“Shuttle service lacking”

Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown
Ranked #36 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“Shuttle service lacking”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Everything was good except I could never get the shuttle to pick me up, had to take a cab back every night. I was told it ran until 10:00 pm on Saturday and when I called at 9:30 pm I was told it stopped running at 8pm. On Saturday??? Other nights waited over an hour for pick up but it never arrived. We were there for a cheer competition and were very tired after long days so it was kind of annoying not to get a ride back that we were promised and a huge part of why we stayed there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Our experience started with Trevor who "bounced" out to the car ... he was very polite, funny and helpful. We walked inside and where med by Norris, Brandon and Ross. They did everything they could to make our stay very pleasant. Also Chandra was very pleasant. The building could use some work. It s a grand old building but does need some TLC.There was a swim meet and the room next was full of 15 (?) year old girls. We found our room noisy because we where at ground level on a very busy street. Overall the people are what made our trip really great and yes we would go back because there are still many things to see & do, 3 days was not enough.

Room Tip: DO Not get a room on the hospital route.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Earl M
Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The room was old and worn with stained carpet and felt grubby.

The mandatory valet parking is offensive and although the staff is pleasant it doesn't make up for the sad shape of the property!

I wouldn't stay there if it was the last hotel in Atlanta

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Evelyn F
GREENBELT
Reviewed February 10, 2014

It was a pleasant stay at Hampton Inn near Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia. At the first night, our daughter was with us on the bed, and it was hard for us to have a good sleep, so we asked if we can have an extra bed for the kid, then we got a crib! Thanks! And also thanks for other help as internet connection, and other information inquiries. We were fully respected there!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had to extend my reservation due to severe weather in Atlanta. I was charged an "event" rate that was $115 higher than the normal rate. The hotel staff was aware I had to extend my stay because my flight had been canceled because of the ice storm in ATL. I wished they would've given me the same rate I paid for the previous two days. The heat didn't work in the new room I was given and it was 12 degrees outside. Took hours for maintenance to come to my room to fix the unit. The repairman was able to get the unit to heat the room at the cost of it making screeching noises that never stopped. The front desk staff made no offer to discount for not having heat for several hours or having to deal with an extremely noisy heater. I wasn't given a receipt and I called back to request a receipt be emailed to me. The front desk person told me he was aware of the challenges with my room and he would have the GM call me. I thanked him and asked him to email me a copy of my receipt. He it was pointless to give me a receipt until I spoke to the manager. I thought it was rude to tell me my request was pointless. I had to contact the property management company of the hotel to get my receipt and the GM never called me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Winston, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

WOW!!!! Best hotel I have ever stayed at, service and staff were unbelievably helpful and nice. It felt like everyone was intuitive to our needs, we didn't even have to ask for things, they just happened. Housekeeping, AMAZING, front desk, AMAZING, Valet, AMAZING!! You can't beat this locale, it was a great trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great location for a meeting I was attending in the city. The shuttle service was great and the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and the breakfast was great !!! Will definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business