“Worth going&FREE!”

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Worth going&FREE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

It's a must see while stopping in Atlanta. It's free and very well maintained considering its free. Visit the MLK birth home! You have to get tickets first but those are free as well. Our tour guide was very informative and you can tell she really enjoys her job and information about the King family, very passionate!

Visited August 2013

• Arabic first
Landover, Maryland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very informative but needs to be updated!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Pros:
Very informative, nicely set-up, and we were there for about three hours walking around learning so much information. The church was my favorite building because you could listen to his sermon or hear music while you sat on the pew. The best part, this was all FREE!

Cons:
The King Center was very informative, however some areas need to be updated and the waterfall was not working when we attended. In addition, we were unable to see the house due to the large crowds, however, they did show a video of the house. Also, we could not see the Fire house because it was closed.

Visited July 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The King Center has to go on your agenda when visitng Atlanta. The displays were emotionally moving. Young people need to visit to understand the past. It isn't discussed much in the classroom anymore. As a parent it is our responsibility to educate our children. This visit is great tribute to a Great man!

Riverside, Ca
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“A little disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I recently visited the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Dexter Ave. Church and Parsonage in Montegomery, and Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta along with the King Center and I have to say that the Center was my least favorite of them all. I was surprised because I was expecting this to be the real highlight. It's impossible to get a tour of the birth home unless you arrive by 8:30-9:00 AM at the firehouse around the corner where the tickets are distributed on a first come first served basis. The center itself has several displays and videos explaining the civil rights movement but that's about it. The only personal items to see that belonged to King are across the street and upstairs in another building. I was really disappointed in the lack of any personal objects, etc that would help make the center more interesting. Parking was easy just because I happened to find a spot in the small lot adjacent to the visitor center but otherwise I'm not sure where I would have gone. I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting but it wasn't this. You can easily see all displays in one hour or so, longer if you happen to get tickets for the birthplace.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Ace624
Woodstock Ga., United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The historical pieces and displays are good...Bathrooms were dirty. Staff was not interested in the public just needed a lot of training Parking was not the best. This is not what Martin Luther King wanted.

1 Thank Mel D

Been to The King Center? Share your experiences!