Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Ranked #6 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stopped again at this hotel on my drive through Atlanta back to New York. Still as good as before, comfortable, QUIET, and clean. Very nice staff. Easy off and on Interstate 75. Good pricing too. I usually can't stand the included breakfasts in these kinds of hotels but this one was very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria35
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Isn't is comforting to have a constant in this ever-changing world? I am thrilled that we continue to be that constant for you upon your visits to Atlanta! Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to your next arrival.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel during the Christmas week. The front desk staff and maintenance receive 5 stars! They were attentive and went out of their way to help us. However, the hotel is average and need upgrading. The toilets' water pressure in our two room was very low; enough said. The maids did not clean our rooms on occasion (it wasn't the Holiday) and at times the hallways smelled. Our sons name our duvet "Lumpy" because it was old and ragged and there wasn't a smooth spot to be found; that was not pleasant. This hotel is located in a good area - close to the expressway, shopping and restaurants. It could say more, but I don't want to offend grandma.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for acknowledging our Front Desk and Maintenance staff. We are very blessed to have such a wonderful staff! I apologize for the miscommunication with your room service during your stay. I assure you I have personally addressed this issue. As for our current bedding, we are bound by Carlson standards as to what can be utilized, but are very excited to announce that a fresh, streamlined bedding package will be implemented soon and the duvet covers will no longer be present! We appreciate your feedback and sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity upon your return to Atlanta to be at your service.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

For the past 6 yrs or so, we (a business group) have stayed at this Country Inn & Suites and have rarely been disappointed. The past numerous trips have shown a decline in the customer service I’ve been so used to. One of the new desk clerks actually had the gall to state that we were spoiled by the previous manager. I thought that’s what businesses do to all customers, but even more for those that regularly spend quite a bit of $ with them. Due to our surveys, mgt responded with apologies and requests to give them another try. They stated that the clerk was unaware of our group. Our group has stayed there for a long time, but it makes me wonder how they treat the “average” patron and what else is starting to fail behind the scenes.

The rooms which are still suitable include comfortable beds, flat screen TVs, wet bars, couches, and desks. Their breakfast is better than most of the Country Inn & Suites I’ve frequented. They are also one of the only Country Inn & Suites, which I’ve stayed at, that has a “Happy Hour”.

Due to the recent flux in service, we’ll be staying at locations in the surrounding areas to assist us in gauging further accommodations.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

I am truly saddened that we failed to be at your service during your stay. You are correct, this is not our customary standards and I am sorry you were disappointed. We don't consider any of our guests "average" and believe every guest deserves to feel like a VIP! I am disappointed that we did not convey this and this was not your perception. We appreciate your feedback and have addressed your concerns with our staff in the hopes that you will allow us another opportunity to be at your service.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Hotel is clean and comfortable. The breakfast is pretty good and the free cookies at check in are a very nice plus! For us, the location is perfect with easy access to downtown and other areas in ATL.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

I am so happy that you and your family were able to enjoy our ammenities and that our location was perfect for your needs. We truly value your business and eagerly await your next arrival!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This was our first visit to this location, following a rather necesasary Exodus from the nearby Marriot. We found both Robert and Daniel (Engineer). to be extremely kind and accomodating during the transfer process. The facility was found to be very clean and modern with very careful attention paid to details.

The breakfast menu was excellent and the location was sufficiently close enough to area amenities and nearby family making access to them during Thanksgiving great!

I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased that you felt our staff was "kind and accommodating" during your stay. We are honored that you chose to relocate from another hotel and allowed us to be at your service! It was truly our pleasure and we look forward to the next opportunity.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is my second time staying here while taking training courses in Atlanta. The customer service here is beyond exceptional. Robert and Willy at the front desk practically bend over backwards to help customers.

Initially I was booked at the Marriott. The front desk clerk was rude and the room was subpar. I stayed one night and then moved to the Country Inn and Suites where I had previously stayed.
Upon check-in I explained I needed a suite with a separate room and although one wasn't available then I was immediately moved to a suite the next day. Never once did the guys up front act like I was a nuisance or that I was being difficult.

It doesn't end with just the guys up front. Every person I met who worked for the hotel was extremely kind and helpful which is one reason this hotel stands out. Whether I needed non feather pillows, extra blankets, stamps or envelopes they were ready to make my stay wonderful.

Features I love:
Wonderful staff :)
Excellent daily breakfast complete with eggs, grits, sausage, bacon and etc...
Free wifi (they don't nickel and dime you like most places)
Free business center area
Nightly complimentary snacks and beverages (Mon-Thurs)
Indoor pool, hot tub and fitness area

I can't say enough good things. I will definitely be back

Room Tip: If you're getting a suite there are two kinds. One is a studio layout but the other suite layou...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind response and continued support! We are so blessed to have a wonderful staff that shares our passion and commitment to customer service. It is exciting when they receive their well-deserved accolades and even more exciting to have a guest utilize and appreciate all the amenities our property has to offer. It was truly our pleasure to once again be at your service and we look forward to the next opportunity!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed in a spacious 2- full,hotel room suite with 2 full bathrooms at the 1 suite price. Nice, big pool and hot tub was clean and warm. Hotel staff was over the top nice and welcoming. Breakfast was fresh with caring staff, Over all, you can tell that this hotel is loved. Nice reception in the evening with finger foods. Fresh cookies, fresh sheets. I slept on the pull-out and even that was comfortable. Free,ample parking- easy on off, on with the highway. 15-20 minutes to the aquarium and the Coca-Cola factory.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa M
Pamela T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

How exciting that our pride and commitment to both our guests and our property was evident during your stay! We do love our property and guest satisfaction is our #1 goal. We are so proud when we can radiate this passion. It was our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to the next opportunity.