern, I would love to stay here again if I will be near to this area. I would also recommend this hotel for any travelers.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms away from Elevators and exit doors. It is quieter that way. Any level would do.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for your kind response and for taking time out of your day to let other travelers know about our wonderful staff! The greatest compliment we can receive is to know that you would recommend us and would return yourself if travels ever bring you to Atlanta again. It was indeed a very stressful time for everyone and we commend you and your friend for all of your service during the storm as well. It was truly our pleasure to host you and we look forward to the next opportunity.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was "stuck" here (and still here, actually) during the Winter Storm (1/28/2014) and I am blown away by the staff here. In spite of the fact that they themselves had to spend the night in the offices here, they bent over backwards to be accommodating and really made the place into a family atmosphere. I will never forget the goodwill and untiring smiles of the staff here. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris C
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for your kind words and for the humbling recognition of our staff! We are blessed to have such wonderful people represent us and it is truly exciting when these efforts are recognized and appreciated. We were happy that we could assist in anyway during this very stressful situation. It was our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to the next opportunity!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stopped again at this hotel on my drive through Atlanta back to New York. Still as good as before, comfortable, QUIET, and clean. Very nice staff. Easy off and on Interstate 75. Good pricing too. I usually can't stand the included breakfasts in these kinds of hotels but this one was very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria35
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Isn't is comforting to have a constant in this ever-changing world? I am thrilled that we continue to be that constant for you upon your visits to Atlanta! Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to your next arrival.