“Great location near Emory.”

The University Inn at Emory
Ranked #5 of 20 Atlanta B&B and Inns
new york city
“Great location near Emory.”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Emory. Some of the rooms are being renovated. We asked ahead of time for a renovated room, which in retrospect was a good idea. Great location near Emory. Parking is right outside the rooms which is good for luggage. We arrived late, the office was locked but someone came within a couple of minutes to check us in. If you plan on getting there late, call ahead to make sure you can get in. The staff was really warm and helpful. Even though the property was fully booked, they accommodated our late check out request with a cheerful YES.

Room Tip: Call ahead, ask for a renovated room. Also call if you are arriving late to make sure you can get in...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank platafamilyvactioner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Having labelled the Inn "a dump" on Tripadvisor in November 2012, I was contacted by the manager who was most cordial and asked us to visit again. I am happy to report that this visit in February 2014 found the room immaculate, all lights worked and ample toilet paper available. One must keep in mind that this is a college inn and the prices are very reasonable. One should not expect the Hyatt when visiting.

Sleep quality was rated average because the Inn is located near 3 hospitals and one occasionally hears sirens. The beds are firm which pleased my husband. The location is directly across the street from Emory which is a definite benefit for us.

That being said, the staff continues to be friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast more than adequate and the evening chocolate chip cookies still earn an A+ from my husband.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank kris k
Stromness, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I arrived in the dark and had to find my way to the room (which was a basement style room) with its own front door and a small window, and was situated a good bit away from the Main Reception. I had a friend with me BUT if I had been alone I would not have liked this!. The room smelt musty and there were a couple of 'bug' things that the vacuum had missed. However, although the room could have done with a few touches to make it more homely - it was fine for my visit. It was a budget room! I did mention the smell and floor and next day and it was given a really good clean and I got an apology. I found the Inn a lovely homely place to be - the staff were very friendly and I felt really safe. The surroundings were lovely and I enjoyed my little walk to the breakfast room in the morning past squirrels racing up the trees! The breakfast was a basic DIY continental but I loved it. There were things that would improve the basic room I had with a sofa bed but I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to people. Excellent location. It would take much for me to have given this accommodation an excellent rating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Shiku, Guest Relations Manager at The University Inn at Emory, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I remember you and glad that you generally were happy with the Inn. I know that you had the worst room in the Guest House. I'm sorry that that was all we had to offer during your stay. You noted that you were budget conscious which drove the choice to that room. I hope next time we can offer something more suitable. Thank you for allowing us to serve you.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our room was rather spacious and quiet. We requested a room away from stairs, ice machines, elevators (didn't see an elevator - don't know if they even have one) and they were able to do that for us, so that was helpful.

There were two comfortable wing chairs, a desk and two chairs with that. Beds were so-so. Bath linens were fluffy but not soft. The microwave was located on top of the refrigerator and they were in the area by the lav (which was a little odd). No table nearby them.

The rooms have direct access to the outside - so not much 'security'. We didn't use the pool (closed for winter), or the washer and dryer - which is outside and kind of in the stairway. The complimentary breakfast was typical, but the room seemed small - maybe because it is located in the 'house' part of the Inn and 'cozily' seats about 20 people.

This hotel is a little outdated - which to me made it 'seem' dirty. We chose it, and would choose it again, mainly because it was not too far from family we were visiting.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WantsAnUpgrade
Thank you for your review and thank you for allowing us to serve you. I wanted to let you know that we are planning renovations in the near future, so hopefully when you visit again, we can offer something more updated. Your opinion matters to us.
Perry, Georgia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate this hotel a 10. Service is excellent and it is very clean. I have never stayed at anyplace and felt so at home as I did here. I loved the fact that it is in walking distance of the Emory hospital too. My Husband was a patient there for almost 30 days. I really felt safe and comfortable there. They have a great continental breakfast and have a happy hour in the afternoon so you can unwind after a day of sitting in the hospital. I actually felt sad leaving this morning, but I've already got reservations for my Husbands next trip to Emory. Looking forward to seeing the University Inn Staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sheryl B
We very much enjoyed having you. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit and hope all is going well.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Nice location and excellent quality for the price. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful time staying here with our son; the crib was in the room upon arrival and if we needed anything, the staff was always eager to help. Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GHP2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are glad you chose us for your visit to Atlanta. It is most important to us that we service our guests well. We hope to serve you again on your next visit.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I recently stayed at this inn with 2 friends, from the outside it looked like any middle of the road motel, however, after stepping into the room we quickly changed our mind, my friend lifted the bedskirt on one of the beds, there was a large wad of dried tobacco chew stuck to the bed frame, Oh it gets better, we looked behind the bed to find that a new ocket was installed in the wall, why clean up the sand, plaster and sand mound on th floor that was every bit 5 inches, high, the carpeting was stained, so there was no barefoot happening on that rug, when I went to take a shower I ran the water turned it on shower and the whole insert of the shower head flew with force and hit the shower wall on the other side good thing i wasn't standing in the shower, then I went to put it back in and the screw fell out! I would avoid this place at all cost!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank jilll770
Shiku, Guest Relations Manager at The University Inn at Emory, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Hello -

We see your comments about us. I am very sorry that your stay was not what you had hoped for. I would like to ask which room and on what dates did you stay with us. I will notify our maintenance staff as soon as we know which room is involved, and it is helpful to know the dates so that we can address the cleanliness issue with both housekeeping and the maintenance manager.

I would appreciate receiving any information or feedback you have. I can be reached at shirley@univinn.com or by phone 1.800.654.8591 ext 518. I am the manager over guest services and will consider a refund of room charges once I know which room and dates are involved. Your feedback is very important to us.

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Midtown
Midtown
Loews Atlanta Hotel
Loews Atlanta Hotel
#2 of 173 in Atlanta

Been to The University Inn at Emory? Share your experiences!