“Wonderful experience!”

Ranked #37 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Cumming, Georgia
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Can't say enough about the friendly & professional staff. The hotel property is perfect for not only those coming into ATL for business or GA Tech but also those like my son that stayed there while volunteering for Music Midtown last fall.

This hotel provided great security, clean rooms & complementary breakfast. My son called the hotel to find a cab & they sent him one that they've used for years.

The parking garage does cost but he didn't use it. Rather took the train down to the hotel.

Concierge service was as good as we've ever had - that including 5-star hotels & resorts in NYC, FL & LA...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Largo, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff at this Hampton Inn was amazing in the face of a medical emergency in our family during the stay. We were in town for a two-fold event: nephew was graduating from Georgia Tech and also being commissioned into the Air Force. My 86 year old father-in-law had a medical emergency, spent 8 hours in an Atlanta ER. As we were leaving the ER, we called the hotel to see if it was possible to get a rollaway bed so my husband could stay in the room with his father. The drive to the hotel was only 10 mins--but that rollaway bed was waiting for us! Additionally, as he was in the ER, I found myself in and out of the hotel often (shuttling rest of family back & forth, etc)--the crew parking cars was beyond helpful and supportive. Just an outstanding example of how customers are to be treated. A great customer service experience!

Room Tip: The rooms with a king bed were very large and spacious.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michael B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hi Joan! I truly enjoyed being around you and your lovely family graduation weekend. I am so sorry you had to skip graduation because of the emergency. In the midst of it all every one of you were so still so positive and delightful to be around. Your nephew had two great accomplishments and it was great that he had so many family members come to celebrate with him. I hope your father-in-law had a full recovery. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I wanted to give kudos to the Hampton Inn-Atlanta at Georgia Tech Downtown. The signature experience began with Dominique, AGM, who gave superb service in ensuring my reservation and confirmation was complete for my arrival. Then upon arrival, Guest Service Management, specifically Mr. Norris, had my room immaculately ready with valet ready to greet me and the professional staff who treated me with a VIP experience. Traveling with the Brand of Hilton, I often stay at quality hotels, but this staff from the front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, and breakfast host, ensures a person feels really good. I was interviewing for a special position and received it due to persistence and the ability to have a quality stay. Thank you Mr. Norris, and the staff for your Excellence in Customer Service and being true to the Brand of Hamptonality!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jimmy C
I am glad to hear my staff made a good impression. I express daily that hospitality starts when guests call for a reservation and ends when you drive off the lot! I am very proud that my team members gave you the piece of mind to focus on your interview and wow those you were meeting with. Thank you for your patronage.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed 4 years ago for our FACET weekend and loved it, so we booked again for graduation. Had the whole family, great room, good cookies and breakfast - but the best surprise of all was on the day of graduation. We thought we were going to have to fight to park, or walk across campus in pouring rain, but when we got to the lobby they announced that there was a shuttle to graduation. (The Ga Tech conference center didn't even provide that!). Brandon handled the chaos with patience when too many people needed a ride back in the cold rain. It really saved our day, and I am so thankful. The ladies at the desk were very nice and helpful (I forgot their names, but we checked in May 3rd). Just a great stay - my only complaint is that I did not know valet was mandatory, and I didn't think it was necessary. Thank you all very much!!

Room Tip: The North side rooms provide a great view of campus, 4th floor and above you can see Tech Tower.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful words! You're right, this weekend was chaotic and the rain was not a pleasant surprise!!! Fortunately, we have been through many graduations and we were just excited to see all the graduates. Thank you for the photos!!!
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Fantastic location - short walk to GT campus and the football stadium. Room was very clean. Air conditioning unit was SUPER loud and TV/cable was being upgraded, so not all channels were working. Parking attendant was very quick to retrieve our car when we needed to come and go - quite charming.

Thank Susan M. G
Omer, Israel
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Clean, quiet, terrific shuttle service. Super friendly and helpful staff from managers to maids. It is foolish to require 200 characters. My goal in rating this facility is to compliment the AWESOME staff. Now I am aggravated by having to spend more time on the computer than is warranted.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hotel is very nice, great location for Georgia Tech, walking distance to many things. The service is fantastic, the staff is very friendly and always welcoming. This was my second stay in a year and it is nice to see the same staff and I felt like I was coming home. Highly recommend..and the shuttle service is fantastic

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family