“Excellent Service, So Impressed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown

Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown
Ranked #29 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Service, So Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The staff truly went out of their way - even before our check-in. My team was highly satisfied with the service throughout our stay. Our rooms were clean, the entire staff was very hospitable always, dining / lounging area is nice and comfortable - no complaints. I look forward to staying there next year during our travels.

1 Thank WincorpMiami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Turkish first
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Room was clean and had what I needed.
Breakfast was typical for Hampton Inn, but not as well stocked as some Hamptons it seemed to me. Soggy eggs and some items that were supposed to be hot were luke warm.

I frequently received conflicting information from the staff, which was odd. I think they could use some additional training.

They sure inflate the price during trade show weeks in Atlanta. I paid nearly $200 per night which is clearly a rip off for this hotel, but I had to be there so what can you do....I think I'll try something else next time.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Staff not helpful and unresponsive. Gouge when can.Would not stay there due to bad staff attitude. Consistent problems during stay. If you need to visit Coke, good location. If going to Georgia Tech there are several much better hotels just as close. If you are going downtown there are much better hotels much closer.
Coke deserves a better hotel across the street.

Room Tip: Need a rental car. You cannot rely on the shuttle
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
atlgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We undertsand your frustrations with our cancellation policy. To be fair amongst all our guests we did choose to stand behind the given policy which is stated in the conformation e-mail and visible to travel agents at all times during the booking process . We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay and we are sorry we disappointed you. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again
La Crescenta, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Service was great, and like all Hampton Inns the value is great! This location is nice if you need to be near Coke, Georgia Tech, or the various AT&T offices on PeachTree. However, there was only 1 outlet at the desk. To charge my various devices, I had to start un-plugging lamps (which affected the light in the room)

• 2 of 5 stars
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Hotel is clean, quiet and conveniently located near Centennial Park, Coke headquarters, The World of Coke, CNN, the aquarium, GA Tech, GA Dome, restaurants, shopping, and has easy access to I-85, The hotel provides shuttle bus service to these nearby attraction. Parking is limited to valet service only. A free breakfast, with several "hot" choices is provided in a convenient dining area near the front entrance and registration area. The hotel staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The area around the hotel is safe and provides ample opportunities for walks/exercise.

Room Tip: The hotel has 6 floors with views either north or south. There would be virtually no "views&qu...
Pittsford (town), New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Having vacationed in some of the world's finest Hiltons, I still favor this Hampton Inn while in Atlanta on business. Although I stay here only once or twice a year for five nights at a time, the friendly staff always welcomes me as if I were an old friend. The beds are comfortable, the complementary coffee at any time of day or night is delicious, & the self-serve breakfast is satisfying. I am so impressed by the warmth & professionalism of employees at this hotel, whether they are people I have met many times or more recent additions to the staff. The Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech has the calm atmosphere of a boutique hotel, despite its location on busy North Avenue.

Room Tip: Although some reviewers dislike the North Avenue side, due to siren noises, this is not an issue for...
    • 5 of 5 stars
atlgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
What a wonderful way to start my day seeing one of our most beloved guests speaking her mind once again! I know we have changed a lot with the convention and the fact that you have hung in there with us let's me know that we ARE doing something right. We look forward to seeing your lovely face and I personally enjoy your bubbly character. See ya soon!
Charleston, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm a regular at this Hampton Inn, and have stayed there at least one night/month for the past 5 years. In the beginning, I strayed to other nearby hotels (Courtyard Marriott, where I won't go ever again, and GT Hotel and Conference Center).

What sets this HI apart is its phenomenal staff who go out of their way to make you feel welcome and appreciated. I don't think it's just me because they know me. I hear them giving helpful tips to parents of prospective Georgia Tech students, etc. From the valet parkers to the front desk to the breakfast staff to the shuttle drivers, they are all so friendly and feel like they genuinely like each other and, more importantly, the guests.

The rooms are always clean and fresh. I do request a room on the back of the building so North Avenue traffic noise isn't a problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the building so you don't have North Ave. noise.
    • 5 of 5 stars
WOW! Thank you SO much for such a positive review!!! It means so much to us to hear from a regular guest - we do try so hard to keep everyone happy. We know that it can be hard traveling away from family so often for work so I try to make sure my staff keeps that in mind. If you haven't already, do not hesitate to let us know of any special requests when you come back. This will always be your home away from home!!