Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Ranked #5 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Please dont be put off by any negatives. This was a wonderful home from home. We stayed for four nights after we had been on a Caribbean Cruise. It could not have been more comfortable or welcoming. The rooms are clean,the beds extremely comfortable and the service out of this world.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CMW111

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We booked this trip last minute. It was a holiday weekend and we just thought about taking our son somewhere to swim with an nice indoor pool. The problem is...you never know what you will find. Half the time...the pools are freezing. I looked on Trip Advisor and the hotel had good reviews. I then picked up the phone and called. I asked the front desk if the pool water was warm. She assured me it was, so we headed out. It was about a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive for us. We were very happy when we arrived at the hotel. The lady at checkin was very nice and friendly. She informed us the pool was open until midnight which made my son happy since we didn't arrive until 9:00 P.M. The pool area was larger than the pictures looked. When we got in the water, it was bath water warm. We were so happy. The pool was large enough to play pool games with our son. The hot tub was very nice too. After using the pool for a couple of hours, we went to bed. The beds were very soft and comfortable. The next day we swam and hung out at the hotel most of the day. The breakfast was very good. The only issue we had at all was the TV. My husband was trying to watch football games while we were swimming. The channels were very fuzzy. I called the front desk and she said the maintenance guy was out on a delivery but would check it out when he returned. He never came to fix the TV. We used the business center to order a pizza. We ate at the breakfast the next morning before we left. The breakfast was not as good on Monday as on Sunday, but still had a wide variety. We were very happy with our stay and will definately be back. The staff was super friendly and seemed eager to please. While we were in the hot tub on our last evening, we talked to several different guests. All of them were asking if we had ever stayed at this particular hotel before. Not one of us had every stayed before, but all agreed we were very surprised and happy. All of the people we met said they would definately stay at the hotel again and EVERYONE really enjoyed the pool and the fact it was actually warm enough to swim in.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FrankieHawn
Reviewed January 28, 2012

very clean, excellent beds. Awsome breakfast. When in Atlanta, I will be back. Highly recommend.
We were next to a vending area that had noise that was annoying when trying to go to sleep. Like something kicking on and off, running, a roar. When I did a survey, they appologized and said it would be checked out, but the hotel was VERY good. I hate to even mention this, but it really could annoy someone.
We will def stay again in this hotel, the super clean rooms and the beds were fantastic, just will ask to not stay next to a vending area.

Room Tip: Don't stay near a vending area, but our king room was great.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Renee D
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here for Thanksgiving weekend! Lot of parking space and hotel is located right off the interstate-75 and surprisingly very little noise of interstate traffic except occasional police or ambulance sirens! Staff were very friendly and my son would get free cookies eveytime we pass through front desk. Service was superb with free breakfast, Internet browsing and printing!! Only issue was several school sports teams were staying at the same time and we had to rush in the morning to get our breakfast. With the unsupervised school children in the lobby, pool and breakfast areas, there was much noise and little discipline. Indoor Pool was kept warm and it was amazing. Our room though not that spacious was very clean, had microwave and refrigerator. Hotel is located 12-15 miles north of downtown and when we had to visit aquarium and other places in downtown, we felt like we have to drive a lot but it was okay because parking and other amenities like indoor pool were absolutely free compared to downtown hotels. An amazing mall and other posh shopping areas are close by! Overall, we had fun and I would definitely stay here next time.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Abu Jam M
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here, nice reception area to relax and good pool / hot tub ,Hotel staff very helpfull. It is a shame they were unable to offer us rooms later in our month long stay in the USA. Cookies were good. We are happy to recommend here to stay

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed here as a little mini-vacay on the way to family's house for Thanksgiving. The service was great, very friendly staff. We arrived very early and they pushed our room to ready for us. The breakfasts in the morning had great variety and were delicious. (I especially loved the do it yourself waffles. YUMMO!

We had the one bedroom suite which was VERY spacious for the four of us. The kids had a blast. We even had two separate full baths! The mall is seconds from food restaurants and minutes from Cumberland mall. All in all, a great hotel and I can't wait to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I do not remember the last time I took the time to write a good review for any service, let alone a hotel. I have certainly written many poor reviews, as many "deals" are nothing of the sort. I spent about three hours reading reviews of hotels around the Atlanta airport and they were all marginal at best so i started looking in different areas. I am REALLY glad i did.

I only had to drive about 15minin the rental car (late a night) to get to this hotel from the airport and there was a 24hr Mc Doh and mini mart on the corner. The people were friendly and the quality of the room was A1. No beaten up trashed stuff. The bathroom was new, clean and good quality stuff.

i got breakfast included and they had eggs! These days "breakfast" in cheal hotel lingo means a muffin and an apple. This was a real breakfast with teas, cereal, Yogurt etc. I could not have been happier. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone and yes. it is worth the drive.

I could see the enclosed swimming pool from my room and wished I had time to check it out. It looked cool.

Room Tip: I always ask for somethign quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business